SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Carnes still has plenty of time to make grades. Eric Martin signed and then had to take summer school to qualify but still made it here. He was borderline not qualifying. Besides, lets say he fails his SAT and ACT which he recently took... you can continue to retake them through April. He still has plenty of time to study and retake each.

Carnes still has plenty of time to make grades. Eric Martin signed and then had to take summer school to qualify but still made it here. He was borderline not qualifying. Besides, lets say he fails his SAT and ACT which he recently took... you can continue to retake them through April. He still has plenty of time to study and retake each.

I realize there's is time for him to qualify, all I was saying is that it would be the only reason we drop him from our 2010 class. Rather than taking a chance on him, especially with Jamal already committed for 2011, we might be able to snag an O Lineman. That being said I think the article was debunked quickly, and disregarded as all false, especially since it was released Brion decided to end his streak of not answering phone calls just to put the rumor to bed that he committed.

I realize there's is time for him to qualify, all I was saying is that it would be the only reason we drop him from our 2010 class. Rather than taking a chance on him, especially with Jamal already committed for 2011, we might be able to snag an O Lineman. That being said I think the article was debunked quickly, and disregarded as all false, especially since it was released Brion decided to end his streak of not answering phone calls just to put the rumor to bed that he committed.

I think it is imperative that we take a QB this year. We really need to develop for next year when Lee and Washington leave. All we will have is Green, possibly Spano, possibly Martinez, and Jamal Turner if he sticks it out and is good enough to not have to RS. If we don't take one in this year's class then I see us potentially being dangerously thin for 2011.

I don't think anybody would disagree that It is necessary to take at least one quarterback every year. But if all signs point to this guy never stepping foot on campus like so many have before in the past, I'm ok with snagging a talented 3 star lineman that is guaranteed. That being said I trust whatever decision the coaching staff makes is the right one. If Carne's commits on Wednesday, and shows that the moron writer was full of bunk, then the staff must believe that Carne's will do what is necessary to get to Lincoln.

I just wish these high school kids would realize that you can't play football without performing well in school as well. Many of them are under the impression that if they perform well enough on Fridays, then that is all that matters. I think our staff does a good job making it aware with out recruits how imperative it is that school is important to our kids.

• Fire 1

Yea that is pretty funny.

But when you sit down and really read the second one, you do feel bad for the kid. High school who for 18 months believes he is going to USF and then in less than a minute, your world is turn 180 degrees. I believe we have been recruiting him for, what? A month and a half? 2 months? But it was only recently that USF took away his scholly, and said sorry we have no room for you. But here is what i didn't know, apparently USF is leaving a scholly out there for a Georgia QB to sign? That is a bunch of bull.

Anyway, like the article says, NU or WKU. This decision isnt going to be an easy one for Carnes.

Boy the paid sites had him as a husker with no more visits. Ends up at WKU :bang .I believed like other paid up insiders he was N. You never know .Oh well wish him luck and hope it works out for him.

I'd get my money back. :sarcasm

If you want recruiting info that isn't subject to change, don't tune in until after signing day. The paid sites provide a service, and report the most current information. I've followed recruiting long enough to know it's never a done deal until the LOI is signed. Don't blame the pay sites simply because the situation changes and kids can and do change their minds.

Brion thinking maybe each time you are interviewed you may say something you shouldn't. It's interesting that the newspaper has to articles on this commit one he has and other stating it's down to 2

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/2018546.html

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/2018547.html

I just emailed John Lembo to ask who wrote the article about Honesty gets you nowhere in recuiting. I am curious to see who wrote it. It is a very odd take and slanted towards the recruit.

• Fire 1

If you go look at Cody Green's profile on Rivals is says he was recruited by Shawn Watson/Mike Ekeler. That sure looks like Watson had a hand in getting the kid on campus.

There's no way Green committed to a school without having a lot of contact with his future OC and position coach. I don't care what some profile says on an internet page, Watson had a hand in recruiting Green and probably Martinez too.

If he commits to WKU, all signs point to NU not recruiting him anymore, solely because he won't qualify academically. So instead of having him commit and never get here, we might be able to snag a late O Lineman. As of now, there is no indication that he would pick WKU, other than that reason.

Carnes academic situation is not an issue for the coaches, at all.

Reason being we had Fajardo lined up and ready to commit the second an offer was made. And yes, Watson would have given his left testicle to get Fajardo as he was in love with the kid. But we called off that visit due to conversations we had with Carnes.

If Carnes goes elsewhere, it is solely because he wanted to go there. But I'm pretty sure he will be pushed rather hard the next few days, so we'll see what happens. :)

But if we lose Carnes, it's simply because he wanted to go there and the WKU coaches knew exactly how to work him. Nothing else.

• Fire 3