SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

If he commits to WKU, all signs point to NU not recruiting him anymore, solely because he won't qualify academically. So instead of having him commit and never get here, we might be able to snag a late O Lineman. As of now, there is no indication that he would pick WKU, other than that reason.

Carnes academic situation is not an issue for the coaches, at all.

Reason being we had Fajardo lined up and ready to commit the second an offer was made. And yes, Watson would have given his left testicle to get Fajardo as he was in love with the kid. But we called off that visit due to conversations we had with Carnes.

If Carnes goes elsewhere, it is solely because he wanted to go there. But I'm pretty sure he will be pushed rather hard the next few days, so we'll see what happens. :)

But if we lose Carnes, it's simply because he wanted to go there and the WKU coaches knew exactly how to work him. Nothing else.

Well if that's true we now know where the split was and I wouldn't blame Carnes for not choosing to come to Nebraska when the Head Offensive cordinator is voteing for another recruit.

Though the rumor was Godfrey not Fajardo so that would make Carnes, Watsons third choice if any of this is true. <_<

If he commits to WKU, all signs point to NU not recruiting him anymore, solely because he won't qualify academically. So instead of having him commit and never get here, we might be able to snag a late O Lineman. As of now, there is no indication that he would pick WKU, other than that reason.

Reason being we had Fajardo lined up and ready to commit the second an offer was made. And yes, Watson would have given his left testicle to get Fajardo as he was in love with the kid. But we called off that visit due to conversations we had with Carnes.

If Carnes goes elsewhere, it is solely because he wanted to go there. But I'm pretty sure he will be pushed rather hard the next few days, so we'll see what happens. :)

But if we lose Carnes, it's simply because he wanted to go there and the WKU coaches knew exactly how to work him. Nothing else.

Well if that's true we now know where the split was and I wouldn't blame Carnes for not choosing to come to Nebraska when the Head Offensive cordinator is voteing for another recruit.

Though the rumor was Godfrey not Fajardo so that would make Carnes, Watsons third choice if any of this is true. <_<

even if it were true that carnes wasn't watson's first choice of the remaining targets (and that's a mighty big if), how on earth would carnes know? in any case, it's pretty clear that carnes is the one we wanted most, and i would be awfully surprised if bo overruled watson on which one to go after.

is godfrey even in the picture anymore?

even if it were true that carnes wasn't watson's first choice of the remaining targets (and that's a mighty big if), how on earth would carnes know? in any case, it's pretty clear that carnes is the one we wanted most, and i would be awfully surprised if bo overruled watson on which one to go after.

Well if Willie is to be believed that is what he is stating happened.

He is going to WKU.

He is going to WKU.

No one should be surprised now.

Where in my post did I say Watson preferred Fajardo to Carnes? If Watson wanted Fajardo more than Carnes, we would be sitting here with a QB commit right now and not in the least worried about Carnes.

However, my point was, if we were concerned about Carnes' grades, we would have easily taken another QB like Fajardo who our coaches loved.

And FYI, Stump was way down on the list of QB recruits. I would say, as confusing as it is to me, he was below Marsh on our QB wishlist.

Is Rivals now reporting that he did in fact commit?

That is what the teaser would indicate, and what my friends who have subscriptions are telling me. I have a feeling he committed and wanted it to be silent until he announces on Wed. But My guess is that someone from WKU let it leak out, Carnes was trying to cover, and then just threw the towel in and said what the heck and made it public.

Is Rivals now reporting that he did in fact commit?

That is what the teaser would indicate, and what my friends who have subscriptions are telling me. I have a feeling he committed and wanted it to be silent until he announces on Wed. But My guess is that someone from WKU let it leak out, Carnes was trying to cover, and then just threw the towel in and said what the heck and made it public.

I hope this is the case if he is going there.... this gives us a chance to grab someone else

Yeah okay... it gives us 2 days... Fajardo just committed to Nevada. NU has been horrible at building a relationship with Godfrey and Coulter is committed to his school as well. Who is left that we have a relationship with and can give Carnes' scholie to? I can think of 2 players OT Denton Simek and the DB/WR/RB out of California that we gave a verbal offer to last week.