SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Yeah okay... it gives us 2 days... Fajardo just committed to Nevada. NU has been horrible at building a relationship with Godfrey and Coulter is committed to his school as well. Who is left that we have a relationship with and can give Carnes' scholie to? I can think of 2 players OT Denton Simek and the DB/WR/RB out of California that we gave a verbal offer to last week.

i think you answered your own question.

Yeah okay... it gives us 2 days... Fajardo just committed to Nevada. NU has been horrible at building a relationship with Godfrey and Coulter is committed to his school as well. Who is left that we have a relationship with and can give Carnes' scholie to? I can think of 2 players OT Denton Simek and the DB/WR/RB out of California that we gave a verbal offer to last week.

Yes. Yes I did. But feel free to expand upon that answer...

As far as I can tell (without a HI subscription) it sounds like Brion committed on his trip, but wanted to keep it silent so he could still do the hat dance on Wednesday. Problem is, people started spilling the beans. So Brion will still get to do the pomp and circumstance of the signing day announcement, but only the seven people who follow WKU recruiting will care.

Truth be told, he probably made the right decision if he wants to play. Dude probably wasn't going to see a ton of action between Green and Turner.

On HI it's reporting that Carnes' asst Coach is saying that he did in fact commit to WKU. Also, the DB/WR/RB out of cali said he is staying solid on his commitment to SDSU. SO, that pretty much leaves Godfrey and Simek OR we could just not take a player that is a total backup recruit, save it for next year, and get a guy we really want

On HI it's reporting that Carnes' asst Coach is saying that he did in fact commit to WKU. Also, the DB/WR/RB out of cali said he is staying solid on his commitment to SDSU. SO, that pretty much leaves Godfrey and Simek OR we could just not take a player that is a total backup recruit, save it for next year, and get a guy we really want

So you're telling me we've been turned down for Western Kentucky and San Diego St. on the same day? Ouch.

• Fire 1

So you're telling me we've been turned down for Western Kentucky and San Diego St. on the same day? Ouch.

if he did committ save the scollie for someone next year rather than using it just to use it on someone...... that is my thoughts

PER the latest update on rivals, BRION CARNES HIMSELF says he has not committed yet and it is still inbetween WKU and NU. He says he is still planning on committing on signing day.

I'm not getting my hopes up on this one any more. Where there's smoke there's usually fire; and there was a ton of smoke today suggesting Brion committed to WKU. I'm chalking this one up in the "L" column and will consider it a hail mary TD if we land him Wednesday. Let's hope O'Hanlon is in coverage!

• Fire 1