SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Here is how I see it going down.

-- NU will offer Carnes on his visit but he won't commit on the spot. Instead he'll sit on the offer so that he can fulfill his official visit with Coach Taggart at WKU.

-- In the meantime, Godfrey will be invited for an official visit. If Carnes hasn't accepted the offer by the time Godfrey steps foot on NU's campus, then he'll be offered on the spot.

-- In the end, whoever accepts the offer first wins the scholly.

-- If neither responds by Feb. 3rd, then NU will close out this recruiting class without a QB and focus on signing 2 QB's next year.

I think you're dead on. "Whoever accepts the offer first" will be our QB, and Carnes will likely have a 1 week head start on Godfrey. It will be interesting to follow the situation.

-- NU will offer Carnes on his visit but he won't commit on the spot. Instead he'll sit on the offer so that he can fulfill his official visit with Coach Taggart at WKU.

-- In the meantime, Godfrey will be invited for an official visit. If Carnes hasn't accepted the offer by the time Godfrey steps foot on NU's campus, then he'll be offered on the spot.

-- If neither responds by Feb. 3rd, then NU will close out this recruiting class without a QB and focus on signing 2 QB's next year.

I think you're dead on. "Whoever accepts the offer first" will be our QB, and Carnes will likely have a 1 week head start on Godfrey. It will be interesting to follow the situation.

i think based on actions the staff wants carnes......

Agreed...which is why he'll likely have the first shot to accept the offer. That seems like a strong enough indication that he's our #1 target.

Agreed...which is why he'll likely have the first shot to accept the offer. That seems like a strong enough indication that he's our #1 target.

One thing is clear, the staff would be happy with either one of the two. If they strike out on both, I think NU looks for 2 QB's in 2011. Godfrey has a visit scheduled to NU on the 29th and Carnes comes in on 23rd. I think everyone is right that if Carnes doesn't commit before after his visit, Godfrey gets an offer and the first to accept wins. HOWEVER, if neither make a decision to any school prior to or on FEB 3rd, don't think that the staff won't take one. A player doesn't have to make his decision until April technically, FEB 3rd is just the 1st day a player can sign and is not a deadline to commit. I know that the staff may decide to take Fulton or Simek to fill out the class for sure if neither QB commits by FEB 3rd, but I think the staff values both QB prospects high enough that if they can get one they take him when they can get him.

One thing is clear, the staff would be happy with either one of the two. If they strike out on both, I think NU looks for 2 QB's in 2011. Godfrey has a visit scheduled to NU on the 29th and Carnes comes in on 23rd. I think everyone is right that if Carnes doesn't commit before after his visit, Godfrey gets an offer and the first to accept wins. HOWEVER, if neither make a decision to any school prior to or on FEB 3rd, don't think that the staff won't take one. A player doesn't have to make his decision until April technically, FEB 3rd is just the 1st day a player can sign and is not a deadline to commit. I know that the staff may decide to take Fulton or Simek to fill out the class for sure if neither QB commits by FEB 3rd, but I think the staff values both QB prospects high enough that if they can get one they take him when they can get him.

I actually thought of that scenario while I was typing that post, but didn't feel it necessary to add to my original point. Needless to say, my guess would be that the coaches would already have someone "in-waiting" to offer a scholly to either the day of, or just before Feb. 3rd, pending no reply from Carnes or Godfrey.

I actually thought of that scenario while I was typing that post, but didn't feel it necessary to add to my original point. Needless to say, my guess would be that the coaches would already have someone "in-waiting" to offer a scholly to either the day of, or just before Feb. 3rd, pending no reply from Carnes or Godfrey.

I think that if neither accepts the scholly on Feb 3rd and they dont delay their decision until April I dont think that we will take one this year.

I think that if neither accepts the scholly on Feb 3rd and they dont delay their decision until April I dont think that we will take one this year.

I agree. But I wasn't implying the "in-waiting" player being a QB. I was thinking the "in-waiting" player might be Simek or someone else who is sort of flying under the radar at the moment. I'm just guessing that the coaches have a player or two in mind as potential "in-waiting" offers if Carnes & Godfrey decline.

Watching some more film and this kid is the type of QB that we are going to continue to look at. QBs who are very athletic. Not athletes playing QB.

Two things stand out about Carnes. His footwork and his arm strength. His HS QB coach said that he needs work on his touch and his reads.

Watching some more film and this kid is the type of QB that we are going to continue to look at. QBs who are very athletic. Not athletes playing QB.

Two things stand out about Carnes. His footwork and his arm strength. His HS QB coach said that he needs work on his touch and his reads.

scout listed :accuracy/consistency and field vision......

that kind of stuff makes me nervous......

The USF Scout forum is saying that Carnes confirmed his commitment to USF this weekend. It's also saying that Ace Sanders liked what he heard from Skip Holtz as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carnes stays put at USF. Especially if Ace Sanders commits to USF as well. Afterall, it's close to home and he gets to play with his cousin and best friend.

The USF Scout forum is saying that Carnes confirmed his commitment to USF this weekend. It's also saying that Ace Sanders liked what he heard from Skip Holtz as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carnes stays put at USF. Especially if Ace Sanders commits to USF as well. Afterall, it's close to home and he gets to play with his cousin and best friend.

Looks like Carnes will not force a decision by the staff. I say he cancels his visit and we go hard after Stump. Or, we skip a QB this year and stay with our top level recruits. Cooper, Owa, Fulton, Smitek