We want to hear from you: We need new moderators!!

Well...Here goes nothing...

I, killer cacti, would like to thank Vuren for mentioning me in this great honor to be a moderator for the illustrious Huskerboard.com. Allow myself to introduce....myself. Over the past 13 months, I have covered this board like a Clemson rowing outfit (see here). From the BS of the Big Red Lounge, to covering my Tigers in the NCAA forum, to the glorious glories of the Daily Skin forum, to the boobies in b*tching in the woodshed. I have learned many more things on this board than I ever learned in my years of schooling (I am from SC, mind you). I've learned the importance of an amazing DT, the damnation of a B******, how to dominate an online poll, how to not tolerate gold & black tigers, jayhawks, longhorns, sooners, hawkeyes, and the fluff pillows of colorado, but how to tolerate one single cyclone fan named Cy. I consider all of huskerboard to be my friends, except for those mentioned here.

Husker fans, we must fight to become the greatest site on the ultranet (if that even exists). So with that being said...I, killer cacti, accept your nomination!

Knappic would be a great pick...

Secondly, I would like to nominate myself.

For one, I almost always use spotless English. In addition to that I was a lurker on here for a long time before committing to getting an account here. I have been mainly using this site as a resource for getting information. However, if being a mod requires me to post more then I would be happy to oblige.

I have to use my laptop for my profession and almost always end up reading or posting on huskerboard nearly 24/7.

The Huskers are my team despite my screen name and I respect fans of all other teams. However, if there is something that violates the rules of the board, I feel like I would be able so handle the situation effectively.

EZ-E also deserves a nomination.

With respect to the several others who have been nominated, I'd like to second (or third, or fourth) BIGREDIOWAN. He's one of the Old Guard who's been around for years and years. He's an officer of the law - he knows right and wrong and exercises good judgment. He is intelligent and fair. He knows his football (although that's not a job requirement, it's nice to have knowledgeable Mods).

It's always nice to have Mods who are respected by the general membership. BRI would step into the position with the respect of the community.

With respect to the several others who have been nominated, I'd like to second (or third, or fourth) BIGREDIOWAN. He's one of the Old Guard who's been around for years and years. He's an officer of the law - he knows right and wrong and exercises good judgment. He is intelligent and fair. He knows his football (although that's not a job requirement, it's nice to have knowledgeable Mods).

It's always nice to have Mods who are respected by the general membership. BRI would step into the position with the respect of the community.

Agree. 100%

:yeah

I'd like to volunteer to be a moderator. Only if I can make fun of Blackshirt. :lol:

Please offer a statement why you would be a good fit. Thanks

I've been a long time member(5+ years). Seen this board grow from its infancy to its current stage. Although I am rather opinionated, I believe I have the ability to exercise good judgement in mediating discussion with regards to fairness, staying on topic, and keeping the board appropriate for viewers of all ages.

I'm not the most active member on here, but I'm going to volunteer, anyway.

I've been around the internet, from the absolute worst message boards to some of the better ones and understand how things work on the internet (you guys have no idea how well behaved you are on here). I've hosted and admin'd my own board (phpBB), I've set up and hosted a few sites (defunct for the time being), so I'm generally pretty competent in regards to tech/code/whatever.

I preach and practice fairness and consistency, and have little to no patience for trolls.

We here at Huskerboard are always looking to improve and create on what has become the best free message board out there on that web. With our increased popularity the need for more moderators is necessary. We are seeking your input and suggestions for new moderators. Please reply to this thread and let us know whether you would like to be considered or would like to nominate someone to be a moderator. In a brief statement let us know why you or your choice would make a great moderator. After we receive a pool of candidates we, the admins and mods will vote on the next individual or group of new moderators.

A few things to consider when recommending either yourself or another member:

1. You will not need to be on the board any more than you already are.

2. We want you to contribute as you would if you weren't a moderator.

3. This is not a paid position.

4. You enjoy college football.

5. You are a fair and open minded person.

6. You can write and read English. (you never know)

i suppose that rules me out.............i hate using punctuation and grammer

Classic!!! Guess you should add spelling to that list of flaws...It's Grammar.

I would like to throw myself in the pool. I have MOD experience from a non-husker related website. I feel that I have the ability to be fair and make proper decisions in regard to MOD operations. I do like to stir the pot once in a while but I also know when to stop. I am also on the board quite a lot. If you have any questions just ask.

If you give me one of the positions you will not be disappointed. Thanks

i am shocked and offended that no one has nominated Tuff Tiger. he is an amazing poster who has shown that he is very well mannered and a very nice visiting team poster...oh i can't go on with it, but really i think we need a special place for mr TAH.

If Cacti still posted i'd vote for him but i'll end up going Knapp.

Speaking of Tuff, we really need him back on here to tell us what MU's new nickname will be. Tuff as Hurricane just doesn't cut anymore since MU lost to NU in a Hurricane.