We want to hear from you: We need new moderators!!

On another board I'm a member of, there's a long-standing tradition of hazing the new Mod(s) by having them wear a sig/av that isn't... manly. Past Mods have worn such wonderful sig/av combos as:

Jan, Marcia and Cindy from The Brady Bunch

The two guys from Bosom Buddies (early 80s sitcom)

The Jonas Brothers

Teletubbies

The Ambiguously Gay Duo

Usually this lasts for about a month. Just a thought.

On another board I'm a member of, there's a long-standing tradition of hazing the new Mod(s) by having them wear a sig/av that isn't... manly. Past Mods have worn such wonderful sig/av combos as:

The Jonas Brothers

Teletubbies

The Ambiguously Gay Duo

Oh...with the talent level we have on Huskerboard, I'm fairly confident in saying the hazing will go WAY beyond the Jonas Brothers. :lol:

The Jonas Brothers

Teletubbies

The Ambiguously Gay Duo

If ONE guy here says ANYTHING about my sig.... <_<

I would like to nominate Knaapl. He seems to be well spoken and educated beyond his cranial capacity :lol:

He comes across as being even keeled and able to mitigate eloquently ( I'm not his agent).

Wait, If I pimp some more pix of the wife could I be a Mod too?? :devil

Knaapl would be my nomination...opinionated yet curteous he has a lot to offer in his views but i've seen him persuaded by solid arguments.

The Jonas Brothers

Teletubbies

The Ambiguously Gay Duo

Oh...with the talent level we have on Huskerboard, I'm fairly confident in saying the hazing will go WAY beyond the Jonas Brothers. :lol:

No hazing .. Just has to buy the beer.. ALL the beer!! :)

The Jonas Brothers

Teletubbies

The Ambiguously Gay Duo

No hazing .. Just has to buy the beer.. ALL the beer!! :)

Party pooper! :lol:

I would be happy with Knapp, Cacti, BRI, Landlord or Enhance.

I'd also like to nominate myself. I have no previous mod experience and little knowledge of what it takes to be a mod, but I do enjoy power and like abusing it. Also, in my long term goal of ruling the interweb this is a good place to start. Any excuse to be on here as often as possible without my wife complaining is also good.

If these reasons are not enough for me to beat out the other nominees, I nominate HuskerJen.

I'm in agreement with knapplc as a new mod. I guess I don't pay that much attention to who actually posts what that much (with a few exceptions) to give a thumbs up or down on other recs, but I didn't see any red flags. HANC would also seem like a good choice to me if he's willing.

I'd volunteer myself but I maybe only read about 20% of the threads, and don't want to commit to reading all of them. I am online a LOT, I do look at all of the thread titles, and would be willing to help move them to the proper forums, merge duplicates (depending on how easy the tools to do this are), kill spam (we don't seem to have much of it, thankfully), and visit busy threads to make sure they aren't degrading into personal attacks or other inappropriate posts.

I realize I can be pretty critical, but I try to criticize the post itself and not take shots at the poster, and I feel like I could keep my moderating from getting personal. If I couldn't, I'd resign.

I like the board and would like to see it stay much as it is, and I'm willing to do my part to help. If it's not wanted or needed, I'm quite happy to stay as a poster.

Wow, getting lots of requests here!

I help moderate a lacrosse board of about 50,000 members.

Its a huge pain. Wouldn't ever think of volunteering anywhere else. Probably a bit easier here with so few members, but still.

Thats my input! Not as glamorous as it may appear, so volunteers beware!