We want to hear from you: We need new moderators!!

Thanks to all of you that nominated me. It's true I'm on here all the time, even with having twin boys I still find my way on here all the time. I don't know whether to laugh at the comments about my post number or cry about the fact that I have no life. :lol: Seriously though, I love this board and have alot of passion about this board and would love to contribute in anyway that I can. I would second the nominations for knapp, and guru.

Back atcha buddy!

Of the people that have asked thus far, I'd say they all are solid contributors. To trim the field I'd nominate Knapp, BlackshirtGuru, Landlord and Enhance as mods. They usually have quality posts and refrain from starting threads on fire. Plus it sounds like some of them have current or past experience, little coaching needed.

just my $0.02

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Now for the love of God, would you please send me a Mexican plate dinner from Texas???!!! Since leaving Texas and moving to Florida, I have yet to find a damn Mexican place that comes close to the food back in Texas! :dunno

I would be happy with Knapp, Cacti, BRI, Landlord or Enhance.

I'd also like to nominate myself. I have no previous mod experience and little knowledge of what it takes to be a mod, but I do enjoy power and like abusing it. Also, in my long term goal of ruling the interweb this is a good place to start. Any excuse to be on here as often as possible without my wife complaining is also good.

If these reasons are not enough for me to beat out the other nominees, I nominate HuskerJen.

I would nominate BRI...although with the twins I am sure he is busy, but he has good common sense. Before the twins, he had nothing else better to do but post on here....look at the number of posts!

If not BRI, I would go for Landlord or Knapplc.

Of the people that have asked thus far, I'd say they all are solid contributors. To trim the field I'd nominate Knapp, BlackshirtGuru, Landlord and Enhance as mods. They usually have quality posts and refrain from starting threads on fire. Plus it sounds like some of them have current or past experience, little coaching needed.

just my $0.02

1. Thanks a lot you guys, your opinions of me are very humbling.

2. After being humbled, I would like to draw attention to the support I am getting. Mods, look no further than this post to see why I am the man for the job! :hellloooo:lol:

Wait...

If all these fine posters become Moderators, does that mean we won't be able to make fun of them as much?

If that's the case, I nominate Dundermilfinite..er Dunderml..Dundee..You know who you are. :thumbs

Well BRI and I are cops, we are used to being made fun of! :lol: I have personally been called names that I never new existed! :cop:;)

Ain't that the truth! :lol:

We are debating this. Ultimately we will narrow down the group and it will probably go to a vote from what I gather will consist of the current mods and admins.

Guys to be honest there are so many good folks here that the board does a good job of policing itself to a degree. That is a testament to the kind of posters we have here.

We can only take a handful but there are many many more that are deserving and would do great.

Please.. Please.. no matter what , no one get hard feelings because without you guys there is no board to even discuss.

You are all greatly appreciated..

When I first joined HB, I just wanted to get through an offseason. Kinda new to the whole 'there are message boards for our favorite sports teams?' idea...cool deal. Didn't expect it, but Huskerboard actually grew on me, as not just a website to go to get my NU news fix, but as a pretty great community for Husker fans and guests alike.

I actually thought to myself not too long ago, you know, maybe it'd be cool to be a mod here. I didn't think there would have been a need though. And on balance, being a member was just as well. It's not so much a feeling of 'well, I'd like the power to police threads, hand out warnings and move/delete posts.' None of that, actually. I'm almost always disinclined to think people should be banned, or threads locked, and so on. I want to be conscientious as a moderator, and part of that, for me, is being a moderator only when I have to, and being just another member the other 95% of the time.

The work the moderators do in keeping the board running smoothly is an important one, one that defines the board experience in many ways. But I don't feel it's a undertaking requiring long hours, devotion, and numerous 'contributions.' I think, more than anything, mods are representatives, rather than behind-the-scenes workers slaving away at their duty (I guess those would be the Admins. ha!)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, it all comes down to the shiny badge. :) serious - I mean, they look really sharp. Mostly, I think we have a fine moderator presence here and a great team of guys doing the job. I'd consider it a real pleasure, to be a part of that.

I guess that's it. A lot of posters who are in my opinion terrificly qualified have put themselves up for it, and I was debating whether to throw my hat in the ring given that. This is something I have been interested in, though, and I decided I wanted enough to not pass up the opportunity. If you feel like I'd do a crap job, though, please say so...I'm rather unsure myself ;)

just my $0.02

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Now for the love of God, would you please send me a Mexican plate dinner from Texas???!!! Since leaving Texas and moving to Florida, I have yet to find a damn Mexican place that comes close to the food back in Texas! :dunno

C'mon man, I know there's a taco bell around there somewhere? Just ask for Stacey, she'll hook you up with an 89 cent burrito ;) .......(that commericial has got to be the worse in history)

It has been awhile since I've visited my friends at Mesa Rosa or Chuys

Not to hijack the thread......but I've been jones'n for a Lanksy's Philly for awhile....think it would be safe to eat if I had my sister send one to me FedEx?sick0021.gif