LB Rob Hankins

Player: Rob Hankins

Hometown: Dallas, TX

Position: LB

Height: 6'1''

Weight: 215 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, California, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Rice, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa

Favorites: Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, California, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Purdue, Rice, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Rivals:

Scout: :star:star:star :star

It also looks like we are getting our texas offers out early this year. I think the coaches learned a valuable lesson last year in not taking a vacation as early as they did last year. I'm not raggin on them, just that recruiting is becoming an earlier gig than before and a lot of them are committing before/during summer even.

Via HI:

The Huskers informed Hankins' coach as well that an offer was on the way.

"I guess he met with the Nebraska coach at some coaches conference and he told me that 'the Blackshirts offered,'" Hankins said. "I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I'd always hoped, I would play D-I. I always thought I had the ability. I never dreamed of Nebraska and Notre Dame, but that's a reality now."

As for the Huskers, obviously this offer meant a lot to Hankins because of Nebraska's tradition with their defense.

"My coach, he told me Nebraska does defense," Hankins said. "Them offering you really makes a statement. He said they think and a lot of people think you're one of the best linebackers in the nation. I'm really, really proud Nebraska picked me to be one of those players."

Regardless of how excited he is about the new offers, he's not naming any favorites. It also sounds like it will be a while before any sort of decision is made.

No doubt, I am actually very, very shocked that we didn't get more big time players this year. Guy, Rome and David are very good prospects but I would have thought w our showing the last 7 games that we would have had people breaking down the doors to get on board. I think this will show up in full force for next years class and beyond.

No doubt, I am actually very, very shocked that we didn't get more big time players this year. Guy, Rome and David are very good prospects but I would have thought w our showing the last 7 games that we would have had people breaking down the doors to get on board. I think this will show up in full force for next years class and beyond.

Something I posted on another thread.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/lsu/football/recru...n-Jackson-17592

Take a look at this kid. It proves that Bo Pelini will make a kid a talent if they have the drive.

By the way. This guy got drafted 3rd overall last year by the chiefs.

• 4 weeks later...

Junior linebacker Rob Hankins (Plano, Texas/Parish Episcopal) picked up his 10th offer on Monday. Arkansas is the latest program to offer the 6-foot-1, 214-pound hard-hitting defender. The Razorbacks join Purdue, Arizona, Miami, California, Texas Tech, Baylor, Nebraska, SMU and Colorado in extending written offers. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon and Kansas are also heavily recruiting him.

This weekend, Hankins will make an unofficial visit to SMU followed by a trip to California for junior day February 27-28.

Junior linebacker Rob Hankins (Plano, Texas/Parish Episcopal) picked up his 10th offer on Monday. Arkansas is the latest program to offer the 6-foot-1, 214-pound hard-hitting defender. The Razorbacks join Purdue, Arizona, Miami, California, Texas Tech, Baylor, Nebraska, SMU and Colorado in extending written offers. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon and Kansas are also heavily recruiting him.

This weekend, Hankins will make an unofficial visit to SMU followed by a trip to California for junior day February 27-28.

He will take a trip to OU Jr days then head out to Cal. Rob's highschool coaches played for Cal

Via HI:

The Huskers informed Hankins' coach as well that an offer was on the way.

"I guess he met with the Nebraska coach at some coaches conference and he told me that 'the Blackshirts offered,'" Hankins said. "I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I'd always hoped, I would play D-I. I always thought I had the ability. I never dreamed of Nebraska and Notre Dame, but that's a reality now."

As for the Huskers, obviously this offer meant a lot to Hankins because of Nebraska's tradition with their defense.

"My coach, he told me Nebraska does defense," Hankins said. "Them offering you really makes a statement. He said they think and a lot of people think you're one of the best linebackers in the nation. I'm really, really proud Nebraska picked me to be one of those players."

Regardless of how excited he is about the new offers, he's not naming any favorites. It also sounds like it will be a while before any sort of decision is made.

Wow this kind of talk from his HS coach makes me think we have a good shot here.

I thought the same thing about this years class until I began to hear recruits explain why they picked a school after signing day. Almost everyone mentions their relationship with the coaches almost imediately. That relationship is something built over an entire year. By the time our last 7 games came around, and Suh was getting all the hype we were only a few months away from signing day. It provided a huge boost, and kept us in on Owa...probably landed Cooper but didn't have much of an affect outside of the few recruits that were undecided due to a coaching changes or turmoil at their original schools.

If we aren't in on the recruit early and often, we have a limited chance of gaining the commit IMHO. I'd say 3 out of 4 of our recruits will come from kids we've offered or showed interest in prior to April 1st. Outside of coaching changes at a recruit's top choice or a National Championship, success on the field this year won't have nearly as big of an affect on this year's class as the success on the field last year. (see florida)

Like you, I think this will be the season where we really see last years success on the field, translate into success recruiting.

• Fire 1

I thought the same thing about this years class until I began to hear recruits explain why they picked a school after signing day. Almost everyone mentions their relationship with the coaches almost imediately. That relationship is something built over an entire year. By the time our last 7 games came around, and Suh was getting all the hype we were only a few months away from signing day. It provided a huge boost, and kept us in on Owa...probably landed Cooper but didn't have much of an affect outside of the few recruits that were undecided due to a coaching changes or turmoil at their original schools.

If we aren't in on the recruit early and often, we have a limited chance of gaining the commit IMHO. I'd say 3 out of 4 of our recruits will come from kids we've offered or showed interest in prior to April 1st. Outside of coaching changes at a recruit's top choice or a National Championship, success on the field this year won't have nearly as big of an affect on this year's class as the success on the field last year. (see florida)

Like you, I think this will be the season where we really see last years success on the field, translate into success recruiting.

That's what I've been saying too. With a full year with this rep, I fully expect us to have a top 15 class (top 5 D).