LB Rob Hankins

• 2 weeks later...

Junior linebacker Rob Hankins (Plano, Texas/Parish Episcopal) picked up offers from Minnesota and Rice on Wednesday following offers from Missouri and Kansas on Tuesday. The 6-foot-1, 214-pounder now has 14 offers. Minnesota and Rice join Missouri, Kansas, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Baylor, Colorado, Miami, Arkansas, Purdue, Arizona, California and SMU in offering.

Hankins has taken unofficial visits to SMU, Oregon and California.

• 1 month later...

Inside linebacker Rob Hankins (Plano, Texas/Dallas Parish Episcopal) has more than a dozen offers and has made unofficial visits to California, Arizona and SMU. However, he was really impressed with his trip last weekend.

"I just got back from Miami," said the 6-foot-1, 214-pounder. "I went down on [March 26] and stayed until [March 28]. I loved everything about the place. I couldn't find a thing I didn't like."

The unofficial visit to Coral Gables has put the Hurricanes in the pole position.

Inside linebacker Rob Hankins (Plano, Texas/Dallas Parish Episcopal) has more than a dozen offers and has made unofficial visits to California, Arizona and SMU. However, he was really impressed with his trip last weekend.

"I just got back from Miami," said the 6-foot-1, 214-pounder. "I went down on [March 26] and stayed until [March 28]. I loved everything about the place. I couldn't find a thing I didn't like."

The unofficial visit to Coral Gables has put the Hurricanes in the pole position.

I dunno how I feel about this kid... I know all 18 year olds get caught up in the glamorous recruiting stuff, but he seems more immature than some to me. He loved Cal, he loved Miami... so far everything he loves is coastline, warm weather. Based on some of the things he has said... this is just speculation... but I'm not sure if Nebraska is going to have what he is looking for if he wants a beach, warm weather, and hot babes. And I'm not sure if he is what Nebraska will want either if those things are more important to him than football or team or hard work ethic... just sayin. He seems like one of the many kids who wants coastal location.

I dunno how I feel about this kid... I know all 18 year olds get caught up in the glamorous recruiting stuff, but he seems more immature than some to me. He loved Cal, he loved Miami... so far everything he loves is coastline, warm weather. Based on some of the things he has said... this is just speculation... but I'm not sure if Nebraska is going to have what he is looking for if he wants a beach, warm weather, and hot babes. And I'm not sure if he is what Nebraska will want either if those things are more important to him than football or team or hard work ethic... just sayin. He seems like one of the many kids who wants coastal location.

I dont disagree with the kid wanting hot babes, beaches, and warm weather.....if he wants to be the best linebacker he can be he might not want to go to Cal or any other Pac 10 team besides maybe USC. Miami puts out good linebackers, but if he wants the best defensive coaching he might want to deal with some cold weather, but nebraska does have beaches....lanoma, capital beach, and UNL does have some pretty hot chicks as well.

With his quickness/size seems like Hankins would be a natural for Pelini's defensive schemes. A headhunter with a vengance.

He's coming to the NU spring game, right?

I dont see Hankins as a husker to be honest. It appeared that he wanted a Husker offer to fluff his ego. I could be wrong but I dont see him in a Husker uniform.

With his quickness/size seems like Hankins would be a natural for Pelini's defensive schemes. A headhunter with a vengance.

I dont see Hankins as a husker to be honest. It appeared that he wanted a Husker offer to fluff his ego. I could be wrong but I dont see him in a Husker uniform.

You might be right. But he is coming to the spring game. And I think he listed NU in his top five. So he does have some interest. It's just hard to say how serious he is.

You might be right. But he is coming to the spring game. And I think he listed NU in his top five. So he does have some interest. It's just hard to say how serious he is.

From the look of that offer list I don't know if he really needed an NU offer to fluff his ego. He doesn't have one the ellusive USC, Texas, Alabama, Florida offer...but I'd say he's got enough of them to warrant a little ego.

Not to mention According to Admire, one of our OL commits, NU coaches have been showing visitors the blueprints for the new Academic Life Center... and it's scheduled to be completed fall 2010. Once we get these recruits in for their official visits in the fall... when they see our Hawks, our outside practice fields, our weight room and strength staff, our coaching offices & lobby, our team meeting room, our players lounge, our sold out stadium, our fans, our people, our nutrition program, our wins/loss record, our history of putting players in the NFL, etc. They're going to at least be talking about our program.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...