The Spoiled Under 30 Crowd

Well now that you're over 30 you can finally enjoy all of these cool things like a remote control, e-mail, internet, Ipods, Playstations, and cartoons everyday.....now you can enjoy these things like we have.

Actually if you take all of these things away I wouldn't mind growing up in the 70's and 80's because of the good music and the cars. I would've been able to see Nebraska dominate in the 70's and 80's while reliving the Oklahoma/Nebraska rivalry........after thinking about all of these seems like you guys had it easy :lol:

Not really better but I think it was easier, Man. We still have to do a schooner or ten at Charlie's.

T_O_B

Been there and done that......hilarious!

So with you Jo Ann.

T_O_B

So.....here are a few things I can remember: Captain Kangaroo, riding bikes (with my wicker basket), playing baseball in the dead-end street, penny candy, Crayola crayons. I think I was 5 or 6 when JFK was killed and can remember my Mom crying when she heard the news. Albums, 45's, 8 track tapes. Corduroy jumpers with fishnet hose. Bell bottoms, the Monkees. MIA bracelets. Black lights and posters. Ouija boards and slumber parties. Not being allowed to wear pants to school, and getting sent home once because I wore cullottes. Shopping in downtown Omaha (because there weren't any malls yet). Nancy Drew books. Peace signs. Mini skirts. And finally.....we had to be back home by the time the street lights went on! Ohhh........the good ol' days! :D

Been there and done that......hilarious!

So with you Jo Ann.

T_O_B

So.....here are a few things I can remember: Captain Kangaroo, riding bikes (with my wicker basket), playing baseball in the dead-end street, penny candy, Crayola crayons. I think I was 5 or 6 when JFK was killed and can remember my Mom crying when she heard the news. Albums, 45's, 8 track tapes. Corduroy jumpers with fishnet hose. Bell bottoms, the Monkees. MIA bracelets. Black lights and posters. Ouija boards and slumber parties. Not being allowed to wear pants to school, and getting sent home once because I wore cullottes. Shopping in downtown Omaha (because there weren't any malls yet). Nancy Drew books. Peace signs. Mini skirts. And finally.....we had to be back home by the time the street lights went on! Ohhh........the good ol' days! :D

OMG!! Joann, you are a sweet, beautiful woman. I remember all that plus, 2 channels of TV, a window fan pointing ourside to help cool the house cool in the summer, wearing jeans all summer long because shorts were for girls, street car tracks in the streets and if you got your bike caught in them it meant a lot of abrasions, getting pop corn balls at holloween and not worrying about them having razor blades in them, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Saturday afternoon at the movies with 5 cartoons, a serial, and a feature film. I could go on and on but the smile on my face is as good as it gets. Thanks for starting me on a, "its great to remember" theme.

T_O_B

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

For the record TOB, the only confirmed cases of razor blades/poisoned treats in US history were done by the childs own parents. People honestly shouldnt fear this nonsense.

And for the record they changed Holloween forever. Just look at what ends up in your kids bags, No popcorn balls.

T_O_B

You over 30 crowd has it easy! When you were young, a long, long time ago, when you joined the Army you didn't have The War of Terrorism going on. A hard day for you was if they air conditioning went out!

I'm sure the vets of Desert Storm, Vietnam, and Korea would beg to differ.

I give respect to the last two...but Desert Storm? Come on, man...two plane flights and some walks in the sand. A lot of my NCO's had been single stripers for Desert Storm and all they did was bitch constantly about how much GWOT sucked.

You over 30 crowd has it easy! When you were young, a long, long time ago, when you joined the Army you didn't have The War of Terrorism going on. A hard day for you was if they air conditioning went out!

I give respect to the last two...but Desert Storm? Come on, man...two plane flights and some walks in the sand. A lot of my NCO's had been single stripers for Desert Storm and all they did was bitch constantly about how much GWOT sucked.

You don't get to pick and choose where you are to go, so I don't short change anyone's service.

I'm just thankful for what they do, when I know they'd rather be home with their families.

You don't get to pick and choose where you are to go, so I don't short change anyone's service.

I'm just thankful for what they do, when I know they'd rather be home with their families.

lol this was more for the late 70's and 80's and 90's guys. Back then, if you had a combat patch and a CIB you were hot sh#t.

• 2 weeks later...

I still got physical punishment from my parents.

Also, I prefer if at all costs, to never use a microwave, just not the same quality.

I got some hellacious butt-whoopings.

You can't swat a kid on the buns today without getting CSS called on you. It's ridiculous.

I don't know. I'm pretty young, but I remember one time was I was somewhere around 6, my mom bent me over her knee, pulled down my pants in church, and gave me some pretty solid swats on the butt. No one said anything. I think that still goes on in some places.

No one has mentioned tag. Do kids even know what that is anymore? Line tag and kick the can were always a couple of my favorites.

There was always squirt gun and water balloon fights too. And there used to be so much variety with squirt guns. Now all you see is super soakers. I remember having battery operated fully automatic squirt guns, a pump action shotgun with neon yellow and blue camouflage print on it, squirt guns that looked like real guns. Oh good times.