Got any 'wounds' you're proud of?

I got a 48 stitch scar on my leg from a beer bottle in Omaha, playing king of the hill in the snow Damn you Omaha :steam

My right knuckle is a bit bigger than the rest due to knee rehab and me thinking it was a excellent idea to redistribute pain by hitting a concrete stadium light pole <_<

I have some scars over my eyes due to the fact that while i was 5 yrs old watchin tv i tried to break our solid wood cofee table. that led to a cracked skull :bang

My elbow is one big scar, my shin has a dent where a chunk of bone was gouged out of it and there's a hole in my thigh. All caused when I went over the right field fence going after a home run and landed on the pile of rusted waste steel that was in a pile on the other side. A jagged cut line tore most of the skin off my elbow, a sharp point went right into my shin and gouged that piece out, and a sharpened piece of rebar pierced the side of my thigh. Goog news is, I caught the ball somehow. Bad news, I never played baseball again.

Ive done my fair share of pain redistribution, as big dave put it :lol: but most was unintentional.

-Broke collarbone falling off deck at age 6.

-Have small scars on chest, neck & face from getting clothes-lined by a barbed-wire fence at age 8 when playing tag on a farm. It was dusk and I didnt know the area - all I knew was that I wasnt looking forward.... and didnt want to get caught. I did. <_<

-Broke both wrists falling out of tree at age 9. (yes I had issues with gravity as a kid)

-Broke nose 3 times during ages 16-19 -- 2 bball 1 fball.

-Got "skewered" - literally - when working at the then Boston "Chicken" on 50th & G in Omaha, age 17. One of the chicken skewers on the long poles ("spits") that hold the chicken slipped out of my hand after washing and attempting to place on top rack - yes for SOME reason these m-fers were actually kept on a TOP rack :dumdum - not any more. That sucker went up in the air about 3 feet & came down & went directly through my right hand - but luckily missed all major parts. I looked like a circus freak going to the hospital to get it removed, but is kinda funny looking back. <_< Kinda.

Many of them still hurt just thinking about em, but the worst by far was getting 2 broken wrists injected with a 6 inch needle and then proceeding to have the broken bones moved back to the "right" spot. I still to this day dont believe there was anything more than water in that damn needle. Novacane my ass!! And there was no "twilight sleep" or any type of gas offered back in "those days", so the quack shot me up and waited about 30 seconds before he proceeded to yank my arms back in place. Highly unrecommended experience. :wacko:

But overall I feel pretty lucky to have made it out of childhood in relatively one piece - coming from an era of no helmets for ANYthing, riding in the back of pick-up trucks down the highway, having BB gun/throwing-star/numchuck fights with brothers & friends on a regular basis etc etc. The hazardous list goes on and on... :)

Ive done my fair share of pain redistribution, as big dave put it :lol: but most was unintentional.

-Have small scars on chest, neck & face from getting clothes-lined by a barbed-wire fence at age 8 when playing tag on a farm. It was dusk and I didnt know the area - all I knew was that I wasnt looking forward.... and didnt want to get caught. I did. <_<

-Broke both wrists falling out of tree at age 9. (yes I had issues with gravity as a kid)

-Got "skewered" - literally - when working at the then Boston "Chicken" on 50th & G in Omaha, age 17. One of the chicken skewers on the long poles ("spits") that hold the chicken slipped out of my hand after washing and attempting to place on top rack - yes for SOME reason these m-fers were actually kept on a TOP rack :dumdum - not any more. That sucker went up in the air about 3 feet & came down & went directly through my right hand - but luckily missed all major parts. I looked like a circus freak going to the hospital to get it removed, but is kinda funny looking back. <_< Kinda.

Many of them still hurt just thinking about em, but the worst by far was getting 2 broken wrists injected with a 6 inch needle and then proceeding to have the broken bones moved back to the "right" spot. I still to this day dont believe there was anything more than water in that damn needle. Novacane my ass!! And there was no "twilight sleep" or any type of gas offered back in "those days", so the quack shot me up and waited about 30 seconds before he proceeded to yank my arms back in place. Highly unrecommended experience. :wacko:

But overall I feel pretty lucky to have made it out of childhood in relatively one piece - coming from an era of no helmets for ANYthing, riding in the back of pick-up trucks down the highway, having BB gun/throwing-star/numchuck fights with brothers & friends on a regular basis etc etc. The hazardous list goes on and on... :)

That was painful to read.

No sports related injuries, however…. The worst for me was being on fire. When I was like 6 I was in a house fire and my shirt caught flame which melted to my back. I went berserk, didn't stop drop and role, instead I ran like hell, which I guess made it worse. I jumped down a flight of stairs before my mother stopped me and threw a wet blanket around me. Was in the hospital for like 3 months. Luckily I'm not that deformed, just some scars on my back from what I'm told aren't visible from a distance. Now here's the lesson kids, listen closely, DON’T PLAY WITH MATCHES. Take my word for it.

Then I once stepped on a nail in a board, that hurt, went straight through my foot.

Never broke any bones. I have fallen out of a tree but only had the wind knocked out of me.

Once grabbed a hot electric fence, got knocked back to the ground flat on my back. Zap Zowwieee that wasn't fun.

Plenty of other scrapes and bruises but nothing worth mentioning.

No sports related injuries, however…. The worst for me was being on fire. When I was like 6 I was in a house fire and my shirt caught flame which melted to my back. I went berserk, didn't stop drop and role, instead I ran like hell, which I guess made it worse. I jumped down a flight of stairs before my mother stopped me and threw a wet blanket around me. Was in the hospital for like 3 months. Luckily I'm not that deformed, just some scars on my back from what I'm told aren't visible from a distance. Now here's the lesson kids, listen closely, DON’T PLAY WITH MATCHES. Take my word for it.

Then I once stepped on a nail in a board, that hurt, went straight through my foot.

Never broke any bones. I have fallen out of a tree but only had the wind knocked out of me.

Once grabbed a hot electric fence, got knocked back to the ground flat on my back. Zap Zowwieee that wasn't fun.

Plenty of other scrapes and bruises but nothing worth mentioning.

My God - that sounds pretty close to myself!

When I was about 5 or 6, we were visiting my grandparents in Iowa. We went to a restraunt for dinner. While we were leaving, I ran ahead and someone carrying a big, metal container of hot soup - fresh off the stove - dropped it on me, hitting mostly my back. Burned it like crazy. The worst was that all they had to put on me was my WOOL sweater. I was fortunate, though - no scarring. But it hurt for months.

And for the nail through the foot...I was building a tree house one day, and jumped out of the tree. Landed right on a board that I had tossed out with the nail sticking straight up. Big nail. Tried to lift my foot to walk, and the damn board came up. I had to unlace my shoe and pull my foot off the nail, then pull the shoe off, put it back on, and walk home. By the time I got there, my shoe was full of blood.

Then have been a couple of times I've laid motorcyles over on my leg, but only once was it really painful. I was wearing shorts and sneakers - no socks. I had to lay the bike down, and the exhaust was all on one side. Yep, you guessed it - the side I laid it on. Trapped my leg under that hot metal. That was 20 years ago and the scars are still there. Ouch.

What the hell is wrong with you? You have any cordination at all? I'm surprised you don't jam the beer bottle up your nose when you drink

Ive done my fair share of pain redistribution, as big dave put it  :lol: but most was unintentional. 

-Have small scars on chest, neck & face from getting clothes-lined by a barbed-wire fence at age 8 when playing tag on a farm. It was dusk and I didnt know the area - all I knew was that I wasnt looking forward.... and didnt want to get caught.    I did.  <_<

-Broke both wrists falling out of tree at age 9.  (yes I had issues with gravity as a kid)

-Got "skewered" - literally - when working at the then Boston "Chicken" on 50th & G in Omaha, age 17. One of the chicken skewers on the long poles ("spits") that hold the chicken slipped out of my hand after washing and attempting to place on top rack - yes for SOME reason these m-fers were actually kept on a TOP rack :dumdum - not any more. That sucker went up in the air about 3 feet & came down & went directly through my right hand - but luckily missed all major parts. I looked like a circus freak going to the hospital to get it removed, but is kinda funny looking back.  <_<  Kinda. 

Many of them still hurt just thinking about em, but the worst by far was getting 2 broken wrists injected with a 6 inch needle and then proceeding to have the broken bones moved back to the "right" spot.  I still to this day dont believe there was anything more than water in that damn needle.  Novacane my ass!!  And there was no "twilight sleep" or any type of gas offered back in "those days", so the quack shot me up and waited about 30 seconds before he proceeded to yank my arms back in place.  Highly unrecommended experience.  :wacko:

But overall I feel pretty lucky to have made it out of childhood in relatively one piece - coming from an era of no helmets for ANYthing, riding in the back of pick-up trucks down the highway, having BB gun/throwing-star/numchuck fights with brothers & friends on a regular basis etc etc.  The hazardous list goes on and on...  :)

What the hell is wrong with you? You have any cordination at all? I'm surprised you don't jam the beer bottle up your nose when you drink

I guess too much tailgating at an early age... :wasted

My elbow is one big scar, my shin has a dent where a chunk of bone was gouged out of it and there's a hole in my thigh. All caused when I went over the right field fence going after a home run and landed on the pile of rusted waste steel that was in a pile on the other side. A jagged cut line tore most of the skin off my elbow, a sharp point went right into my shin and gouged that piece out, and a sharpened piece of rebar pierced the side of my thigh. Goog news is, I caught the ball somehow. Bad news, I never played baseball again.

Damn BRJ, hope you put some neosporin on that. So you caught the ball but it was on the wrong side of the fence, so Im assuming it was still a HR? Talk about adding insult to injury.

My elbow is one big scar, my shin has a dent where a chunk of bone was gouged out of it and there's a hole in my thigh.  All caused when I went over the right field fence going after a home run and landed on the pile of rusted waste steel that was in a pile on the other side.  A jagged cut line tore most of the skin off my elbow, a sharp point went right into my shin and gouged that piece out, and a sharpened piece of rebar pierced the side of my thigh.  Goog news is, I caught the ball somehow.  Bad news, I never played baseball again.

Damn BRJ, hope you put some neosporin on that. So you caught the ball but it was on the wrong side of the fence, so Im assuming it was still a HR? Talk about adding insult to injury.

It was a green chain link fence, about 8 feet tall. I climbed it to catch the ball, caught it on the right side and fell off the wrong side.