Eeks! Some new board suggestions

zoogs

Admins/Mods, not sure if you are aware but several people have posted on other boards that they are having trouble getting on here and think the board is still down. I had the same issue myself, your URL hasn't changed by my bookmark brings up the dead page. You have to re-type in the URL and create a new bookmark. Not sure how you rectify this, but if you don't have a solution then I would recommend a subtle "advertising" campaign on other boards to make sure everyone is aware that HB is infact up.

• Fire 2

Admins/Mods, not sure if you are aware but several people have posted on other boards that they are having trouble getting on here and think the board is still down. I had the same issue myself, your URL hasn't changed by my bookmark brings up the dead page. You have to re-type in the URL and create a new bookmark. Not sure how you rectify this, but if you don't have a solution then I would recommend a subtle "advertising" campaign on other boards to make sure everyone is aware that HB is infact up.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I thought about this the other day then promptly forgot. The url has actually changed, it use to be www.huskerboard.com/formus/index.php - when we switched servers I moved it from the forums directory to the root so it's now www.huskerboard.com/index.php. So you're right, anyone who had the old link bookmarked would end up nowhere. I've added a redirect.. Thanks

Nice pick-up on that one............... :thumbs

Are you talking about links that go to other parts of the Board, or links that go to outside content? If the latter, they should be opening up in a new window - the key is to right click those links and select the option to open in a new tab. If the former, that's the way we want it to work. If not, we'd have tons of connections to the database.