CB Daren Kitchen

Nexus

• 4 weeks later...

Boo...I feel like if NU has to compete with Miami for a kid, we shouldn't want that kid. The 2 schools are exact opposites in their football values. Miami makes me sick. Bleh!!!

Well Nebraska has produced some pretty big scumbags too so lets not be throwing rocks inside our glass house.

Also I personally think Randy Shannon is starting to whip that school into shape, they are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

Boo...I feel like if NU has to compete with Miami for a kid, we shouldn't want that kid. The 2 schools are exact opposites in their football values. Miami makes me sick. Bleh!!!

Well Nebraska has produced some pretty big scumbags too so lets not be throwing rocks inside our glass house.

Also I personally think Randy Shannon is starting to whip that school into shape, they are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

agreed, we've had our own share of bad apples

even though they have some skeletons in there closet(like all schools), they have a pretty good history of producing winners. i like the paralel between us and tha U in that regard. that being said, i haven't seen any film or heard anything on him to say wheather i want him hear or not.

We have had our fair share of scumbags...true

But never been referred to as Thug U ;) just sayin'

But good news on the top 5

Shannon is a good guy that really seems to want Miami cleaned-up, jury is still out on whether he's a good HC especially after a rather disappointing recruit-class.

• 1 month later...
Nebraska leads for Kitchen

Daren Kitchen (Houma, La./Vanderbilt Catholic) is one of many top-flight defensive back prospects in the junior class in Louisiana. With offers in hand from Big 12 and Pac-10 programs, Kitchen put together a strong performance that is sure to go a long way in pushing others schools to join the race.

"Stanford and Nebraska have offered so far," said Kitchen. "Stanford was my first offer in September and Nebraska offered about two weeks later. I think Texas Tech and Ole Miss are close to offering."

The rail-thin, but fluid and quick cornerback prospect recently tripped to a Big 12 school and LSU.

"I went to Texas Tech April 3 and LSU April 10. They were both good visits," said the 6-foot-1, 160-pound Kitchen.

While a decision is not expected until near summer's end, the second school to offer has taken the lead in his recruitment.

"As of right now, Nebraska is probably my favorite," he said. "I'm going to go through the summer and see who else is going to offer before a I make my decision."

Kitchen said he would like to hear from Tennessee. He is being recruited as a corner and safety.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5110136

Nebraska leads for Kitchen

Daren Kitchen (Houma, La./Vanderbilt Catholic) is one of many top-flight defensive back prospects in the junior class in Louisiana. With offers in hand from Big 12 and Pac-10 programs, Kitchen put together a strong performance that is sure to go a long way in pushing others schools to join the race.

"Stanford and Nebraska have offered so far," said Kitchen. "Stanford was my first offer in September and Nebraska offered about two weeks later. I think Texas Tech and Ole Miss are close to offering."

The rail-thin, but fluid and quick cornerback prospect recently tripped to a Big 12 school and LSU.

"I went to Texas Tech April 3 and LSU April 10. They were both good visits," said the 6-foot-1, 160-pound Kitchen.

While a decision is not expected until near summer's end, the second school to offer has taken the lead in his recruitment.

"As of right now, Nebraska is probably my favorite," he said. "I'm going to go through the summer and see who else is going to offer before a I make my decision."

Kitchen said he would like to hear from Tennessee. He is being recruited as a corner and safety.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5110136

"rail-thin" - that's always an encouraging assessment to read