OLB Nico Ornelas

Nexus

• 1 month later...

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 28 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

NICO ORNELAS, LB, 6-3, 190, 4.6, NORTH RICHLAND HILLS (RICHLAND), TEXAS

Nico has offers from Kansas, Nebraska and Arkansas

Spring Games

“I’m going to Kansas for the spring game and I’m trying to go to Arkansas. There is a lot of Junior Day’s so I got to figure it out.” Ornelas said

Will Visit KU

“I’ve haven’t actually been up there (Kansas) my coach is from there and he liked it. I got an offer from Kansas so I’m going to go and see how it is.” Ornelas said

“Kansas told my coach that they offered me and they ended up sending me a letter. I called them the other weekend and we were just talking how they were really interested in me and looking forward of me coming to their spring game.” Ornelas said

Trip To NU Uncertain

“I’ll probably go to Nebraska,” Ornelas said. “I just need to figure out when. Faraway places I have a lot to plan. I play track, baseball, indoor soccer so I got to get it all figured out. I have to talk to the Nebraska coaches and see what would be a good time and for my schedule.”

“Nebraska was my first offer I was excited about it. I got the offer during the season I didn’t know I was getting that much attention so I was pretty excited.” Ornelas said

Met Coach Beck

“Nebraska coach (Beck) came before one of my games they (Beck and HS Coach) were looking at my highlight film and Coach Beck told my coach that they (Nebraska) were going to offer me. Then my coach told me Nebraska was going to offer me and I happened to be there. I introduced myself and Coach Beck gave me his card and stuff.” Ornelas said

“Nebraska is big on defense like the Blackshirts it would be an honor to go there. He’s (Bo Pelini) has done a lot of stuff there and I know they have a lot of diehard fans.” Ornelas said

“I like Arkansas because of the SEC and one of my teammates got an offer from them too. I heard Arkansas has a really nice campus that’s all I know about them now. I’ll still have to see them.” Ornelas said

Like To Play In Texas

“I’m trying to get offers close to home for my family and stuff. I kind of like Texas (In State Schools) I’m used to their weather so I have to see what’s ahead for me with other offers.” Ornelas said

“I would like to hear from TCU or Texas A&M,” Ornelas said. “I mean they all have sent me letters but they really haven’t contacted me. I’ve been to A&M for Junior Day’s and went to their game against Texas Thanksgiving day. I’m trying to get offers from both of these schools.”

“I just go in my hard copies (highlight films). The online links I heard colleges don’t look at them, just hard copies only. I got to go down and take them to TCU I might send one to Oklahoma. A&M has already got mine but I’m not sure.” Ornelas said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...