OLB Cole Fisher

huskers1

I saw on rivals that Fisher visited Iowa recently, which he has an offer from. I would think that being from Omaha, his brother on the team, and NU having such an outstanding defensive staff that if we offer he'll jump on it. With that said has anyone heard anything regarding if he is getting a hard look or his abilities compared to Sean? I know he recently tore his ACL but other than that, any news?

I have heard that Cole is the best athlete of the group. I am sure that he will get a NU offer.

:yeah

Call me crazy, but I think his brother Sean would have fit perfectly into that defense Iowa runs with their LBs. But I am glad to have Sean nonetheless.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe they want to get him into camp and see how his knee is doing before offering.

Sounds like he's not going to do any summer camps and might be ready when fall camp starts. He just doesn't want to reinjury that ACL before his Senior Season.

At this point he really likes Iowa and the coaches and could see himself fitting into their system

Maybe they want to get him into camp and see how his knee is doing before offering.

Sounds like he's not going to do any summer camps and might be ready when fall camp starts. He just doesn't want to reinjury that ACL before his Senior Season.

At this point he really likes Iowa and the coaches and could see himself fitting into their system

I could see him in their system as well. Sean would have been a perfect fit in Iowa's defense.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Scout article teaser:

Cole Fisher says Iowa was the first school to offer him last October. He already attended the Hawkeyes Junior Day as well. "I like their defense," Fisher said. "I really like how they use their linebackers." Growing up, Fisher followed Nebraska, calling the Huskers "a dream school." He also says, "Nebraska is a huge program. I grew up watching them and it's been a dream to play for them..."

LINK

I think it is safe to say that he will not get an offer until he proves that the rehab on his ACL is going well.

I would agree with you, and I hope that it is going well. The rumor is he is the best athlete in the family (I think he may have another brother besides Sean). If he heals and we offer it would be great to have him.

• 3 months later...

I think it is safe to say that he will not get an offer until he proves that the rehab on his ACL is going well.

I would agree with you, and I hope that it is going well. The rumor is he is the best athlete in the family (I think he may have another brother besides Sean). If he heals and we offer it would be great to have him.

Is this the lastest anyone has heard about him?

Is this the lastest anyone has heard about him?

I'd say Neb and several other teams are waiting to see him out on the field again.