OLB Cole Fisher

huskers1

First post on this board, but this is good for Nebraska. I like the Fisher family, but from all accounts we have much much higher players on our board and unless he absolutely blows up his senior year, was not going to receive an offer from Nebraska.

Good for him that he is going to a good d-1 school, good for us we don't have to hear "will he or won't he get an offer" all through the year.

Welcome to the board. With that being said, I disagree. The best thing for Nebraska would have been for him to wait to decide until December or so. This would have given our coaches the chance to see if he has fully recovered from surgery and offer him if they were so inclined. This is all assuming that the coaches didn't flat out tell him that we weren't taking any more high school linebackers (again, assuming Santos is 'N').

Even if Santos isn't in, we still have several other lbers much much higher on our board then Cole. Cole would have been a nice walk-on (a real nice walk on) but sometimes our coaches get to a point and reach on prospects. I like the idea of not giving them the chance to reach on a prospect and having to work (which for the first time, they are working completely through the year) for what are better prospects.

First post on this board, but this is good for Nebraska. I like the Fisher family, but from all accounts we have much much higher players on our board and unless he absolutely blows up his senior year, was not going to receive an offer from Nebraska.

Good for him that he is going to a good d-1 school, good for us we don't have to hear "will he or won't he get an offer" all through the year.

Welcome to the board. With that being said, I disagree. The best thing for Nebraska would have been for him to wait to decide until December or so. This would have given our coaches the chance to see if he has fully recovered from surgery and offer him if they were so inclined. This is all assuming that the coaches didn't flat out tell him that we weren't taking any more high school linebackers (again, assuming Santos is 'N').

Even if Santos isn't in, we still have several other lbers much much higher on our board then Cole. Cole would have been a nice walk-on (a real nice walk on) but sometimes our coaches get to a point and reach on prospects. I like the idea of not giving them the chance to reach on a prospect and having to work (which for the first time, they are working completely through the year) for what are better prospects.

I've heard that Millard North's coaches liked Cole as a sophomore better than Sean. Now how much Cole's injury has slowed him down, I don't know. I do know that it has basically suspended his recruiting, leaving him stuck on two offers. If he continues to progress nicely post injury, his offer list likely would have exploded. Don't forget that Oklahoma offered Sean.

Labeling Cole as a reach is premature. I'm also not sure why you felt the need to include the bolded part.

Cole had alot of bad things going for him.

His metabolism is just like his brother. He tries to put on and maintain weight, but it is incredibly difficult for him. Because of this, he will likely never grow into a LB. While Cole has LB speed, he does not have safety like athleticism.

Sean at least had athleticism with a frame that you could hopefully mold. But even Sean has a hard time maintaining weight which affects his strength, and which is why he gets eaten alive in the run game.

While they have the metabolism we all wish we could have, they don't have one that is cherished by a D1 athlete. But still, at least they have nothing on Beau Davis. :)

Cole had alot of bad things going for him.

His metabolism is just like his brother. He tries to put on and maintain weight, but it is incredibly difficult for him. Because of this, he will likely never grow into a LB. While Cole has LB speed, he does not have safety like athleticism.

Sean at least had athleticism with a frame that you could hopefully mold. But even Sean has a hard time maintaining weight which affects his strength, and which is why he gets eaten alive in the run game.

While they have the metabolism we all wish we could have, they don't have one that is cherished by a D1 athlete. But still, at least they have nothing on Beau Davis. :)

During one of the PPV's they were talking about Fisher's diet, said he ate huge amounts, nearly 10,000 cals per day. Dude still looks more like a kicker than a LB. I can understand staff being hesitant about a smaller version.