That lightning picture is freakin amazing. There is nothing better than to sit out on the porch drinking a beer while watching it rain and lightning.

totally agree. some of my favorite memories of Nebraska (and some of the ones I miss the most) are the huge spring/fall storms where I sat in the garage with my dad and had the door open so we could watch the lightning/rain/etc come into town. So cool!!!!

As a kid was deathly afraid of thunderstorms. Now I absolutely enjoy them. I love to see the huge storms coming in and watching the lightning. Would actually like to storm chase sometime

Part of my job in the spring/summer is to follow dangerous storms that are in or around the city that I work in. Let me tell you, in the middle of the night, when you can't see $hit, until the lighting hits, it's scary as hell. I didn't see a funnel cloud until it was less than half a mile away and it was backlit by lighting. I about $hit my pants! Needless to say I gave that Crown Vic all she could handle to get the hell away from the thing and maintain a safe distance. :lol:

As a kid was deathly afraid of thunderstorms. Now I absolutely enjoy them. I love to see the huge storms coming in and watching the lightning. Would actually like to storm chase sometime

Storm Chasing would be a thrill and an adrenaline rush too. Besides that you'll get to visit places and see stuff that some people wouldn't get to see and experience.

Storm Chasing would be a thrill and an adrenaline rush too. Besides that you'll get to visit places and see stuff that some people wouldn't get to see and experience.

And maybe from above :ahhhhhhhh

I used to chase tornados when I was a teenager and into my early twenties while growing up in Nebraska.

Never saw one until I moved out here.

They actually had one last Thursday.

Speaking of seeing things at different angles, I once went to Tucson and drove up to the top of Mt. Lemon...stopped my Jeep to let it cool off at a scenic overlook, got out and saw lightening come from a cloud that was below me...

Strange looking.

I have to spot storms with the Volunteer Fire Deptartment. It can get pretty hairy at times. But ever since I could drive I would go out and find twisters. Here is one of the best pics I have. This is when we were leaving the motocross track one day.

post-4948-126434830879.jpg

That's an awesome picture!

Edited: Not sure what they do around the rest of the country but here in Oklahoma, they asked everyone who has a storm cellar or safe room to register them with the county emergency mgmt office. The premise being, if we have another twister ala May 3 1999 or May 8 2002, emergency personnel will know if A) there is a storm cellar and B) where to find it.

And maybe from above :ahhhhhhhh

I used to chase tornados when I was a teenager and into my early twenties while growing up in Nebraska.

Never saw one until I moved out here.

They actually had one last Thursday.

Speaking of seeing things at different angles, I once went to Tucson and drove up to the top of Mt. Lemon...stopped my Jeep to let it cool off at a scenic overlook, got out and saw lightening come from a cloud that was below me...

Strange looking.

Some buddies and I went fishing/drinking/camping up on MT Lemmon once and awoke to a nasty sleet storm. It was fun as heck getting back down since several of us had rode motorcycles up. We made the twisty ~20 miles back down and played golf that afternoon in 80 degree weather. Gotta love Tucson.