Your new Huskerboard mods

Just about everyone who was nominated was certainly qualified. What we looked for people were folks that had skill sets that we presently lacked. No doubt with this many nominations some were going to be left out. Please understand we did what we thought was best for all of us and most importantly our members.

Thanks for all the support and time you have given to this.

• Fire 1

knapplc

I'm from Fremont, NE. I met my wife at UNL, and we've lived in Lincoln most of our lives. I work as an Investigator - I even have a badge. I've been visiting HuskerBoard for about four years, two as a member.

Probably my first real memory as a Husker fan is being upset about having to play Oklahoma again in the 1979 Orange Bowl. I vividly remember the 1982 Penn State game and the 1983 Orange Bowl (and how proud I was of Tom for going for the win). I started liking other sports beside football in college, most notably the Volleyball team. I've been to more volleyball matches than football, basketball and baseball games combined. My favorite Husker memory is the 1990 Regional match vs. Penn State, where the crowd was so loud there was dust coming off the rafters. Recently I've been taking my daughter to the women's basketball games, and I'm pretty excited about this year's team.

I'm pretty Old School when it comes to Husker Football. I believe in the Blackshirts, running the ball, being able to pass competently and a strong kicking game, in that order. I believe Defense is the best part of football, and while I like the Husker offense, I wish they'd score quicker so my Blackshirts can get back on the field.

Zoogies

spent a part of my childhood in Lincoln where I guess I got passed down the Husker fever from my parents...really only became NU-aware and started following around '96 though, but haven't missed a beat since. I've been in California for a few years now and haven't ever gotten a chance to go to a game, but I catch all of them on radio or ESPN360 now that I can. I'm not sure why I follow Nebraska so obsessively since I barely remember living there, but hey, I was raised that way and can't see myself ever letting it go. Over the years my family's allegiances have shifted some to more regional schools, but I've only been more and more of a fan. Message boards have been very helpful in that regard - you hear about everything here, and that's why I can't stay away. I'm sort of being more balanced and appreciative of the other schools or professional squads that also happen to play Nebraska's game, and more realistic/grounded in my expectations of the program, but I'm still a bit of a homer at heart. so, yeah...that's about it.

I See Red People

My name is Joe. I was born 28 years ago and raised in Omaha, NE, where I currently live. My single older sibling, Dave, was born in Omaha, two years before I was. Dave has a successful career in computers and is primarily responsible for the computer knowledge that I have.

My Dad is a structural engineer and Mom has always worked at home. Growing up in their house was easy. They are great providers and made sure to raise us right. That included the fall Saturday tradition of Husker football, which in case you didn't know, is huge in Nebraska. I still remember going to my parents friends houses on Saturdays as a kid, not really understanding why everyone was making such a big deal of the game playing on the TV. I think I understand now what was such a big deal then. As I got older, I began looking forward to Saturdays in the fall more and more. I even got to go to a few home games with my Grandpa and my parents. Today, I am trying to pass this great tradition on to my children.

I married my wife Jennifer on April 16th, 2005. We have two children, Logan age 3, and Peyton 10 months old. They are all die hard huskers. My wife wasn't much of a husker fan until we met. Let's just say she has been fully converted. I have taken her to a few home games and plan on many more. Peyton attended the 08 Baylor game in utero, but I haven't otherwise gotten the kids to a game. They both have plenty of husker gear to wear on gamedays and my 3 year old throws the bones and watches the games with us. One day, it would be awesome to see my son passing along the great Husker tradition to his own kids.

Big Red Iowan

I'm honored to become part of the Huskerboard team and would love to be a mod for this great board that I spend alot of time on. I hope I do you and everyone involved a good job and look forward to working with you all more closely.

Brief bio of myself, grew up in Des Moines, IA on the southside of Des Moines, graduated from Lincoln High School and went on to get my bachelor's degree in business administration and graduated with honors, cum laude, in May 2008. You kinda know my work history, worked a little in the business world, but always knew what I wanted to do. I took the leap and was hired by the Sheriff's Office in November 2001 and eventually left there for the Police Department in December 2007. Was promoted to Sergeant in July 2009 and am currently in charge of the evening patrol officers.

I've been with my wife Sara since 1998, high school, and have been married to her since June 2004. She gave birth to our beautiful twin boys, Cael and Zach, in July 2009, good month with this and the promotion, and we've been running our butts off ever since.

My Husker story:

I grew up in a Hawkeye and Cyclone family, but it never felt "right" to me. I started really watching college football in the early 90's and was trying to find my own identity and team to root for. My entire family was shocked and upset when I chose to root for the Huskers, but they've since become used to the idea and support my passion. My wife has some family that lives just outside of Lincoln in Firth, NE and we stay at their house when we attend games. My wife has become a diehard Husker fan like me and that's saying alot considering she came from a diehard Hawkeye family as well. We now spend our time arguing with these Hawk fans about who owns who and I always refer them to our series record and last game that we played. I've been to probably 15 to 20 Husker games and look forward to many more. The Huskers have become part of my life and thankfully my wife understands my passion and puts up with it.

Again thanks for the opportunity and I'll do my best.

• Fire 1

DJR

Hey Husker Nation, my name is Dave. I am about 6 weeks shy of the big 3-0. Born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, a Husker fan since birth. Married my wife Nicole, a diehard Husker fan, in 2007, and just welcomed my first child, Caitlin, in July of 2009. I have been attending games since I was 16, with frequency picking up in the past 6-7 years since I was able to afford tickets. My wife and I have attended many games together, there for some joyous occasion, there for some heartbreak as well. One thing that has always been prevalent was meeting up with other great Husker fans and having a good time regardless. I have been a member of this board for over 5 years, joining at the suggestion of DaveH. I had not been one to really get involved on message boards and forums online, so as far as that goes I was a newbie. I immediately took to this message board, and became a mainstay. I have since then seen this board grow from its infancy to its current form. This board is very unique in the aspect that once you become a part of it, it is like you are part of a fraternity, not necessarily just a bunch of guys you share a common interest with. It's been a great experience for me, meeting several great people throughout the years and having a blast doing it. I look forward to being a part of this board for many years to come, and seeing this operation grow to the next level. Go Big Red!

Ar Husker Fan

My parents, having had a female child, were so traumatized as to wait 11 years before trying again. Fortunately for them, I was the result, bringing such joy to their lives that they believed that that the curse of my sister had lifted. Thus, my younger brother - who quickly convinced my parents that 1 out of 3 was the best they could hope for.

As an Air Force brat, I grew up all over, but we were stationed in Omaha when I discovered college football - and quickly came under the spell of the Huskers, which never abated. This was near the start of the Bobfather years. I can thank my father for my addiction - my favorite memories are sitting with him pulling for the Huskers. The Board quickly became my proxy to the Land of the Huskers.

After my father retired, we settled in Arkansas - something about living in the country or some such nonsense. A classic understatement, to say the least. Took me years before I could understand the lingo, and still can't speak it. Regardless, I have done my best to enlighten the knuckle-draggers, but, alas, they seem to be genetically predisposed to third-rate football in the land of the Hogs.

In addition to my winning disposition, I am unquestionably the best-looking of the group that comprises the Mods and Admins on HuskerBoard - a sorry looking lot if ever there was one. This has led to much jealousy on their part, but realizing that absent hundreds of thousands of dollars in plastic surgery they have no chance to compete, they have moderated their emotions. I now spend my time fixing the things on the Board that ETR breaks. So, I'm incredibly busy...

eliot1171

As you may have guessed, my name is Eliot. I am a 24 year old who considers myself a "Genetic Husker". I was born and raised in Doniphan, NE where I am at least a third generation fan of the Big Red. I know a lot of people say they are "the biggest Husker fan"; I'm sorry to say, but that goes to my Grandma. I would definitely say she got me hooked. I remember during televised games, she would have the TV in the living room and the TV in the Kitchen both tuned to the game. She would pace back and forth between the two the entire game with her headset radio tuned in as well. The thing I loved most is that she is never negative. She is the epitome of the "Best Fan in College Football".

I believe I was six when I attended my first game, but they have all just kind of blended together. After graduating High School, UNL was really my only choice. I was in the first cohort of students majoring in the Professional Golf Management. I attended school during some very dark times in modern Husker history, the Callahan error... I mean era. I have and always will wear Scarlet and Cream with pride.

After I graduated from UNL, I moved into the heart of Longhorn country. I currently live in Austin, TX and work as a Golf Professional at a private club. I love my job and the city I live in, but Nebraska will always be home. Now I settle for watching games on TV or going to any games in the area (Big 12 & Baylor this year). I have always been a collector of Husker memorabilia, and have been fortunate enough to have a Grandma who has been going to games for a while. I have pennants from the 70s, nearly ever copy of Husker Illustrated since they were first published, unopened whiskey decanters from the 71' championship, and many other treasures that I love to show off to these burnt orange fellows. Some day when I buy my own place, rest assured there will be one room reserved for Big Red.

I joined the board in 2006 and lurked for 3 years before that. I enjoy the conversation, stats, recruiting info, and insight that the many great members of this board contribute. I spend most of my time keeping an eye on the Audio/Video forum, but frequent all. I also like to help promote the board by creating highlight videos for many of the games. I don't have a lot of free time, but I'm always willing to help those who ask.

I know the Mods do a lot to help things run smoothly, but I am glad we have some very dedicated Admins who keep this machine alive and well. So, thanks to all the Admins, Mods, and all those that contribute to what many of us consider "home" on the web.

huskeraddict

I'm an 18 y.o. high school senior in Columbus, NE. I'll be attending UNL in the fall with hopes to major in business administration. I'm unsure what I want to do with that degree in the future.

I attended my first Husker football game on Sept. 18, 1999 when I was 7 years old. Huskers beat So. Mississippi 20-13. I was hooked ever since and have attended at least two games a year since 2006.

I joined the board before the 2006 season because I was looking for wallpapers and this was the only good, free Husker community I had found at that point. I became a board regular with the weekly highlight videos during the 2006 season (along with hawksker and eliot) and with my signatures and wallpapers. I joined the mod team sometime in 2007 and have enjoyed volunteering my services to the board, not only with moddding but with banners, signatures, and wallpapers for the community.

DaveH

I've always been a Husker fan. Born and raised in Omaha, Huskers were always at least on the radio on Saturdays in the fall. Made it to my first husker game when I was 8. Around 2003-2004 I was searching for a good place to talk huskers. I stumbled across Huskerboard using the google box and the rest is history. I've met some great people through Huskerboard and some have become my friends. I've also been able to trick some of my Husker fanatic friends and family to the board over the years

Nowadays I enjoy watching the games with my wife and friends whenever possible. In 2006-2007 DJR and I had season tickets, that was a blast. Too bad the guy who sold them to us backed out the next year . In 2009 I made it to the 300th sellout with my brother. It was killer watching the game from the club level

huskerguy

I'm a college student in Omaha, NE. I joined the board here (uhh I cant remember) haha I think possibly in 2005 but that seems like to long ago. I remember joining around the game week of a Texas Tech home game and I believe we played them at home in 2005 which is why I say that. I believe I found the site because I was interested in husker wallpapers and there was a husker wallpaper site linked with HB. So needless to say since I've been here one of my biggest interest has been making husker graphics (wallpapers, sigs, avatars...). Also I follow the recruiting section pretty close as well as just the general section.

As far as a fan my first game ever was TO's 200th win (I believe is was 200...) against Oklahoma in 1997 where it rained most of the game and then at the end there was a rainbow over the stadium. I went to a few games after that over the years and then in 2003 I started attending every home game. I have only missed a few games since 2003 (Southern Miss in 2004, K-State in 2007, and V-Tech in 2008) and I don't plan on missing many in the future.

Anyway thats pretty much me.. I'm younger than most you guys so I guess I don't have quite the Biography to tell haha.

Also if any of you guys ever need a signature/avatar or have a idea for a wallpaper you would like just let me know. I might not get it done right away but I will definitely do it for any of you guys (especially because I do it for pretty much any member as long as I have time).

edit: Holy crap I just looked over and it does say joined in 2005 wow thats crazy!

OhioPete

Born in Athens, Georgia, I moved to Omaha in 1977. From working at the Med Center, my Mother had season tickets so I generally got to go to a couple of games a year. Initially, it was just something to do on a couple of Saturdays in the Fall. It probably wasn't until the heart breaks of the 80s that I turned from casual fan to fanatic. Mention of the Our House game in 1986 can still bring a tear to my eye. Of course when we finally broke through in 1994, I was one of those guys running down Dodge Street giving high fives to the people stuck on their way to party at 72nd and Dodge. (I was not one of those guys who punched the horse or climbed the Crossroads sign.)

Since then, I went to school at Wash U in St. Louis, started working as a Programmer Analyst in Denver, and then got temporarily relocated to Columbus, Ohio. Thirteen years later I'm still in Columbus, settled down with a wife and kid (9 months) and a little Jack Russell terrier. Through it all, I've followed the Huskers, mostly from a far, getting back for games when I can.

I joined HuskerBoard a few years back because it was free and had the best recruiting info. The elevated level of discourse cinched it. I generally hang out in the Recruiting subforum but will occasionally pop in on some of the other subforums.

Here's to celebrating at 72nd and Dodge again soon. GBR!

Blackshirt

A vintage "Bornhusker". I have vivid memories of my parents crapping the cage during the classic '84 Orange Blow. While I was born into "the life" I'm also proud to say I never wavered. Those growing up in NE in the late 80's remember being an NU fan was not very "fashionable" at times, and I recall several "friends" showing up in FSU/Miami gear. And if they're reading this, I will never be your Facebook friend.

Graduated in 2000 from THE UNL with MIS degree, after some of the most memorable years I've logged, and a chance friendship with some punk kid from New Jersey, to be later anointed ETR. We spent many days/nights/early mornings on his porch on 20th & Vine, tossing the FB, grilling, and BS'ing with skers fans as they stumbled by after an NU victory. You might say that was the conception of Huskerboard, our very own Husker love-child.

Defected from the motherland after college to the most schizo CF region I can imagine; Kansas City - to work for Sprint (I did not break your phone and can not fix it). You know that annoying KSU, KU, or MU fan you have in your office you want to speed bag? Imagine being surrounded by them, and listening to their blathering back & forth all day everyday. They all hate each other, and somehow have enough hatesuck left-over to hate NU even more harder. All this during our "rock bottom rehab" years. Paradise.

Actually KC was pretty fun, and there are a tractor-load of skers down there, so that made it tolerable on Saturdays. Made some good KU & MU friends (still trying to think of a KSU friend..), but after 6 years in the same pair of stainless khakis & a cube with plastic windows I was ready to go now.

Moved back to mecca, where I now live in Papillion with 1 dog Wrigley, ages 1.5; and operate a business that keeps me extremely busy, but much more content.

Most of you reading this are probably wondering who the F I am, and rightfully so. In short, all I do is pay the bills and boss ETR around (he does the same to me). Needless to say this board wouldn't still be "a board" at all let alone "the husker board" if it weren't for all of our incredible mods & admins who stepped up the past few yrs.

Thanks to all of our great members as well - I often run into people who use the board and most all say Huskerboard is one of the most respectful and interesting forums on the wonderweb - so thanks for being a big part of what makes Husker Nation truly the greatest fan base in CF - and let's try to keep it that way for a long time.

GBR

Chad

newearthhusker

35 year old, married, father of 3 (9, 6, 4 – Girl, Boy, Girl) and we have a 4 year old Saint Bernard (Girl). Born and raised in Southwest Iowa moved to Omaha in 2001 and have been here since. I grew up in a house divided between Husker and Hawkeye fans. My dad and 3 sisters were for the Hawks while my mom and 2 brothers were for the Big Red (that is 5 siblings and I’m the youngest). That being said I was on the fence most of my childhood (watching them both) until I finally stepped foot inside Memorial Stadium and everything changed. I had been to numerous Iowa games but they were nothing compared to The Sea of Red and that alone pushed more over from the middle to the Big Red side.

I work for a company in LaVista, that even though we own 85-90% of the Domestic market in our respective field (hematology controls) not very many people know it even exists. I have worked here since our move in 2001 and I also occasionally pick up a few hours at a local Electronics/Furniture Mega Store as well.