Adrian Fiala out of broadcast booth

I never listen to the football games on the radio, unless I absolutely have to. But I'll miss him.

I hope he'll still be doing the baseball games.

I used to listen to the radio while watching the game on tv, but Janet and Justin f'd that all up for us dedhoarse .

its a lil more effort than one should have to go through to do so, but with my DVR i can stop the game as needed to make the radio broadcast sync up. There seems to be just as big of cushion on the radio side, they just time it out differently with breaks and stuff. It seems to work good enough for me, and I rarely listen to the TV broadcasts.

I'm not really too torn up about this.

The broadcast booth seemed crowded at times. There was no clear cut pecking order.

Fiala and Davison were always stepping on each others commentary which made the broadcasts a confusing mess to listen to. By the time the obligatory 'go aheads' were exchanged so each man could get their points out uninterrupted, usually putting Sharpe in the akward situation to either to cut them off or miss the next play on the field.

With this change, it should be a cleaner, more professional broadcast.

I never listen to the football games on the radio, unless I absolutely have to. But I'll miss him.

I hope not. NEVER been an Adrian fan.. Nice guy, but just doesn't have it anymore.. And I'm too young to know when he did have it.... Hopefully he'll retire soon and won't be doing anything for NET either... Baseball is something I actually HAVE to listen to the radio for sometimes and i def don't need to hear him...

this was due. I respect the man, and appreciate what he has done, but like has been mentioned he just really isn't that crisp and insightful. This year on Big Red Wrap-up he really did start to get difficult to watch, he would make a comment or incomplete thought and Kevin would have to try and mend the mistake...

Matt does need some work as well, but he does a decent job and will only get better (until he turns 55)

I used to listen to the radio while watching the game on tv, but Janet and Justin f'd that all up for us dedhoarse .

its a lil more effort than one should have to go through to do so, but with my DVR i can stop the game as needed to make the radio broadcast sync up. There seems to be just as big of cushion on the radio side, they just time it out differently with breaks and stuff. It seems to work good enough for me, and I rarely listen to the TV broadcasts.

Sounds like a good fix. What's a DVR. No :sarcasm either. I'm just not a technology guy. Is that the thing you can watch cd's in?

this was due. I respect the man, and appreciate what he has done, but like has been mentioned he just really isn't that crisp and insightful. This year on Big Red Wrap-up he really did start to get difficult to watch, he would make a comment or incomplete thought and Kevin would have to try and mend the mistake...

Matt does need some work as well, but he does a decent job and will only get better (until he turns 55)

Completely agree regarding Fiala. He made Big Red Wrap Up almost unwatchable this past season. I'm sorry to hear that he'll be keeping that gig. I rarely listen to the radio broadcasts so I don't really have an opinion on that side of it.

Regarding Davison, I can see how some people find him annoying. I haven't heard him much on radio broadcasts, but I've seen him on Big Red Wrap Up a few times. I value his insight and analysis much more than Fiala's. Davison seems to be more honest and his analysis more relevant (although he does seem to be kind of a douche). Fiala seemed to just chime in for the sole purpose of chiming in and rarely added anything to the analysis, and often, did not flow with the rest of the guys. Seems like a stand up guy, but his time was up. Sorry.

Completely agree regarding Fiala. He made Big Red Wrap Up almost unwatchable this past season.

What made Big Red Wrap-Up unwatchable was Kevin Kugler going all “gitty little school girl” every time Joey Ganz was on set. He would stutter, get red in the face, and giggle all the time, it was very annoying. That made the show unwatchable. :ahhhhhhhh

If they ever dump Adrian off of Wrap-Up they need to get Damon Benning in his place. That dude is money. :woo

I hope there is something in Davison’s contract that now that he is the only color guy he can no longer do those painfully bad Cox Cable commercials. That one where he had his jersey on was terrible. :bang

If they ever dump Adrian off of Wrap-Up they need to get Damon Benning in his place. That dude is money. :woo

I'm not a big smiley guy, but in this case ...........

:yeah

I love me some Damon Benning! Now there's a guy that gives some insightful analysis on things Husker. I'm always interested to get his take on things. That said, it may be tough to get him on the show full-time considering his gig as the head football coach at Omaha Northwest. Nice thought though!