(Not so good) memories from Signing Day

ESPY

As the story goes, then-Nebraska linebackers coach Kevin Steele spent the night before national signing day playing cards with Frazier’s mother in her Florida home.

And as another story goes, then-defensive coordinator Lance Van Zandt hid out with Gill at the quarterback’s friend’s house while Sooner coaches waited for Gill to return home.

Don’t doubt what a game of cards or a game of Hide-from-Switzer might do to a program.

I laughed so hard for it being this early in the morning at both of these stories.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

I really think Travis Lewis would have been a total beast in Bo's system.

:yeah

Its ashame the kid didnt look past the foreseeable future and realize that we were going to fire Billy C and hire Bo Pelini and the mad man that is Coach Ekeler. :)

yeah.gif

Its ashame the kid didnt look past the foreseeable future and realize that we were going to fire Billy C and hire Bo Pelini and the mad man that is Coach Ekeler. smile.gif

Is my memory deceiving me or were we looking at Lewis as an offensive back? I know he played both LB and RB, but I seem to remember him being mentioned as a fullback or something. Anyways, the 2008 Big XII Defensive Freshman of the year would have been a nice get.

yeah.gif

Its ashame the kid didnt look past the foreseeable future and realize that we were going to fire Billy C and hire Bo Pelini and the mad man that is Coach Ekeler. smile.gif

Is my memory deceiving me or were we looking at Lewis as an offensive back? I know he played both LB and RB, but I seem to remember him being mentioned as a fullback or something. Anyways, the 2008 Big XII Defensive Freshman of the year would have been a nice get.

We recruited him as a LB. He said he wanted the opportunity at RB, which OU said they'd give him.

yeah.gif

We recruited him as a LB. He said he wanted the opportunity at RB, which OU said they'd give him.

Ahhh...I see. I knew that the RB factor was inthere somewhere. I wonder how much of an "opportunity" OU really gave him and if he still wishes that he was playing that position.

Ngata to Oregon stung. I know it wasn't a last minute switch, but losing Carl Crawford to MLB probably doomed Frank. Had he come to campus, he would've been an athletic freak, and Lord could've been moved to RB or even defense.

Forget the kids name but the boxer/QB that chose to be a safety at Notre Dame rather then a QB at Nebraska.

O'Dell James choosing Baylor over Nebraska

Ngata to Oregon stung. I know it wasn't a last minute switch, but losing Carl Crawford to MLB probably doomed Frank. Had he come to campus, he would've been an athletic freak, and Lord could've been moved to RB or even defense.

Forget the kids name but the boxer/QB that chose to be a safety at Notre Dame rather then a QB at Nebraska.

O'Dell James choosing Baylor over Nebraska

Tom Zybykowski (SP)