Rank EM! The Voice's of the Huskers

We've had some great audio moments in Nebraska football history. How do you rank the men who brought them to us over the radio waves?

Here is my poll.

1. Lyle Bremser - The legend was gone before my time but looking at Nebraska football history and listening to vintage clips tells me all I need to know about this broadcasting immortal!

2. Greg Sharpe - I really enjoy the current voice of Nebraska football, I think he does a great job! He is always spot on and his voice is a perfect balance between intensity and excitement coupled with professionalism and composure.

3. Kent Pavelka - A fiery and emotional broadcaster who's voice still brings us Nebraska men's hoops. Kent's 95 Orange Bowl call was simply amazing. Hearing it still makes my spine tingle!! You know he bleeds Nebraska red!

4. Warren Swain - An outsider and you could really tell. To me his enthusiasm often seemed fake. He usually did a fair job of conveying what was going on in the game, but to me he was an obvious "poser".

5. Jim Rose - I find it hard to say anything good about the time Jim Rose spent as the voice of Nebraska football. I think the greatest announcement I ever heard him make was that he wouldn't be returning as the voice of Nebraska. Constantly butchering names, losing track of field position and time, offering idiotic personal commentary, saying "check that" no less than 53 times a broadcast. Not to mention dubbing Nebraska's Veterans Memorial Stadium and Tom Osborne field with one of the most retarded, childish, bafoon nicknames of all time.. "Ole Grandma" Jim Rose ranks dead last for me

So how do you take your broadcasters Huskerboard?!!!!

For me the list begins and ends with Lyell Bremser. The man was a pure talent, from the golden days of radio, and he did a superior job. He was wonderful, and I'm very sad that we'll likely never find a replacement for him.

Kent Pavelka was adequate to me, and frankly I haven't listened to Greg Sharpe since we're always on TV now. Warren Swain was, as you said, a poser, and Jim Rose was frustrating to listen to.

We've had some great audio moments in Nebraska football history. How do you rank the men who brought them to us over the radio waves?

Here is my poll.

1. Lyle Bremser

2. Greg Sharpe

3. Kent Pavelka

4. Warren Swain

5. Jim Rose ]

I can't disagree with this list. I never got to hear Bresmer, but I understand how closely associated with the program that he is. Sharpe is really good on the mic. Swain and Rose were below average to mediocre.

Here is my poll.

1. Lyle Bremser - The legend was gone before my time but looking at Nebraska football history and listening to vintage clips tells me all I need to know about this broadcasting immortal!

2. Greg Sharpe - I really enjoy the current voice of Nebraska football, I think he does a great job! He is always spot on and his voice is a perfect balance between intensity and excitement coupled with professionalism and composure.

3. Kent Pavelka - A fiery and emotional broadcaster who's voice still brings us Nebraska men's hoops. Kent's 95 Orange Bowl call was simply amazing. Hearing it still makes my spine tingle!! You know he bleeds Nebraska red!

4. Warren Swain - An outsider and you could really tell. To me his enthusiasm often seemed fake. He usually did a fair job of conveying what was going on in the game, but to me he was an obvious "poser".

5. Jim Rose - I find it hard to say anything good about the time Jim Rose spent as the voice of Nebraska football. I think the greatest announcement I ever heard him make was that he wouldn't be returning as the voice of Nebraska. Constantly butchering names, losing track of field position and time, offering idiotic personal commentary, saying "check that" no less than 53 times a broadcast. Not to mention dubbing Nebraska's Veterans Memorial Stadium and Tom Osborne field with one of the most retarded, childish, bafoon nicknames of all time.. "Ole Grandma" Jim Rose ranks dead last for me

So how do you take your broadcasters Huskerboard?!!!!

I would say your list is pretty dang accurate in my eyes. I am a little partial to Kent Pavelka, from the fact that he is the one who I grew up listening to. I have heard Greg Sharpe has been doing a nice job though in recent years.

I listened to a bit of Warren Swain, I believe, but that was before I really paid attention to who was doing the broadcast. When I started really following the radio broadcasts, it was Jim Rose. So maybe that's why I'm fond of listening to him, but I don't know. The excitement and energy he brought to the broadcasts was infectious. It brought the games to life for me and always had me on the edge of my seat.

I think Sharpe does a quality job. Just a bit more boring and standard - nothing wrong with that. I just liked Rose a lot, especially with some of his colorful descriptions.

• Fire 1

"Man, woman, and chile..." Lyle is tops.

"Look at Tommie Frazier, how many tackles can one man break..." "Touch down, touch down, touch down... Tommie Frazzzziieer!!!!" Pavelka is a close second.

We so need to get our own TV contract complete with 'homer' announcers.

T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers

I remember back in the day when the radio announcers were what you relied on to get the broadcast. Not as many games on tv in those days. While I liked the deliveries of Bremser and Pavelka best, all I really needed was accuracy. Nothing was more disturbing to me than, in a tight game, the announcer saying that the K-State qb's pass was "intercepted by Nebraska" only to change his call to "no, the pass is complete, touchdown KSU." And that happened a lot. :yeah

1. Lyle Bremser Was the best even though at the end you had know idea where the ball was.

1a. Jack Payne Had a great voice and went on to do UNO games (I beleive) after they went to one radio stations rights.

2. Kent Pavelka - though I think Saddlemeyer was the more important part of the team.

3.Greg Sharpe havent really listened to him but snippets.

4.Warren Swain - He was ok but not earth shaking.

100. Jim Rose- Could not listen to this fool unless I had no other choice. Stopped listening to pregame just because of him.

• Fire 1

1.) Lyell Bremser - Always the consummate professional, the gold standard of Husker football who was able to paint a picture of what was happening on the field. A true radio man.

2.) Kent Pavelka - The unabashed "homer" and didn't make any bones about it. Nebraska's Harry Carey. Celebrated the wins with Husker fans and suffered the losses also.

3.) Greg Sharpe - Adequate, still trying to find his niche. His broadcasts are always professional. Maybe with a two-man booth, he will be able to shine.

4.) Warren Swain - In another time he may have been the voice of Husker football, but he ended up as collateral damage from the Paul Aaron/Pavelka feud. From the Husker fans standpoint, he was no Kent Pavelka.

5.) Jim Rose - The only Husker broadcaster with a full head of hair. He made a point to be everything not Kent. His downfall was pi$ing down Husker fans' back and then telling them it was raining. After spending weeks during the Callahan/Cosgrove debacle toeing the company line, he finally resigned in disgrace after he even couldn't believe the crap he was shoveling out.

I really liked Kent Pavelka and wished that he would stop doing the Basketball games and return to announcing the Football games, nothing against Greg Sharpe. I really like Greg Sharpe and I think he does a really good and professional job as our current gameday announcer. Greg Sharpe brings in that energy that Rose left behind and I think he has more of that energy too. I don't know much about Lyle Bremser because that was way before my time and the only audio clip I've heard of his is from Johnny Rodgers punt return against OU.

I didn't mind Jim Rose and why I liked him was basically his energy that he brought into the booth on Saturdays. He really got you into the game with his excitement during big plays and/or hits throughout the game. Do I miss him, no not really because again I think Greg Sharpe in doing any outstanding job right now. I really like the sound bite of Greg Sharpe in this video clip and gives me chills everytime I hear not just because of the audio clip but because I wasn't actually at that game.