RB Tevin Williams

Nexus

He might be taking a visit to KU in the near future (per rivals)....Gill's working hard early. Rivals also says his father lists out the top schools that he's considering (I'll post that info when I get home and on my personal computer - can't remember my log-in info).

coming for a visit this month............

Looking at the video, he needs to work on his top speed. He's very much a downhill runner, unable to accelerate quickly off cuts, he also lacks the agility to make a clean cut at higher speeds. He seems to be able to use his blockers well, but I'm not sure if he will be able to adjust to the speed of the game at the next level. I think he has his work cut out for him. I'd give him a 3star rating. Honestly, I think his stock will profit on how good his blocking was. He had lanes to work with everytime, but was unable to hit the next gear and elude the defense. If he is more of a power back then he needs to add some muscle and strength and go that route. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree

This kid is the REAL DEAL!!! I look this kid up and he is a two sport star. He went to state in track and ran 10.58 at a district meet last year and 10.8 at T.C.U. meet two months later. The highlight tape don't show all the skills this kid have but if you go to 08 season.This kid play against eight top ranked teams and had he way against TOP ranked teams. His coach don't believe in showing the other team up so he just plays until halftime in most games(two in 08,one in 09 ), Just when most running backs hit that next gear.Also look at the runs most are in the 30-35 yds out against TOP teams with D1 recruits. So you want out run most of them.So he plays against faster teams. That's what the scouts see. His 09 season slowed due to injuries but only one full game but aveage 115 yds per game.Trinity style is power football so running back are told. If run a 4.4 we need a 4.6. So the big hawgs can set up the blocks.I could talk about this all day this but I will say....Tevin Williams is the REAL DEAL...4-stars with an upside... It would be a real treat to see him and Green,or Brown, or Brandon Williams team up and bring the real tradition of huskers football back...Run baby Run

Looking at the video, he needs to work on his top speed. He's very much a downhill runner, unable to accelerate quickly off cuts, he also lacks the agility to make a clean cut at higher speeds. He seems to be able to use his blockers well, but I'm not sure if he will be able to adjust to the speed of the game at the next level. I think he has his work cut out for him. I'd give him a 3star rating. Honestly, I think his stock will profit on how good his blocking was. He had lanes to work with everytime, but was unable to hit the next gear and elude the defense. If he is more of a power back then he needs to add some muscle and strength and go that route. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree

This kid is the REAL DEAL!!! I look this kid up and he is a two sport star. He went to state in track and ran 10.58 at a district meet last year and 10.8 at T.C.U. meet two months later. The highlight tape don't show all the skills this kid have but if you go to 08 season.This kid play against eight top ranked teams and had he way against TOP ranked teams. His coach don't believe in showing the other team up so he just plays until halftime in most games(two in 08,one in 09 ), Just when most running backs hit that next gear.Also look at the runs most are in the 30-35 yds out against TOP teams with D1 recruits. So you want out run most of them.So he plays against faster teams. That's what the scouts see. His 09 season slowed due to injuries but only one full game but aveage 115 yds per game.Trinity style is power football so running back are told. If run a 4.4 we need a 4.6. So the big hawgs can set up the blocks.I could talk about this all day this but I will say....Tevin Williams is the REAL DEAL...4-stars with an upside... It would be a real treat to see him and Green,or Brown, or Brandon Williams team up and bring the real tradition of huskers football back...Run baby Run

You seem to know quite a bit about him. A bunch of things that you really couldnt find anywhere unless you were close to him or the Trinity program.

I am going to wait to believe all of that until I hear it from somewhere else. Not only is this your first post, but you pretty much sound like a familiar poster around the internet...

• 3 weeks later...

he looks like Tray too

if he's like like tray robinson, i would take him!! i was very impressed with how tray played last season as a TRUE freshman in his given situation (minus the fumbles). i'm not saying williams is gonna have early successes like tray IF he gets an offer and eventually signs. but this kid comes from a good a HS program that prepares their players to play big time college football. its too early to look past williams based on junior year highlights...just MO.

• 6 months later...

I'm not an "insider" in any sense of the word ... simply a fan.

As I've followed recruiting, atleast at RB, it seems we want Green and from the Standard thread it appeared that we would slow play Standard as we really didn't need anyone else at RB. Standard seemed high on the Huskers with those he knew well following the Husker program ... it seemed like he would fit well.

Now it appears that this Tevin Williams is quite the steal. Just wondering by our "insiders" how our board looks at RB for recruiting? Is Tevin and/or another another RB we are gearing for that is higher on our board then Standard?

It seemed that those who discounted Standard committing to Iowa State as no big deal ... we didn't want/need him and had other fish in the pond. I think some said we were so talented at RB that we didn't need anyone other then Green and should use the scholarship at another position. So now I'm wondering why the excitement over this guy? Is he so talented he is worth a second RB scholarship after we get Green and worth taking away from another position of need?

I have no "battles" to fight here ... I'm posting the comments above off of memory of things I've read in threads.

In the end, just wondering how that board looks at RB after Green (hoping that doesn't fall thru). Any input will be read ... that I shall ensure!

SheepdogMark

I'm not an "insider" in any sense of the word ... simply a fan.

As I've followed recruiting, atleast at RB, it seems we want Green and from the Standard thread it appeared that we would slow play Standard as we really didn't need anyone else at RB. Standard seemed high on the Huskers with those he knew well following the Husker program ... it seemed like he would fit well.

Now it appears that this Tevin Williams is quite the steal. Just wondering by our "insiders" how our board looks at RB for recruiting? Is Tevin and/or another another RB we are gearing for that is higher on our board then Standard?

It seemed that those who discounted Standard committing to Iowa State as no big deal ... we didn't want/need him and had other fish in the pond. I think some said we were so talented at RB that we didn't need anyone other then Green and should use the scholarship at another position. So now I'm wondering why the excitement over this guy? Is he so talented he is worth a second RB scholarship after we get Green and worth taking away from another position of need?

I have no "battles" to fight here ... I'm posting the comments above off of memory of things I've read in threads.

In the end, just wondering how that board looks at RB after Green (hoping that doesn't fall thru). Any input will be read ... that I shall ensure!

SheepdogMark

Just because a kid is listed as a running back doesn't mean he won't play a different position.

Rivals listed Martinez as an Athlete/Safety. Prince Amukamara as a RB/ATH.

The staff is recruiting kids with physical tools that can be used in a variety of positions. I see him being moved to the defense.

6'0 191 4.41 40.

That's almost the same measurements that all our safety/db's have. Everything I've heard from people in the program was the staff is looking at him as a defensive prospect with nasty physical tools.

Look for the staff to put 10-15 lbs on him and he'll be a great CB / Safety.

Tevin Williams committed to UT didn't he? As a DB?

Standard was and is still plan b. If we want him, he is ours. That simple. But the coaches are fairly confident that plan A will work out. I use fairly pretty loosely as well. ;)

EZ, so when you say he is ours when we want him, he is plan B ... are we saying we can make him uncommit from Iowa State?

This is where Tevin was confusing me, some were saying we didn't need Standard, then I saw some were hot on this guy. I assumed RB since that was how people were talking about him.

From what I know Standard is off the board.

So what do we see at RB and in what order. Who are we looking at after Green, since it isn't Standard or Tevin?

Just a clueless fan,

SheepdogMark

Tevin Williams committed to UT didn't he? As a DB?

Standard was and is still plan b. If we want him, he is ours. That simple. But the coaches are fairly confident that plan A will work out. I use fairly pretty loosely as well. ;)

EZ, so when you say he is ours when we want him, he is plan B ... are we saying we can make him uncommit from Iowa State?

This is where Tevin was confusing me, some were saying we didn't need Standard, then I saw some were hot on this guy. I assumed RB since that was how people were talking about him.

From what I know Standard is off the board.

So what do we see at RB and in what order. Who are we looking at after Green, since it isn't Standard or Tevin?

Just a clueless fan,

SheepdogMark

Might not take another Back this class since we have heard joining the roster in the Winter. From everything I've heard around the ath dept. Heard is on track to qualify to start this winter. After this season we will have 6 IBacks on the roster. Assuming everything is a go with Heard and we get Green, that's 8 backs on scholly.

Do we need anymore than that is the question?