Zac Lee Rehab

Silly old me, but when you have an injury, it normally hurts when you try to use that injured area. My guess is that Zac felt quite a bit of pain everytime he threw the ball or used it to defend himself during a game. Taking that into consideration, I feel he gave a tremendous amount to the team, that none of us were aware of, never whining, quitting or looking for sympathy. To me that shows leadership. Knowing that the others were not ready, and I seriously doubt the so called front runner ever will be, he took it for the team. Lamblasted by everyone for his poor display in games. Then after he does these things some call him selfish and ridicule him. Got to be great to be a Husker player sometimes.

He came up a few notches in my mind. I was not impressed that he was going to be our starter this year, but his loyalty and play through it for the team has impressed me. I hope he starts next year and has a fantastic season. He deserves it. If we have another starter next year my guess is that it will be Martinez. I have doubts that Green will ever be the starting QB for Nebraska. I just do not see this talent that some do. Hope I am wrong.

Skersfan:

Thanks for giving me a perspective I had not thought of prior to your post --- indeed Zac Lee should be viewed as quite the team guy --- as you point out, he played hurt because he knew it was best for the team as no one else was yet ready --- and he took the heat and never complained or gave up. Kudos to lee --- I really hope he is healthy and has a great year next year and leaves as a Husker hero. So far, i really really like him and what you pointed out has even further caused me to appreciate the kids heart. We as Husker fans need to really cheer this kid on.

not trying to be rude, but who cares if he is back in time for Spring Ball... I dont think even a "healthy" Lee is going to beat out Green and Spano. While I want to believe

Lee was hampered with injury, the fact that he kept playing on it and not saying anything to the coaches proves that he is the "selfish" type as opposed to the players

who puts team (Suh is a fine example of such a player) before self. I hope Lee is recovering, but I dont think his absence is going to hurt our offense any. <_<

What makes you think the coaches didn't know he was hurt? Sounded to me like it was pretty common knowledge amongst the staff, they just didn't make a big deal out of it. It's not like we had options - unless Lee's arm was laying on the ground, he was going to play. Green wasn't ready and Washington was less ready than Green.

I just don't get this character assassination of this guy. Care to fill me in?

Didn't you know the second coming of Tim Tebow was unfairly behind Zac Lee on the depth chart? :sarcasm

It would definitely be nice to know if they think he'll be participating in Spring Ball in any way.

not trying to be rude, but who cares if he is back in time for Spring Ball... I dont think even a "healthy" Lee is going to beat out Green and Spano. While I want to believe

Lee was hampered with injury, the fact that he kept playing on it and not saying anything to the coaches proves that he is the "selfish" type as opposed to the players

who puts team (Suh is a fine example of such a player) before self. I hope Lee is recovering, but I dont think his absence is going to hurt our offense any. <_<

Where have you seen Spano play to know that he is better than Zac? Where do these ideas come from in yours or anyone elses mind? I to hope that he is recovering and that he is able to practice again both in the spring and fall. Not sure he will start either, but from what we have seen, he has as good a chance as anyone. Open up the competition and lets see where we are come game day on September 4th!

Also, do you or anyone else who is spewing it about any current player ever think what your venom does for players that are looking to come here? I would imagine that most of them read a lot of this stuff, and for having the best fan base you wouldn't know it most of the time in threads like this one. Be supportive and hope for the best from all players. I am fine also if you express that one QB is better than the other, but it doesn't mean that you have to rip the other to make your point. Sorry, done ranting! :rant

• Fire 2

I can't find the clip on youtube, but I hope his surgery didn't go like the Family Guy episode where they rebuild Peter but don't want to spend a lot of money and he becomes the "One Million Dollar Man."

six_million_dollar_man.jpg

Didn't that used to be domeones old avatar?

I believe so. And I think it was the animated gif of him running. Don't recall the name though. Good memory :thumbs

Zac did as good a job as could be expected with the now known injury and the health and depth of the oline last year. I expect he will have a better season if his arm stays healthy and the line play improves greatly like I expect. I agree spring ball will be interesting for the QB job and we may not know the starter till right before the 1st game.

• Fire 1

Silly old me, but when you have an injury, it normally hurts when you try to use that injured area. My guess is that Zac felt quite a bit of pain everytime he threw the ball or used it to defend himself during a game. Taking that into consideration, I feel he gave a tremendous amount to the team, that none of us were aware of, never whining, quitting or looking for sympathy. To me that shows leadership. Knowing that the others were not ready, and I seriously doubt the so called front runner ever will be, he took it for the team. Lamblasted by everyone for his poor display in games. Then after he does these things some call him selfish and ridicule him. Got to be great to be a Husker player sometimes.

He came up a few notches in my mind. I was not impressed that he was going to be our starter this year, but his loyalty and play through it for the team has impressed me. I hope he starts next year and has a fantastic season. He deserves it. If we have another starter next year my guess is that it will be Martinez. I have doubts that Green will ever be the starting QB for Nebraska. I just do not see this talent that some do. Hope I am wrong.

A quick thought just came to mind. What if Lee sat out the Baylor game because of his injury? What if the real reason Green started that game & the OU game was because Lee needed to regain some strength after two straight rough games vs TxTech & ISU? Considering how hard TT hit him & how ISU rattled our cages with that upset, whose to say the coaches thought Lee was beginning to succumb to the pain? Just saying...

Skersfan:

Thanks for giving me a perspective I had not thought of prior to your post --- indeed Zac Lee should be viewed as quite the team guy --- as you point out, he played hurt because he knew it was best for the team as no one else was yet ready --- and he took the heat and never complained or gave up. Kudos to lee --- I really hope he is healthy and has a great year next year and leaves as a Husker hero. So far, i really really like him and what you pointed out has even further caused me to appreciate the kids heart. We as Husker fans need to really cheer this kid on.

It's actually a little to scary to think about how helpless we would have been without Lee this year. It will definitely be a fun offseason/fall camp if Lee does come back 100%, because we never really got a chance to see him at full capacity this year. By the time he started to get meaningful experience he was hampered by an injury on his throwing arm.

He managed the game well, got great experience, and hopefully next year he will have a decent line and some chemistry with the WR's. 2010 could be a great year for our offense. :koolaid2:

Can't believe I fell for that... :facepalm:

And that's why negative rep is so glorious!

Some of you may end up being surprised with who is the starter next year. Green seemed to actually get worse as the season went on and we still have no idea just how good Spano or any other quarterback is, other than Lee. Quarterbacks under Watson seem to shine during their senior seasons. Call me crazy, but I'm expecting Lee to have a somewhat Ganz-ish type season this upcoming year.

Granted, most probably think Green is the favorite to win it, but I'm not buying into that just yet. I think Lee has a real good shot to keep the starting job and be a much better QB in 2010.