RB Robert Standard

Just watched his Sophomore highlights and the kid is quite good. A real balanced runner with good speed. I was impressed with his patience in the backfield on hand-offs up the middle. He gave the O-line time to create holes for him to burst through instead of just mindlessly running forward. He seems to have great field vision too. He's pretty tough for his size and doesn't fall down too easy when tackled. His bursts up the middle are fun to watch, but he can also run outside too. Whenever he does get outside, he gets there quickly and then turns up the field with good acceleration. His acceleration reminds me of Braylon Heard.

I imagine his Junior highlights will show a more mature player, but so far no film exists yet. But the Sophomore highlights showed that he can ball. I like the fact that he's under the radar at the moment. He's not listed on Rivals 250 Watch List or Scout 150, yet the kid's 2 year stats are ridiculous.

Nebraska would be lucky to have this kid. As a fan, I'd be thrilled to see him in Scarlet & Cream.

HI is reporting that Standard was "blown away" by KU's junior day. His parent's came along as well and his father was so impressed that he put KU at the top of his list. Standard says he won't put out his top list yet, but said KU was around the the top. We'll need to have a badass junior day and show him what a real atmosphere is all about. He also mentioned that he loved the coaches and how the whole stadium was....whatever color the gayhawks are. anyway, he's pretty high on them. we need to turn this around. he is still planning on visiting us at the end of the month for our junior day

HI is reporting that Standard was "blown away" by KU's junior day. His parent's came along as well and his father was so impressed that he put KU at the top of his list. Standard says he won't put out his top list yet, but said KU was around the the top. We'll need to have a badass junior day and show him what a real atmosphere is all about. He also mentioned that he loved the coaches and how the whole stadium was....whatever color the gayhawks are. anyway, he's pretty high on them. we need to turn this around. he is still planning on visiting us at the end of the month for our junior day

It was more fun to diss on KU when the manginobeast was there. This is a tough situation. Why does Gill have to be so likable and cool?!

I still feel pretty confident about Mr. Standard. Turner is gonna be tough to recruit against :(. But I Bolieve.

• 2 weeks later...

both rivals and scout have teasers about standard really enjoying junior day at NU. can anyone with a subscription to either site give some more info. thanks.

Basically said it was what he expected of it. Great facilities, great coaches, the history and tradition of the school. Also mentioned that he loves red & white since he thinks he looks good in those colors (his HS team is also red & white). Doesn't want to reveal who his favorite is yet because he plans on visiting more schools.

both rivals and scout have teasers about standard really enjoying junior day at NU. can anyone with a subscription to either site give some more info. thanks.

Basically said it was what he expected of it. Great facilities, great coaches, the history and tradition of the school. Also mentioned that he loves red & white since he thinks he looks good in those colors (his HS team is also red & white). Doesn't want to reveal who his favorite is yet because he plans on visiting more schools.

good deal, thanks nexus!

good deal, thanks nexus!

:thumbs

good deal, thanks nexus!

:thumbs

Is there any free film on this guy? Would love to see him in action.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this guy?

No new updates on Robert but at this point in my opinion I would say that we are probably his favorite. When he visited Lincoln for our junior days he was really impressed with the facilities, coaches, players lounge, etc. He also grew up watching the Huskers and there are several family members who are Husker fans.