RB Robert Standard

• 5 weeks later...

I wouldn't say this is a huge miss. I too want Green, but I also have high hopes for Braylon Heard (assuming things go as planned and he makes it here for spring ball). For what this offense is becoming, we really need a couple GOOD RB's joining our team this year.

One thing that is obvious -

Depth Chart:

1a.Helu

1b.Burkehead

2.Robinson

3. Jones

4.Ward

• Fire 2

Who cares this guy would be an insignificant addition to our recruiting class we are well off at runningback.

If we get AG this is true. Can you think about going green-less and missing out on Standard too? That is a scary thought.

Exactly my concern T-Husker! With Green being non-committed to this point ... I personally would have been excited to nail down Standard, especially since he wanted to play for the Big Red.

I do not question the coaching recruiting staff however ... but sometimes fans say things like "insignificant" that make my football savy take a double take.

SheepdogMark

• 1 month later...

Huge miss. Wanted him and Green personally.

SheepdogMark

Still think this was a huge miss. Today the news is that Heard didn't make grades again.

I look at missing on Standard as similiar to missing out on Griffin the Baylor QB. We had so much focus on Gabbert and a 5-star QB recruit we didn't focus on Griffin much. As it turned out, we didn't even get Gabbert and Griffin has been a stud on an average Baylor team that has now added some other parts. Talk about being stacked at QB if we had him ... wow.

On our end, we have been so focused on Aaron Green it seems to me we missed on a great player who wanted to be N. I'll look with interest who we look to add to add depth at RB in this class, if any. Who knows, maybe with Malcom Brown dropping in ranking he will decide to leave TX and come be with his buddy Aaron. :-)

SheepdogMark

SheepdogMark

Still think this was a huge miss. Today the news is that Heard didn't make grades again.

I look at missing on Standard as similiar to missing out on Griffin the Baylor QB. We had so much focus on Gabbert and a 5-star QB recruit we didn't focus on Griffin much. As it turned out, we didn't even get Gabbert and Griffin has been a stud on an average Baylor team that has now added some other parts. Talk about being stacked at QB if we had him ... wow.

On our end, we have been so focused on Aaron Green it seems to me we missed on a great player who wanted to be N. I'll look with interest who we look to add to add depth at RB in this class, if any. Who knows, maybe with Malcom Brown dropping in ranking he will decide to leave TX and come be with his buddy Aaron. :-)

SheepdogMark

of course I agree

SheepdogMark

SheepdogMark

IIRC we were never really in the Robert Griffin picture. The main reason he chose Baylor was because of their track program. He was one of the top 400m guys in the nation as a senior and has a couple of Big XII titles under his belt as well.

SheepdogMark

SheepdogMark

IIRC we were never really in the Robert Griffin picture. The main reason he chose Baylor was because of their track program. He was one of the top 400m guys in the nation as a senior and has a couple of Big XII titles under his belt as well.

If I also remember that was Callahan. He would definitely have wanted a pro type QB before RG3. However, if it was Bo, I bet we would have put a full court press on. I mean, his future is in football. If he wanted to be the best football player he could be, he def would have chosen NU over baylor. I would say it had more to do with Callahan, and probably Watson too, more than anything.

SheepdogMark

SheepdogMark

If I also remember that was Callahan. He would definitely have wanted a pro type QB before RG3. However, if it was Bo, I bet we would have put a full court press on. I mean, his future is in football. If he wanted to be the best football player he could be, he def would have chosen NU over baylor. I would say it had more to do with Callahan, and probably Watson too, more than anything.

Bo would have finished up that recruiting class when he took over in January. Yes Clownahan would never have given RGIII a whiff at QB, and Gabbert was solidly committed for a while so all QB talks were severed at that point. Bo had to scramble like hell to open up the communication lines with QB's and we ended up with Spano.

Still don't know if he would have picked NU though, because at that time his future was definitely more promissing on the track. For that reason he made the right choice at the time. And if RGIII still was running track and didn't hurt his knee, he'd probably be beating down the Team USA door.