Do white guys get discriminated against at skill positions???

I dont think so. If you are a coach and your job is on the line every year in some cases every game, I think you would not care if they are black, white green or blue. you want the best. you want to win, you want to keep your job. If the best is black, so be it. If the best is white, so be it. Don't ask Jimmy the Greek.....he is still trying to recover from this question.

It's called reverse racism and it happens everyday. You would see it if you lived in the inner city where the minority is white. Running back is the main position where the media thinks white people can't play. Everytime I hear a good white running back mentioned in the media, they compare him to Riggins.

No such thing as reverse racism. Racism is racism, plain and simple.

• Fire 1

IBWWR (in before wes welker reference)

IBTDR (in before tim dwight reference)

There is a stereotype, but only because there is evidence that suggests a trend.

people are presumptuous. First impressions are made in a matter of seconds, and that is all calculated based on previous experience. Since black skill position players are more common, when you see a white wr vs a black wr, it's assumed that the black wr has the skills required to be more successful.

There is no such thing as "reverse discrimination." It's an inherently bigoted phrase, although people who typically use it don't mean it that way (as I'm certain it's not meant here in this thread). But it is, because it implies that racism, the impression of inherent superiority based on skin color, occurs when Whites discriminate against non-Whites.

The fact of the matter is that Whites are being victimized by racism more and more as this country grows more and more diverse. As other ethnicities gain footholds into management positions, their decisions are made, like those of their White predecessors, based on their level of comfort, and all too often we're seeing that their level of comfort is with those they are familiar with; those of their own race, or color, or national origin.

I have seen this occur more often than most people would realize. It's simply discrimination, and anyone can be a victim, no matter the color of their skin, their gender, their age, their nation of origin, or whatever group you want to associate yourself with.

Most victims of discrimination in Nebraska are White females. Think about that the next time your mom or wife or sister or daughter goes to work, or tries to get a loan, or tries to eat dinner out somewhere.

Anyone can be a victim of discrimination. Even you.

• Fire 1

I dont think so. If you are a coach and your job is on the line every year in some cases every game, I think you would not care if they are black, white green or blue. you want the best. you want to win, you want to keep your job. If the best is black, so be it. If the best is white, so be it. Don't ask Jimmy the Greek.....he is still trying to recover from this question.

+1

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

You beat me to it.

Most true, most honest thing I think i've ever read on huskerboard.

Number, stats, percentages don't lie, no matter what the color.

So of course it will influence decision making.

Five years ago, My Brother's Wife kept insisting that my nephew wasn't getting any offers because he was White...Still sorta is last time I looked.

He was a two year starter at IB, took turns with the QB (Also Honky) as the fastest on his team at the largest school in AZ...Got some Honorable mention? when the local papers rated the top 10 RB's in the state his Sr year, and missed 1000 (by 60?) yds. partly because he also started on Defense the 2nd half of the season due to injuries at LB.

My Brother told me he was running low to mid 4.3 forty's, but tanked his vertical jump at UNL's football camp his last Summer there.

He fumbled once in two seasons..after running for over 200 yds in their Homecoming game and ran back two (or 3) kickoffs for TD's durring his Sr, season...Punted (badly)..Carried a ~3.8 GPA..

But something bothered me about his running style.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it...Even though he was faster than almost any defender he played against, he always seemed to enjoy contact..and would almost seem to pursue the pile...And after seeing Burkhead..I'm almost reminded of my Nephew..Except Burkhead seems to hit the hole much faster.

I even traded emails with a cousin that used to start at UNL..who also had a son graduating HS that year..Said something about the new staff not even going after some prolific (white) runner from North Platte? (Forget his name but I think he was cut this season from the Jets?..My Cousin's twins (Son and Daughter) went to Kansas on Track Scholarships.

I think my Nephew got a couple of offers from Brown and some other Ivy league school, but went to a Div.11 school in Oregon (Redshirted his Fr. year while they won the natl. championship).

He graduates from ASU in four months (EE) but still misses Football sometimes so we still take turns chasing cars.