S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

• 4 weeks later...

There's a teaser about him on Rivals... an anyone fill us in?

He says that he has not clear cut favorite but he has developed a strong relationship with the coaches at Ohio State, Standord, UCLA, Notre Dame, Florida State, Northwestern, and Nebraska.

He will be on the 2011 U.S. Army All-American Bowl and after talking to Tim Beck and Bo Pelini, they basically told him that we play a lot of DB's on every down and that he could start right away. Where ever he goes he wants to develope a good relationship with the coaches and players and wants to major in engineering.

So far, Lyons has visited Miami, Florida, Florida State, Stanford, South Florida, and Notre Dame. Next up is a planned visit to Ohio State for their spring game when he will be accompanied by Jeremy Cash. He also intends to take all of his official visits this fall before making a decision during his senior year.
So far, Lyons has visited Miami, Florida, Florida State, Stanford, South Florida, and Notre Dame. Next up is a planned visit to Ohio State for their spring game when he will be accompanied by Jeremy Cash. He also intends to take all of his official visits this fall before making a decision during his senior year.

Cash and him are buds?

Cash and him are buds?

I guess, and that doesn't bode well for us. Cash and is teammate seem pretty high on Ohio State.

• 3 weeks later...

Lyons described his initial reaction upon receiving the UF offer.

"I was excited about it at first cause I really grew up liking them you know," Lyons said. "But it doesn't put them any higher because of that. Right now everyone is even. I honestly don't have any favorites."

The 6'0", 190 pound safety prospect, who is being recruited by Zach Azzanni, also explained that he is no stranger to the Florida campus.

"It's a great university and my sister goes there so I've been there before." He said. "She doesn't really try to influence me though, other than taking me to some parties."

The heralded junior also described his plans for his much anticipated recruitment, which he described as "crazy".

"I am up to 41 offers with North Carolina, Prairie View A & M, Memphis, Florida and Western Kentucky being the latest, which I received last week." He said. "It's crazy! I never thought it was going to be like this."

"We are reviewing recruiting questions that me and my mom sent out to the schools that had offered by March 1." Lyons said. "We will send out the questions to the new schools that have offered since then as well. We are hoping to cut the list down by the first of the summer in June. We're going to schedule additional visits once the list is narrowed down. All of the schools will have a chance to make their pitch during spring ball, and once they are allowed to call me. Any schools not wishing to return the questions will be eliminated from consideration, no hard feelings."

Thus far Lyons has visited Florida State, Florida, Miami, South Florida and Maryland since January and will visit Ohio State next month for their Spring Game. Lyons missed many spring games because he went to Washington, DC for a 6-day Leadership Conference March 23-28.

"I love it because it's really an honor and academics and leadership is big for me and I get to see a bunch of the capitals and monuments and that stuff." Said Lyons.

Lyons maintains that he will make his commitment either at the US Army All American game or soon after on National Signing Day.