13 year old commits to USC

This is ridiculous. You know that kid's dad is making the decision for him. Heck at age 13 his dad is sending him all over the country to camps and uses language like "we're super excited to meet Lane Kiffin" and "We're committed to USC, it's the best school in the country"... it's not about the kid at all, it's about his father brainwashing him.

I don't know - if I could play ball, I'd probably go to Nebraska no questions asked. My mind would have been made up as a 9 year old. You could say it's parental brainwashing, but maybe this kid is just a lifelong diehard fan?

Pretty exciting for USC fans...it's a pretty novel thing. Kind of weirds me out, but the hype surrounding this kid makes him one to watch.

"His skill set is off the chart," Clarkson said. "I've never seen anyone at his age do what he's been able to do."

"He's already six feet as a 13-year old," Clarkson said. "And he's breaking down NFL footage."

Clarkson said the scholarship offer emerged after he called Kiffin to discuss a quarterback recruit for next year's class.

Clarkson said Kiffin asked him his opinion of the recruit and Clarkson said, "You might call me crazy, but you've known me a long time, right? And when I said if there was going to be a LeBron James of football it'd be Jimmy Clausen that turned out to be a pretty good prediction.

"And when I said Matt Barkley had the potential to be as good as Jimmy, he ended up winning Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and starting at USC as a freshman, right?

"Well, I've got a kid now who is better than all of them and he's in Delaware. You gotta take a look at him."

I don't know - if I could play ball, I'd probably go to Nebraska no questions asked. My mind would have been made up as a 9 year old. You could say it's parental brainwashing, but maybe this kid is just a lifelong diehard fan?

Pretty exciting for USC fans...it's a pretty novel thing. Kind of weirds me out, but the hype surrounding this kid makes him one to watch.

"His skill set is off the chart," Clarkson said. "I've never seen anyone at his age do what he's been able to do."

"He's already six feet as a 13-year old," Clarkson said. "And he's breaking down NFL footage."

Clarkson said the scholarship offer emerged after he called Kiffin to discuss a quarterback recruit for next year's class.

Clarkson said Kiffin asked him his opinion of the recruit and Clarkson said, "You might call me crazy, but you've known me a long time, right? And when I said if there was going to be a LeBron James of football it'd be Jimmy Clausen that turned out to be a pretty good prediction.

"And when I said Matt Barkley had the potential to be as good as Jimmy, he ended up winning Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and starting at USC as a freshman, right?

"Well, I've got a kid now who is better than all of them and he's in Delaware. You gotta take a look at him."

The coach who is training the 13 year old knows talent and has produced on the field. I would say the kid probably will be atleast a 4 star by the time he graduates HS.