13 year old commits to USC

:facepalm:

This is just my opinion but what if this kid doesn't turn out to be the star athlete later in life? Kid still young and has a lot of football ahead of him and things could turn south like injuries. Lane Kiffin will look like a moron for offering a kid a scholorship at a young age and I'm sure he would pull the scholarship too. Just my opinion

13yr QB in Delaware

A verbal commitment from a 13-year-old is worth about as much as a message board post.

Former USC basketball coach Tim Floyd also used to get verbal commits from 13-year-old kids. And how did that work out for Floyd?

:yeah

Besides a commitment from 13-year-old is about reliable as a pro wrestlin' referee.

This is where you just pray that the kid isn't as talented as they think he is, and they get stuck having to give him a scholarship and he never plays a single down...but then they will probably just pull the offer if the kid washes out.

The NCAA should investigate, and come up with a rule, if there isn't one already, against doing something like this. I don't think they could do it in all states, because my step-son in Kansas couldn't be approached until he was at least in high school as a lineman, and he was over 6' and 220 as a middle school student.

• 6 years later...

• 2 weeks later...