Player: T.K. Fleming

Hometown: Benton, LA

School: Benton HS

Position: Safety

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 200 lbs

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Offers: Cornell, Grambling St., Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisville, Mississippi St., Nebraska, Northwestern St., Oklahoma St., Oregon, Southern Mississippi, Tennessee, UCLA

Rivals: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif (#34)

Scout: :star :star :star (#43)

ESPN:

• 3 months later...

LSU is in the picture and might have eligibility issues.

“Getting to sit down and talk with [head coach] Les Miles and the rest of the coaches showed me that they are very interested,” Fleming said. “They asked me all kinds of questions, and then they let me know about how they would be recruiting me over these next couple of months.

“[it was all pretty personal, and I feel like an offer is going to come because of it.”

One of the chief concerns from the staff was Fleming’s performance in the classroom at Benton High, leaving them hesitant to extend a scholarship until further commitment was shown.

“I let them know that my freshman and sophomore years I really slacked off and didn’t take school that seriously, and now my GPA is low because of it,” he said. “I am going to have to retake some of these classes to get things cleared up, but I have been doing well this past year, so I feel like I am going to be alright.

• 2 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

Latest from Husker Journal. Appears we are still looking at this guy? Strong offer list includes Nebraska, Oregon, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, and more.

DECEMBER 15, 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

T K FLEMING, DB, 6-3, 200, 4.5, BENTON, LOUISIANA

Need To Be Cleared

“I have over 40 offers. I kind of have narrowed it down but I’m still trying to decide what officials to take. I haven’t signed up with the Clearning House yet but I would like to visit LSU for sure, Alabama, Arkansas and maybe Oklahoma.” Fleming said

“I like LSU it’s my home state I do go down there a lot for different kind of events. I play football and run track. I’m kind of use to their (LSU) track from running state. LSU has a nice football program and team too.” Fleming said

Runs Track

“I’ve been down there (Baton Rouge) met with a couple of coaches and a variety of things. I talked to the track coach like I do with all the schools. I do the high jump mostly.” Fleming added

“I’ve haven’t been a LSU fan growing up except for the last couple of years.” Fleming said

Interested In The Tide

“Last year (Alabama) they won the National Championship. They also have a great football program. Obviously I like the coaching staff at Alabama. I don’t know much about them until I take some officials visits. ” Fleming said

Hogs Great Track Program

“Arkansas is close to home it’s about the same distance as LSU. Arkansas has one of the best track programs in the nation. They also have a good football program. I don’t know much about them either until I go down there and visit them.” Fleming said

“I read a little bit about Arkansas on the internet, watch them on TV. I like the coaching staff there and they (players) are well coached.” Fleming said

“I really don’t know much about Oklahoma. I really haven’t had a chance to watch them on the field this year. I haven’t seen any of their games but there is a possibility that I might visit them.” Fleming said

Nebraska Looking To Move Up

“I hear from Nebraska,” Fleming said. “A while back I talked to one of the assistant coaches about coming down for an official visit. They are still recruiting me and everything. I don’t know I will visit Nebraska just have to see if I have any visits left.” Fleming said

“Nebraska, Oregon and Ohio State are recruiting me the hardest. Oregon sends a lot of mail and stuff they are trying to get me down for a visit too.” Fleming said

“Oregon is kind of far away but not really. No place is too far long as you’re playing. Playing time is what it’s about. Most schools are recruiting me as a free safety or running back.” Fleming said

Decision Time

“I’m looking to take my visits late December early January. Commit hopefully around February. I will take all five.” Fleming said