Weight: 205 lbs

40 time: 4.52

Visit Date:

Offers: Boston College, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers, Stanford, Temple

Committed to USC

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#8)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#12)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#70)

We might have a chance with his offers list :dunno ...

Usually tough to pull kids out of the Northeast.

You'd think they'd want to get out of there...

Then, maybe not to Nebraska.

Is this kid on a death sentence because he's bull rushing that line like a kamikaze pilot would during war. Hopefully Ron Brown will have some success with this recruit.

Ya its usually tough landing kids anywhere in Cali, Texas, and Florida but we've have success with Jersey previously with guys like Mike Rozier, Irving Fryar, Jammal Lord, and Joe Dailey and I'm sure there are others that I'm forget. Do I think we have a shot at this kid, I hope so because I was pretty impressed with his film.

Is this kid on a death sentence because he's bull rushing that line like a kamikaze pilot would during war. Hopefully Ron Brown will have some success with this recruit.

Ya its usually tough landing kids anywhere in Cali, Texas, and Florida but we've have success with Jersey previously with guys like Mike Rozier, Irving Fryar, Jammal Lord, and Joe Dailey and I'm sure there are others that I'm forget. Do I think we have a shot at this kid, I hope so because I was pretty impressed with his film.

JP plucked Ankrah out of Maryland.

Yup theres another one and I'm sure there are others that I know of but just can't think of them right now.....I hate when that happens <_<

Yup theres another one and I'm sure there are others that I know of but just can't think of them right now.....I hate when that happens <_<

Christian and Jason Peter are from Jersey. Go back even further to the Devaney era with Rich Glover also hailing from Jersey.

Jersey's been real good to NU football.

Christian and Jason Peter are from Jersey. Go back even further to the Devaney era with Rich Glover also hailing from Jersey.

Jersey's been real good to NU football.

I can't believe I forgot about the Peter brothers....I'm having one of those brain fart type of days. Trey Colemon who walked on during the Devaney Era from the D.C. area I believe and Colemon was the guy that I was trying to think of earlier in this thread.

Sounds like Stanford has the lead right now because of their academics but he really likes the way the blackshirts play D, could be here for the Spring-game.

supposedly still coming for the spring game so I would say that commitment is "soft" and we know how Bo feels about "soft" commits. He is big on academics so hopefully we show him our plans for the academic center, our grad rate (#9 in country) and our academic all american count (#1 in country). Does anyone know what he wants to major in?? That could also determine our chances depending on the program he is looking for.

He will be in town during camp weekend. Says the itch to compete might mean he will but not sure yet...might just take the tours. He says Stanford is definitely his #1 but he needs to keep his options open if Stanford fell through. He also mentioned that Nebraska told him we are only taking 1 LB this year and they want it to be him. Not sure when he will make his final decision.

He will be in town during camp weekend. Says the itch to compete might mean he will but not sure yet...might just take the tours. He says Stanford is definitely his #1 but he needs to keep his options open if Stanford fell through. He also mentioned that Nebraska told him we are only taking 1 LB this year and they want it to be him. Not sure when he will make his final decision.

i hope they meant one OLB, as i think we really need 2 backers in this class. we can go against a lot of offenses with only one true LB if the DL and the double pesos are good enough, but that won't work against every offense and we only took one LB last class (a juco at that).

i hope they meant one OLB, as i think we really need 2 backers in this class. we can go against a lot of offenses with only one true LB if the DL and the double pesos are good enough, but that won't work against every offense and we only took one LB last class (a juco at that).

while going to stanford must mean you kinda have to have your sheit together... just going on gut feeling alone this guy looks like a total prick

now if he committs he's my new best friend but from the image he looks kinda like a jerk... but then again its most likely a bad pic right

:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

well it seems to me tht he is going to check out other scholls because he may not hve the grades to get into stanford.... but he is the best lb we r going after... but there is some under the radar kids tht r good tht wee can fall bck on if this one doesnt pan out....

while going to stanford must mean you kinda have to have your sheit together... just going on gut feeling alone this guy looks like a total prick

now if he committs he's my new best friend but from the image he looks kinda like a jerk... but then again its most likely a bad pic right

did you say looks like a prick or looks like spock?

ANTHONYSARAO3_2150.JPGspock.jpg

did you say looks like a prick or looks like spock?

ANTHONYSARAO3_2150.JPGspock.jpg

he looks like spocks mug shot when he got arrest when he was 17..............

I would take a jerk or two on my football team.

Will be in Lincoln on June 7th for a visit and might participate in the camp too.

Mike Ekeler and Ron Brown are developing a really good relationship with Anthony and basically told Anthony that we're only taking one linebacker and he's the guy

Will be in Lincoln on June 7th for a visit and might participate in the camp too.

Mike Ekeler and Ron Brown are developing a really good relationship with Anthony and basically told Anthony that we're only taking one linebacker and he's the guy

His playing weight on the start of the video says, 6'1" and 215 pounds. He could put on some more weight and be about 230 lbs by his sophomore year.

Hopefully we can get him if he thinks Bo has a better shot to get him into the NFL. It worked for Dillard. I don't know of too many kids that play linebacker for Stanford and then go pro. He has good speed for his size.

His playing weight on the start of the video says, 6'1" and 215 pounds. He could put on some more weight and be about 230 lbs by his sophomore year.

Hopefully we can get him if he thinks Bo has a better shot to get him into the NFL. It worked for Dillard. I don't know of too many kids that play linebacker for Stanford and then go pro. He has good speed for his size.

so i wonder what we are seeing in him that makes him soo special to us...... or maybe we are stacked at LB already :dunno

but whatever i'm glad the coaches are doing their job and developing continuious relationships with kids and keeping up contacts......

We need more than one LB in this class. David is the only LB we took last year and Williams left. Hopefully they meant only one at his projected position and not one altogether. Then again, maybe we are gravitating toward the "Dos Peso" defense.

I think we could get by taking only one linebacker in this class. We have Whaley, Fisher, Compton and Martin I believe all sophmores. Its very possible that David could redshirt this year and still be a junior in 2011. It's also pretty possible that Harvey Jackson moves down to linebacker if his frame allows him to put on around 30 lbs. I think next year we'll see us go after a few linebackers and sell the fact that we'll be losing five linebackers in a couple years and they can come in and redshirt and have a chance to start as a redshirt freshman.

Stanford obviously looks damn good on your resume upon graduation, but in terms of football their D wasn't too impressive last season, even with Gerhart grounding-out the clock.

new bigredreport teaser just like barr anybody got any info im not a subscriber over on scout only on rivals now.. can somebody help me out on these two

new bigredreport teaser just like barr anybody got any info im not a subscriber over on scout only on rivals now.. can somebody help me out on these two

damn you get the rivals membership and then scout has to go and post some stuff.... man life isn't fair sometimes is it....

:koolaid2:

Hope the coaches ment they are only going tot ake one SLB/MLB (which Anothony will prb play). I expect us to take atleast 2 LB's in this clas, maybe even 3 if a big fish wants to come aboard (Denzel Perryman, Dexter Moody, Kent Turene, Keith Lewis, Curits Grant). Anthony would be great addition to this class, especially at a positiotn of need. Nebraska hasnt had a big time playmaker at LB for a while.

Absolutely loved his visit. Things I took away from the article on Rivals...

- Gave it a perfect 10/10

- Personal workout with Bo and Ek

- Completely blew away by facilities

- Absolutely loved the people in the area, as well as the people in the athletic dept.

- Loves the Nebraska work ethic.

- Will likely make his final decision soon. before the season starts.

• Upvote 1

- Absolutely loved the people in the area, as well as the people in the athletic dept.

Just read this on rivals. It certainly sounds like we might steal this one away from Stanford.

damn what I TOOK away from this was the PERSONAL workout with Bo and Ekler... haven't heard a lot of that kind of stuff reported on here before....... if the kid is a soft on stanford and was blown away from what we had it has to bode well for us... at the bare minimun it will give him something to REALLY think about....

i also enjoyed the part where he loves the Nebraska work ethic... the kind of kid you want around for sure..........

good reporting

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Nothing like stealing a four star linebacker with huge upside from Stanford. I wonder if moving to the Big Ten will help sway him our way. We will play games a lot closer to his backyard.

Apparently Sarao likes Nebraska's move to the Big Ten according to the new article @ Big Red Report.

Apparently Sarao likes Nebraska's move to the Big Ten according to the new article @ Big Red Report.

This is good, this is very good... the kid is all confused because he wanted in Stanford, but he looks at us and says... amazing... and now we change conferences so our games are closer to his home. Not to mention sounds like he will qualify with us no question, and even if he does qualify for Stanford there's a good chance he will still choose us... this looks very good for NU.

I think he'll be N before September.

ya, but he's waiting on his SAT results and says he's still committed to Stanford

• Upvote 1

This one reminds me alot of Terrence Stephens (Jason Ankrahs teammate) who visited here loved it, waited on to see if he got into to Stanford. If he wouldnt have been able to get in he wouldve came here.

ya, but he's waiting on his SAT results and says he's still committed to Stanford

but isnt there some rule or what not unspoken or spoken that even if you're looking and even if you want to decommitt you dont until you officiall give a verbal to another school or just before you are about to.... a semi sports political matter.......

i dont know but i do know that i think Sarao will come over to the Nebraska camp when its all said and done.....

but isnt there some rule or what not unspoken or spoken that even if you're looking and even if you want to decommitt you dont until you officiall give a verbal to another school or just before you are about to.... a semi sports political matter.......

i dont know but i do know that i think Sarao will come over to the Nebraska camp when its all said and done.....

he was very vague when confirming his commitment to Stanford, we'll see, i do like our chances, but wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with Stanford

he was very vague when confirming his commitment to Stanford, we'll see, i do like our chances, but wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with Stanford

yes he has been very coy about the stanford things.. ssaying his is committed but sorta acting and sounding like he really isnt, doesn't want to be and has plenty of reasons why he shouldn't.... perhaps Harbaugh is like Bo with his whole you look elsehwhere once your a verbal and your done kinda attitude (which cuts both ways in recruiting right :ahhhhhhhh)

i can see him staying with stanford but i can also see us winning out... i mean being told he is the only guy we want at this position must make him feel really good.. and our facilities and fans are 100000 % better than the farm.... and being from NJ looks like a slightly better commute for mom and dad then being in the PAC-12....

yes he has been very coy about the stanford things.. ssaying his is committed but sorta acting and sounding like he really isnt, doesn't want to be and has plenty of reasons why he shouldn't.... perhaps Harbaugh is like Bo with his whole you look elsehwhere once your a verbal and your done kinda attitude (which cuts both ways in recruiting right :ahhhhhhhh)

i can see him staying with stanford but i can also see us winning out... i mean being told he is the only guy we want at this position must make him feel really good.. and our facilities and fans are 100000 % better than the farm.... and being from NJ looks like a slightly better commute for mom and dad then being in the PAC-12....

Rivals has him listed as a Soft Verbal.

Bo's policy is either Solid Verbal or nothing.

Decision Looms

“I’m still committed to Stanford but I’m looking around. I like Nebraska too I plan on making a decision in two weeks where I will go.” Sarao said

Nebraska In Good Shape

“Nebraska is a great program, it’s just a great program and I like it a lot. Nebraska coaches want me badly they are only taking one linebacker and I’m their number one choice. I like Coach Mike Eckeler he does a great job with the linebackers. Coach Ron Brown who recruits this area sends me lots of letters.” Sarao said

“Nebraska’s program is tops,” said Sarao. “They had the number one defense last year.” Sarao added

“I like the Big 10 its better competition.” Sarao commented

The Cardinal-Possible De-Commitment

“I like everything about Stanford football wise and academics. Stanford is number one and Nebraska is number two but I want to wait and see how things go.” Sarao said.

LINK