OLB Anthony Sarao

Nexus

Apparently Sarao likes Nebraska's move to the Big Ten according to the new article @ Big Red Report.

ya, but he's waiting on his SAT results and says he's still committed to Stanford

but isnt there some rule or what not unspoken or spoken that even if you're looking and even if you want to decommitt you dont until you officiall give a verbal to another school or just before you are about to.... a semi sports political matter.......

i dont know but i do know that i think Sarao will come over to the Nebraska camp when its all said and done.....

he was very vague when confirming his commitment to Stanford, we'll see, i do like our chances, but wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with Stanford

Apparently Sarao likes Nebraska's move to the Big Ten according to the new article @ Big Red Report.

ya, but he's waiting on his SAT results and says he's still committed to Stanford

but isnt there some rule or what not unspoken or spoken that even if you're looking and even if you want to decommitt you dont until you officiall give a verbal to another school or just before you are about to.... a semi sports political matter.......

i dont know but i do know that i think Sarao will come over to the Nebraska camp when its all said and done.....

he was very vague when confirming his commitment to Stanford, we'll see, i do like our chances, but wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with Stanford

yes he has been very coy about the stanford things.. ssaying his is committed but sorta acting and sounding like he really isnt, doesn't want to be and has plenty of reasons why he shouldn't.... perhaps Harbaugh is like Bo with his whole you look elsehwhere once your a verbal and your done kinda attitude (which cuts both ways in recruiting right :ahhhhhhhh)

i can see him staying with stanford but i can also see us winning out... i mean being told he is the only guy we want at this position must make him feel really good.. and our facilities and fans are 100000 % better than the farm.... and being from NJ looks like a slightly better commute for mom and dad then being in the PAC-12....

yes he has been very coy about the stanford things.. ssaying his is committed but sorta acting and sounding like he really isnt, doesn't want to be and has plenty of reasons why he shouldn't.... perhaps Harbaugh is like Bo with his whole you look elsehwhere once your a verbal and your done kinda attitude (which cuts both ways in recruiting right :ahhhhhhhh)

i can see him staying with stanford but i can also see us winning out... i mean being told he is the only guy we want at this position must make him feel really good.. and our facilities and fans are 100000 % better than the farm.... and being from NJ looks like a slightly better commute for mom and dad then being in the PAC-12....

Rivals has him listed as a Soft Verbal.

Bo's policy is either Solid Verbal or nothing.

Decision Looms

“I’m still committed to Stanford but I’m looking around. I like Nebraska too I plan on making a decision in two weeks where I will go.” Sarao said

Nebraska In Good Shape

“Nebraska is a great program, it’s just a great program and I like it a lot. Nebraska coaches want me badly they are only taking one linebacker and I’m their number one choice. I like Coach Mike Eckeler he does a great job with the linebackers. Coach Ron Brown who recruits this area sends me lots of letters.” Sarao said

“Nebraska’s program is tops,” said Sarao. “They had the number one defense last year.” Sarao added

“I like the Big 10 its better competition.” Sarao commented

The Cardinal-Possible De-Commitment

“I like everything about Stanford football wise and academics. Stanford is number one and Nebraska is number two but I want to wait and see how things go.” Sarao said.

LINK

That seems to indicate his scores might be not even close to the typical for Stanford. Stanford doesn't have any hard lines for SAT scores in general (i.e, "Oh, this guy's below a 2000, no way"), and their offered scholarship football guys definitely aren't subject to the same academic standards as the general pool. So it's not like the Braylon Heard case where there's some cutoff he's close to achieving...more like he's pretty far off and it's a question of how far Stanford is willing to bend. Which is a good sign for us.

On the other hand, maybe he's just extra anxious about his test results (who isn't, as a high schooler) and not confident that they'll be in Stanford's range when reality he's just fine. You gotta root for the latter scenario though, even if it's not good for us. Nonetheless, I think Stanford's admission policy should be more uniform.

• Fire 1

He should have his score either today or tomorrow, and he needs a 1400-1500 at least to make it.

He also is interested in UCLA if he doesn't make it into Stanford. Sounds like another kid who if it were 100% football would be a NU lock, but he's obviously interested in the Academic side as well which has him leaning towards Stanford and considering UCLA.

He should have his score either today or tomorrow, and he needs a 1400-1500 at least to make it.

He also is interested in UCLA if he doesn't make it into Stanford. Sounds like another kid who if it were 100% football would be a NU lock, but he's obviously interested in the Academic side as well which has him leaning towards Stanford and considering UCLA.

Out of 2400 or 1600?

Out of 2400 or 1600?

Guessing 1600, but the article didn't say specifically other than the coaches told him that number.

Out of 2400 or 1600?

Guessing 1600, but the article didn't say specifically other than the coaches told him that number.

That's rough. Stanford doesn't have a strict cutoff like that for students even in the regular pool. That would be a pretty unforgiving requirement - maybe he has middling grades in school, and the coaches need that to justify admission...or maybe it's out of 2400 (in which case, shame on Stanford for having such lax admissions policies for athletes). I guess either way we'll find out soon enough.

Anyone know more about how scholarship offers are handled with regards to the admissions office? Each school probably does things differently, but maybe the coaches are giving him a number they think will 'guarantee' him a spot, as opposed to it being a bare minimum requirement. That's still important for him because if he gets less than that, he may not want to wait around for January or whenever the Admissions Office comes back with a decision...tough spot in that case: stay committed to a school you might not be admitted to, or look around.