OLB Anthony Sarao

Nexus

#1 Just because I didn't post in this post a number out of 2400 doesn't mean I didn't know that there was a possible 2400 score.

#2 I am from Texas, applied to UT for college and know for a fact kchusker chris that UT does not figure the 800 point writing school into the score they look at for acceptance. In fact neither does Texas A&M, Texas Tech, or most of the other major schools in Texas. These schools throw out the writing score when determining entrance into their universities and only look at the other two sections. Thus eliminating kids who make great writing scores but average reading and math scores...

#3 The statistics I posted are accurate... I have several friends who attend this university, graduated from a high school in Texas and did a ton of research when looking at colleges... so it doesn't matter how well the individual trying to get into the univeristy does on the writing portion of the SAT, because it is not looked at... the school examines the student's score out of a 1600 (reading and math) or the student has the choice of taking the ACT instead if they do not score well on the 2/3 part of the SAT.

You applied to Texas...but aren't you like, kinda old? It's a little different these days...I could still be wrong, but you should check before you state that what you are posting is "accurate" and "fact". Being from Texas doesn't prevent you from using Google, nor does it provide you with this worldly wisdom on everything Texas.

http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/freshmen/admission/testing/

Use of scores in admission decisions: The Office of Admissions uses SAT/ACT scores, including your writing score, when making admission decisions. UT Austin uses your best score from a single test date as one of the items that make up your academic achievement.

Not only do they use the writing score...but if your writing score is above a 600 you don't have to take the freshman English class. I'd say the days of 1600 based SAT's is quickly fading.

As for Stanford and the SAT -

http://admission.stanford.edu/application/freshman/testing.html

We do not accept test substitutions, and applications without SAT or ACT with Combined English/Writing scores will not be considered for admission, except for students living in countries where these tests are not offered (e.g., the People's Republic of China, the Islamic Republic of Iran).

For the SAT, we will focus on the highest individual Writing, highest Math, and highest Critical Reading score we receive from across test sittings.

As for Stanford and the SAT -

http://admission.stanford.edu/application/freshman/testing.html

We do not accept test substitutions, and applications without SAT or ACT with Combined English/Writing scores will not be considered for admission, except for students living in countries where these tests are not offered (e.g., the People's Republic of China, the Islamic Republic of Iran).

For the SAT, we will focus on the highest individual Writing, highest Math, and highest Critical Reading score we receive from across test sittings.

in case anyone doesnt know i hate stanford........... they are right up there on with UCLA USA Pepperdine, long beach state Udub

why anthony why!!!

nancy_kerrigan_biography_21.jpg

This is a little piece from thebootleg.com its the Stanford scout site. This was a free article on their summer camp and Anthony's reaction.

Post-camp interview with Stanford LB commit Anthony Sarao

On his camp experience…

“I was here yesterday hanging out with the players, getting chemistry going.”

On the chemistry with some of the other 2011 commits…

“Everything was good, we already have what, 17 commits? We’re all out here having fun - it seems like we’re already on the team.”

On his summer goals…

“This summer I’m just trying to get my technique down. You always need technique because you can have all the talent in the world but if you don’t have technique [you won’t play well.]”

On his standing with his Stanford commitment and the recruiting process…

“I’m solid to Stanford. I worked hard for my SAT so I’m pretty sure I got my SAT score. I’m not worried about that. I’m out here playing with my future teammates and it’s good. I’m solid to Stanford.”

On keeping his doors open until he gets admitted…

“Yeah I’m still keeping my doors open because you never know with Stanford. You get a lot of de-commits at the end, not even de-commits, just kids who can’t get in to

This is a little piece from thebootleg.com its the Stanford scout site. This was a free article on their summer camp and Anthony's reaction.

Post-camp interview with Stanford LB commit Anthony Sarao

On his camp experience…

“I was here yesterday hanging out with the players, getting chemistry going.”

On the chemistry with some of the other 2011 commits…

“Everything was good, we already have what, 17 commits? We’re all out here having fun - it seems like we’re already on the team.”

On his summer goals…

“This summer I’m just trying to get my technique down. You always need technique because you can have all the talent in the world but if you don’t have technique [you won’t play well.]”

On his standing with his Stanford commitment and the recruiting process…

“I’m solid to Stanford. I worked hard for my SAT so I’m pretty sure I got my SAT score. I’m not worried about that. I’m out here playing with my future teammates and it’s good. I’m solid to Stanford.”

On keeping his doors open until he gets admitted…

“Yeah I’m still keeping my doors open because you never know with Stanford. You get a lot of de-commits at the end, not even de-commits, just kids who can’t get in to

This doesn't sound to great for us. It sounds like Stanford is his definite No. 1, unless he does not make grades. It's too bad, I like being a kid's dream school, not just his second option. Makes them want it that much more. However, if we get this guy in for a gameday, now that could really turn the tables around...

So we really are taking only one LB? What if that dude from Fort Scott wants to commit after Sarao does?

i think (and hope) that we will take another LB, whether it be the juco or someone else. taking one just doesn't make sense.

If you think about it it does. We have recruited a lot of LB/DB hybrid types and are well stoked at that position. We are also really gravitating towards more of a Peso base defense. With that said we dont NEED to take more than one LB this year. If we get Sarao that will be it.

we r gonna take 2 possibly 3 if sarao comes then we take santos 2 plus we probably will take the juco so he can come in right away and play.... moody is 3 for 3 guy

Santos is being slow-played at the moment in hopes that we get Sarao. The word that I heard was that Santos would have already committed to us if we were not slow playing him.

we r gonna take 2 possibly 3 if sarao comes then we take santos 2 plus we probably will take the juco so he can come in right away and play.... moody is 3 for 3 guy

Santos is being slow-played at the moment in hopes that we get Sarao. The word that I heard was that Santos would have already committed to us if we were not slow playing him.

feel bad for santos as he seems like a good kid who has a great heart.... gots to feel bad to be slow played

i love the peso concept, but it will often still require two true linebackers to be on the field. there were times last year when we had three true linebackers on the field, and i would expect that to continue being a situational package. moving to the big 10, where the are more power running teams, it will be particularly important that we have true linebackers ready to go.

considering we took only one true linebacker last year, and a juco at that, i think it would be negligent to only take one this year.

Yeah, I guess I don't understand just taking one. We have all these LB's who are apparently ready to commit but are waiting on Sarao. Who will know what he's doing when? Some said in like 2 weeks when he gets his tests back, and others said not until like December when he is finally admitted. That's a looong wait folks. And if we get spurned, that's a lot of dudes who will have already moved on. I think we should take Santos or Moody if they want to commit and hold a spot for Sarao. Just because we took another LB doesn't mean he's still not at the top of our board like we've been telling him.