TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Nexus

As a Husky and Husker fan. This is a plus for both! Here's to being Red and Purple. I would love to see how Texas fans feel right now. As far as i'm concerned, they can eat it. Also, nice pickup on Middleton. Should be an impressive TE as well. He was our Aaron Green. We just have to hope Bigelow will stay now :/

As a Husky and Husker fan. This is a plus for both! Here's to being Red and Purple. I would love to see how Texas fans feel right now. As far as i'm concerned, they can eat it. Also, nice pickup on Middleton. Should be an impressive TE as well. He was our Aaron Green. We just have to hope Bigelow will stay now :/

Cheers, man. It is always fun to watch Texas lose out on a recruiting battle. One dude over on ShaggyBevo was talking about how foreign losing out on battles is for them. It's just fun to watch a team that usually fills up by August lose out on someone they want.

Cheers, man. It is always fun to watch Texas lose out on a recruiting battle. One dude over on ShaggyBevo was talking about how foreign losing out on battles is for them. It's just fun to watch a team that usually fills up by August lose out on someone they want.

They dont have near the same success out of state as they do in state. They did snag a good one last year with that LB from Ohio, but other than that they definately are not the recruiting juggernut on a national scale as they claim to be.

They dont have near the same success out of state as they do in state. They did snag a good one last year with that LB from Ohio, but other than that they definately are not the recruiting juggernut on a national scale as they claim to be.

Even though they may not recruit nationally as well as they say they do the problem lies in the fact that they don't have to. Texas has to much talent in the state. Recruiting nationally is not a concern for them in reality.

Even though they may not recruit nationally as well as they say they do the problem lies in the fact that they don't have to. Texas has to much talent in the state. Recruiting nationally is not a concern for them in reality.

Agreed. Only in rare cases will you ever steal the top High School talent in Texas out of Texas. Rare cases may include instances such as Adrian Peterson and a certain RB in San Antonio with the initials AG. ;)

Agreed, man. They hardly ever even try to look outside state lines, unless they REALLY want a kid from outside Texas. However, I'd bet part of the reason they don't go out of state is the fact that out of state kids know that Texas chokes in the big game. The last time they won the big one was 2005, and I have a hard time thinking they would've even been in that game if not for Vince Young's ridiculous legs. That was an exciting game, btw. Anyway, they failed to win last year, and I think on a national scale, people just view Texas as "chokers."

The same with the other B12 South power, OU. Think about it- last seven bowl games = 2-5 with narrow victories over Stanford and Oregon. And no one remembers the wins. They remember the OT loss to Boise State, the ineptitude they showed against WVU, the MNC loss two years ago to Florida, and way USC absolutely embarrassed them, even with Heisman winner Jason White leading the way.

Link to OU Bowl Results:Linky