DT Kenny Mack

Nexus

JUCOs can be 4/4 guys? Didn't know that.

The word that I heard was that he was going to red shirt his first semester at Fort Scott and then come to Lincoln for 2nd semester. that is why I said he will have four years left to play.

Someone gave you -1 on every single post on this thread EZ. I'll even you up but you got a hater out there somewhere dude. I'll +1 u on that last post in advance of whoever is going to take you down again. Ridiculous. <_<

The word that I heard was that he was going to red shirt his first semester at Fort Scott and then come to Lincoln for 2nd semester. that is why I said he will have four years left to play.

Someone gave you -1 on every single post on this thread EZ. I'll even you up but you got a hater out there somewhere dude. I'll +1 u on that last post in advance of whoever is going to take you down again. Ridiculous. <_<

This.

This.

:laughpound

You have to love that. Talking back with the minus ones instead of just posting something back.

I'd rather have Kenny play at Fort Scott this year, go up against some better talent than when he was in high school and save his red-shirt for when he comes here. Experience never hurt anyone.

true, but I'd rather have him play under our coaches than theirs.

But, at the same time he could probably start, or at least be a solid contributer in Ft. Scott - an excellent JUCO program. His year at FS could net him 200 minutes of playing time, where he'd be lucky to get 20 his first year in NU's program.

If he plays at FS, he'll have 200 minutes of game-time experience going into his sophmore year (assuming he redshirts when he gets to NU). If he redshirts at FS, he'll have maybe 20 minutes going into that sophomore year - most against sun belt teams which are nearly the equivalent to those JUCO programs anyway, and/or on special teams.

• Fire 2

I'd rather have Kenny play at Fort Scott this year, go up against some better talent than when he was in high school and save his red-shirt for when he comes here. Experience never hurt anyone.

true, but I'd rather have him play under our coaches than theirs.

But, at the same time he could probably start, or at least be a solid contributer in Ft. Scott - an excellent JUCO program. His year at FS could net him 200 minutes of playing time, where he'd be lucky to get 20 his first year in NU's program.

If he plays at FS, he'll have 200 minutes of game-time experience going into his sophmore year (assuming he redshirts when he gets to NU). If he redshirts at FS, he'll have maybe 20 minutes going into that sophomore year - most against sun belt teams which are nearly the equivalent to those JUCO programs anyway, and/or on special teams.

Good point, never crossed my mind. If you think about it... He starts, or even gets meaningful minutes as a 3rd DT, then he gets some quality minutes playing college level athletes in game situations. Then redshirt up here his first year to get bigger/stronger, while learning the system and playing on scout team against starting OL.

As opposed to sitting out at FSCC, not playing game snaps, and practicing against JC competition. Then comes up here for his first year without a redshirt, but is he really going to get snaps with Stein, Moore, Crick, Guy, Rome, Randall all having at least a year in the system? If he's not going to play anyway, he may as well play for FS, because he is going to be scout team most likely anyway. And if he IS good enough to start/play for NU right away, why would FSCC coach let him RS?

+1 for KC for bringing this up.

I was under the impression that once a player went Juco then he had to earn a 2 year degree before transferring to another school. Am I wrong in this assumption? I thought highschool was highschool and any credits earned outside of HS would not count toward qualifying unless a degree went along with it. So how is it possible for Mack to transfer after just one semester? (assuming that he would not get his degree in just one semester. It has been done before but virtually impossible.)

I was under the impression that once a player went Juco then he had to earn a 2 year degree before transferring to another school. Am I wrong in this assumption? I thought highschool was highschool and any credits earned outside of HS would not count toward qualifying unless a degree went along with it. So how is it possible for Mack to transfer after just one semester? (assuming that he would not get his degree in just one semester. It has been done before but virtually impossible.)

No, no need to earn the degree...just the coursework required to meet the admission standards. It's no different than a high school kid taking 12-18 credit hours of college coursework while in HS and having it transfer in when they enroll as a freshman. When I was in college I took a number of JUCO classes at the same time. They were cheaper, easier, and the girls were dumber/sluttier.

No, no need to earn the degree...just the coursework required to meet the admission standards. It's no different than a high school kid taking 12-18 credit hours of college coursework while in HS and having it transfer in when they enroll as a freshman. When I was in college I took a number of JUCO classes at the same time. They were cheaper, easier, and the girls were dumber/sluttier.

Thanks! I wonder why more atheletes who just miss requirements don't do this?

So if we get Kenny Mack and Kevin Williams that gives us two DT's for next year. How many do you think we will take with Crick, Steinkuhler, Moore, Rome, Guy, etc. coming back? We don't lose anyone of any significance on the field. I would imagine we only take 2. Question is... if we have a bunch of DT's wanting to play for NU, which 2 do we take? Are Kevin Williams and Kenny mack the best 2 that are going to come knocking on our door? What if a :star :star :star :star :star starts knocking on our door?

So if we get Kenny Mack and Kevin Williams that gives us two DT's for next year. How many do you think we will take with Crick, Steinkuhler, Moore, Rome, Guy, etc. coming back? We don't lose anyone of any significance on the field. I would imagine we only take 2. Question is... if we have a bunch of DT's wanting to play for NU, which 2 do we take? Are Kevin Williams and Kenny mack the best 2 that are going to come knocking on our door? What if a :star :star :star :star :star starts knocking on our door?

Good point and question, but I think this was approached this year with Owa. We had plenty of DE's, but because he was looked at to be a game changer, we kept our doors open. I would think that it would be open, depending on the player. If he's a good fit, meshes well, etc.

Good point and question, but I think this was approached this year with Owa. We had plenty of DE's, but because he was looked at to be a game changer, we kept our doors open. I would think that it would be open, depending on the player. If he's a good fit, meshes well, etc.

If we can get Williams to commit early I dont know if we will still be looking. I think he is the real deal, hence why he was offered so early.

If we can get Williams to commit early I dont know if we will still be looking. I think he is the real deal, hence why he was offered so early.

After reviewing the top DT's, I think you're right. The top guy on Scout is Jernigan and he's not going to come here. So, after that, the top targets are all about where Williams is at, if not lower than him. However, if Jernigan or a top DT at the position came to Bo and said he'd genuinely like to play for him, do you think Bo would close the door with Williams and Mack on board?

After reviewing the top DT's, I think you're right. The top guy on Scout is Jernigan and he's not going to come here. So, after that, the top targets are all about where Williams is at, if not lower than him. However, if Jernigan or a top DT at the position came to Bo and said he'd genuinely like to play for him, do you think Bo would close the door with Williams and Mack on board?

Since a class of no less than 25-ish is anticipated I would say no. If we only had 20 spots open it would be different.