WR Kenbrell Thompkins

Tim Griffin at ESPN is reporting that both Nebraska and Oklahoma are still in the mix with Kenbrell, who did not sign with anyone on Wednesday. He is also considering Oregon and Cal. Kenbrell signed with Tennessee in the early signing period but is still in the process of getting his release after the coaching change.

Take it with a grain of salt cause TG usually knows very little.

Tim Griffin at ESPN is reporting that both Nebraska and Oklahoma are still in the mix with Kenbrell, who did not sign with anyone on Wednesday. He is also considering Oregon and Cal. Kenbrell signed with Tennessee in the early signing period but is still in the process of getting his release after the coaching change.

Just to make things a little more confusing - Griffin is just repeating what Tom Luginbill is reporting.

Just to make things a little more confusing - Griffin is just repeating what Tom Luginbill is reporting.

ahhh the last gasp..... i'm sooo drained from all of this that i'm not going to get my hopes up too much on this......

rivals doesn't list us as a school of interest but even rivals is slow to the game sometimes.......

According to John Talman at HI, he contacted Kenbrell the other day and he said that Nebraska was "lukewarm" in interest of this kid.

Also worth noting is that the kid cannot attend Oregon, because USC plays Oregon, so Kiffin isn't letting him play in any Pac-10 schools. Not sure how he can do that, so don't ask? :dunno

Oklahoma is also "lukewarm" on him as well and the other schools are either filled up at that position or don't want him.

Lastly, the kid played at Miami Northwestern HS and was teammates with Lavonte David.

According to John Talman at HI, he contacted Kenbrell the other day and he said that Nebraska was "lukewarm" in interest of this kid.

Also worth noting is that the kid cannot attend Oregon, because USC plays Oregon, so Kiffin isn't letting him play in any Pac-10 schools. Not sure how he can do that, so don't ask? dunno.gif

Oklahoma is also "lukewarm" on him as well and the other schools are either filled up at that position or don't want him.

Lastly, the kid played at Miami Northwestern HS and was teammates with Lavonte David.

We also recruited his brother who was rumored to tick off the coaching staff pretty badly a couple of years back.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/24915-wr-kendall-thompkins/

Also worth noting is that the kid cannot attend Oregon, because USC plays Oregon, so Kiffin isn't letting him play in any Pac-10 schools. Not sure how he can do that, so don't ask? dunno.gif

We also recruited his brother who was rumored to tick off the coaching staff pretty badly a couple of years back.

http://www.huskerboa...dall-thompkins/

Yeah I briefly remember that. Might also be why we're not pursuing him as hard.

John Talman just clarified that Thompkins has been granted his release from Tennessee under conditions that he can't sign to an SEC school or Oregon since Tennessee plays Oregon in the future.

He reiterated that both Nebraska and Oklahoma are "lukewarm" towards him at the moment.

John Talman just clarified that Thompkins has been granted his release from Tennessee under conditions that he can't sign to an SEC school or Oregon since Tennessee plays Oregon in the future.

He reiterated that both Nebraska and Oklahoma are "lukewarm" towards him at the moment.

it's not clear to me why he needs a release. it's my impression that he signed during the early signing period with tennessee, but then wasn't able to graduate and enroll as an early entrant. it is my understanding that his early LOI would then be nullified and he can sign with whomever he chooses. :dunno

in any case, seems like he would be a nice late addition if we can swing it (and if the coaches actually like him better than they apparently liked his brother).