I would not have blamed Carnes for going to WKU

EZ-E

Have you seen this guys ability to find open receivers as he scrambles out of the pocket while he is on the run? He also makes decisions fast (something Lee lacked last semester) and because of his speed and ability to change directions quickly defenses will have to load the box to eliminate all the weapons we have back there... leaving tons of WR open and Carnes with the space he needs to run out of the pocket and execute a pass on the fly. BAM TOUCHDOWN!!! Just like Ganz did last year.

That is against HS talent.. thats not saying a lot. Lee could do that in HS too.. college is completly different.

With all due respect Zac Lee in his entire life has not ran with the football outside the pocket or all alone on a football field with no one else around for that matter the way Carnes has. There isn't a more stiffer looking runner than Zac Lee.

Doesn't look too stiff here at the 0:24 mark......

Have you seen this guys ability to find open receivers as he scrambles out of the pocket while he is on the run? He also makes decisions fast (something Lee lacked last semester) and because of his speed and ability to change directions quickly defenses will have to load the box to eliminate all the weapons we have back there... leaving tons of WR open and Carnes with the space he needs to run out of the pocket and execute a pass on the fly. BAM TOUCHDOWN!!! Just like Ganz did last year.

Watch Jamal Turner's full tape. Remember that he did that in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex as well. So he did it against a lot of other really good football players. AS A 16 YEAR OLD JUNIOR.

That is against HS talent.. thats not saying a lot. Lee could do that in HS too.. college is completly different.

With all due respect Zac Lee in his entire life has not ran with the football outside the pocket or all alone on a football field with no one else around for that matter the way Carnes has. There isn't a more stiffer looking runner than Zac Lee.

Fixed. You forgot to bold the last part of my sentence.

Also where is this purported Jamal Turner tape you speak of? From what I've seen of Turner on youtube I'm sticking with Carnes. Easily.

Fixed. Also where is this purported Jamal Turner tape you speak of? From what I've seen of Turner on youtube I'm sticking with Carnes. Easily.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/41706-2011-recruiting-board/

It will be where it says: Jamal Turner Film!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch both of them and then come back and state your opinion. I've watched both of them side by side quite a bit and I will stick with my opinion that Turner is the better football player.

I'm glad we got Carnes, but gonna have to agree with EZ-E that Turner looks better on film. and he's a grade less developed.

Turner looks good but I'm still sticking with Carnes. Also the video is footage of a single game. Does anyone know who that was against? He definitely wasn't hurting for running lanes and for the most part his offensive line was eating their def line for lunch. I respect your opinion and I think he's a great quarterback but Carnes made way to many plays under pressure with the pocket collapsing and consistently hit receivers on the run not to mention the plays he made with his feet for me to ignore. However may the best man win. Nebraska's in a win/win situation having these two guys on their roster.

edit: I see after about 20 plays they finally switch highlights to another team. It looks like they replay the same play 3 times also.

I'm glad we got Carnes, but gonna have to agree with EZ-E that Turner looks better on film. and he's a grade less developed.

Turner looks good but I'm still sticking with Carnes. Also the video is footage of a single game. Does anyone know who that was against? He definitely wasn't hurting for running lanes either. I respect your opinion and I think he's a great quarterback but Carnes made way to many plays under pressure with the pocket collapsing and consistently hit too many receivers on the run for me to ignore anyway. However may the best man win. Nebraska's in a win/win situation having these two guys on the roster.

I definitely agree here. It doesn't really matter which one looks better now, they both have the potential to be good gets for the program and solid QB's in college.

Turner looks good but I'm still sticking with Carnes. Also the video is footage of a single game. Does anyone know who that was against? He definitely wasn't hurting for running lanes either. I respect your opinion and I think he's a great quarterback but Carnes made way to many plays under pressure with the pocket collapsing and consistently hit too many receivers on the run for me to ignore anyway. However may the best man win. Nebraska's in a win/win situation having these two guys on the roster.

I take it you didn't watch the whole clip? It's 20 min. long and there are different games on there the longer you watch the footage. Just be patient.

We still have a very definite need for at least two if not three good quarterbacks. I think the odds against one guy starting every game for 3 years are pretty long, esp if we're going to ask that guy to do a lot of ballcarrying. It's not hard to get the backup guys some quality touches (ala Mike Stuntz) I think CG will be better this year but also solidly proved that we have got to get these qbs a redshirt year. I hope JT has a great senior season and turns out to be a college star, but if we don't get some improvement in the OL play it won't matter who is calling signals, the offense will still blow goats.

restoretheorder.gifkoolaid2.gifkoolaid2.gifkoolaid2.gifw00t.gif

I take it you didn't watch the whole clip? It's 20 min. long and there are different games on there the longer you watch the footage. Just be patient.

Yep. I watched the whole thing. One thing is for sure. Whoever becomes the starter down the road is going to be breaking down some defenses.

Either way I'm looking forward (I can't wait) to seeing both of these guys.

Yep. I watched the whole thing. One thing is for sure. Whoever becomes the starter down the road is going to be breaking down some defenses.

Aside from the similarities in their measurables, they also wear the same jersey number. How ironic, huh?

If Carnes has Tommie's intangibles, he could be a threat at any position

Jamal Turner IS the real deal. I am very high on this kid's game.

Are you kidding me. He might never not ever get here. Looking at our history of Recruit QBs changing there mind and going somewhere else. I think it a 50/50 chance he ends up here.

Well...

1. He took two unofficial visits up to Lincoln this year for games. Unofficials are all on your own dime.

2. He went to the CCG ON THIS OWN DIME.

3. He drove FROM ARLINGTON, TEXAS TO SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA FOR THE HOLIDAY BOWL ON HIS OWN DIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. We were his first offer.

So no I am not kidding you. I THINK there is a GREAT chance he ends up in Lincoln.

Have a nice day.

• Fire 2