Terrence Moore to replace Suh

"2. Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh: He will go down in history as arguably the greatest Blackshirt ever, a player who stayed in school for an extra season and cashed in with a haul of individual trophies. Terrence Moore will accept the huge challenge to replace the most dominant defensive force in Big 12 history and in recent college football history."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/19399/big-12-biggest-shoes-to-fill-in-2010

Does Griffin just look for the most senior player on the depth chart when writing these blurbs? I haven't seen anyone saying they expect Moore to start. Is Griffin just lost . . . again?

Nebraska publications have mentioned the possibility as well. It was discussed in a Baker to offense thread a while back.

How does Bo adjust to life without Suh? No. 93 can’t be replaced, so that option is out. But the remaining pieces on the defensive line - Jared Crick is chief among them - are pretty solid. Of course NU retains a base four-man look, with Crick at his spot, Terrence Moore plugging the nose, and Pierre Allen and Cameron Meredith crashing on the ends.

Nebraska publications have mentioned the possibility as well. It was discussed in a Baker to offense thread a while back.

How does Bo adjust to life without Suh? No. 93 can’t be replaced, so that option is out. But the remaining pieces on the defensive line - Jared Crick is chief among them - are pretty solid. Of course NU retains a base four-man look, with Crick at his spot, Terrence Moore plugging the nose, and Pierre Allen and Cameron Meredith crashing on the ends.

But the Baker to OL talk has been ended. I believe the coaches said he is staying on defense. As such, Steinkuhler is the odds on favorite to start next to Crick.

I think Griffin barely scratches the surface of the teams he covers. I think his knowledge is generally less than that of a more-informed-than-average college football fan. How he got that gig is beyond me. If I got paid to cover college football, you can bet I'd have WAY more insight into the teams I cover than he provides.

Be that as it may, I think Moore has as good a chance to start as anyone else. He was slowed by injury (turf toe) in 2009, remember. This time last year Moore and Crick were neck-and-neck for the spot aside Suh. When Suh was "injured" during the Oklahoma game, Moore went in for one play. The Sooners ran right at him... and he stonewalled the play.

Moore seems like no slouch, but I think competition between Moore and Steinkuhler will be fierce. There are worse things than to have two guys in close competition for a starting spot.

• Fire 1
But the Baker to OL talk has been ended. I believe the coaches said he is staying on defense.

Link? The thread discussing it never reached a conclusion, and I haven't seen anything about it on the major sites since then.

Not sure where I read it. I'll check . . . maybe someone here can confirm. That, or maybe my head is playing tricks on me. Either way, I'll look.

Well I'm sitting scratching my head at the Moore talk. Look baker should be the plug and I think Guy could do some good things there too. I person I would like to see at the rush end spot is CM and D Akred would be a great speed rusher. NU needs the old speed rush of the end. Like Polk, Wistrom, Tomach. speed on the ends will be key.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moore or Baker replace Meredith on rushing downs. Picking up a 3rd and 2 would be tough against Crick-Steinkuhler-Moore-Allen.

:yeah Although I think we'll see substantial improvement from Meredith too, especially on rush D, which should be his focus this off-season considering how well he defended on passing downs in '09.