Breakout Year

husker3434

he is one of the fastest guys on the team...

Well then...

Maybe Al Davis will give him a shot.

like it or not, speed has a lot to do with playing football. word is that the only reason he hasnt played more is because of his attitude not his skill level.

Um, yeah...

Exactly my point. Speed isn't everything. But pardon me for not having a lot of faith in a guy who quit the team at one point.

I dont really have any reasoning behind this, but I have a feeling that Colins will grow up this year and put up some solid numbers.

I will be shocked if Collins ever touches a football during a game for the rest of his career. This is silly, although the -rep for it is prolly a little uncalled for. We have Helu, Burkhead, Heard, Robinson, Mendoza and Jones are all ahead of him... that would take one hell of an injury streak in order for him to see the field.

Quiting the team is what hurt Okafor and it'll hurt his playing time. He'll probably see playing time on special teams and mop up duty later in his career.

By quiting the team, Okafor quit on Bo, the Husker staff, the University, and on himself. He's got a lot of cleaning up to do in a stack depth of running backs and he's gotta prove Bo that he can carry the load in a full game put it all starts in practice both physically and mentally.

I dont really have any reasoning behind this, but I have a feeling that Colins will grow up this year and put up some solid numbers.

I will be shocked if Collins ever touches a football during a game for the rest of his career. This is silly, although the -rep for it is prolly a little uncalled for. We have Helu, Burkhead, Heard, Robinson, Mendoza and Jones are all ahead of him... that would take one hell of an injury streak in order for him to see the field.

We already had one hell of an injury situation and he didn't see the field barely.

Already got cut.... wait that was NCAA Football 2010 on XBOX. There was a reason why other D1 schools were going to give Collins a shot at RB and a look at LB...All the highlights I remember from his senior year consisted of him running straight down the field thanks to a good O-line/offense, so I'm not all that sure that his stats told the truth about his talent (a la the Denver Bronco's - who the hell is Mike Andersen?)...

I think he's going to go down like David Horne without the good games as a frosh. Another metro running back that had the wheels fall off when forced to compete against other big names. (the only basis for my unable to compete comment arising from the fact that he quit, then returned the next day). Collins has always sounded like a Diva to me...that's just my opinion obviously but I imagine that's not a good perception to reek of with BO at the helm.

well he needs to get his act together or he will be known as the next Jay Sims.

for those who remember him, Jay Sims was probably the best NU running back to never see the field.

He was definitely one of the fastest running backs to ever play for Nebraska. His girlfriend lived next to me one summer, so I kind of got to know him. He seemed like a really cool guy. I had heard that his work ethic in practice was lacking which is why he barely ever sniffed the field. If memory serves me right, he was fairly old when he joined the team as well. I'm not sure playing was ever that much motivation to him. I do remember him during games jumping up on the bench waiving towels and things like that to get the crowd fired up.