Player: Kent Turene

Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

School: Boyd Anderson HS

Position: ILB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 225 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, California, Cincinnati, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida Intl, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Nebraska, North Carolina, Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, USC, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Western Kentucky

Rivals: :star :star :star (#17)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#18)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#8)

• 2 weeks later...

PER ESPN Report, it was reported that we are in the lead:

"Turene, a 6-foot-2, 215-pounder, has offers from Nebraska, Illinois, Florida Atlantic and Florida International. The Cornhuskers are said to have the lead at this time."

ESPN

Very, very early and hard to tell with Florida kids, but because we're showing the love early we might have increased our chances.

• 2 weeks later...

Expect major in state competition

-----------

Boyd Anderson linebacker Kent Turene has seen the interest from college coaches slowly pick up steam the past several weeks. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder has been collecting offers on a regular basis with two more coming this week.

“I’ve been offered by FIU, FAU, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, and just been recently offered by Texas A&M,” said Turene.

The offer from the Aggies came Thursday afternoon.

“Today, I talked to (defensive line coach) Terrell Williams,” explained Turene. “He told me he’s going to be recruiting me, he’s excited about me and he just sent the offer today.”

Turene continued on the Texas A&M program.

“My thoughts on Texas A&M are that they have tradition, also they’re in the Big 12, they play a lot of big schools, and they sound like they have a young and upcoming team.”

Wednesday the Minnesota Golden Gophers extended an offer to the talented inside linebacker. Turene talked about what coaches told him about the program.

“Minnesota, it seems like a good school. I talked to (linebacker) Coach (John) Butler and the running back coach (Thomas Hammock). They talked about the program and what they are trying to do. They are trying to build the defense and trying to be an up and coming program to be one of the top teams in the Big 10.”

Even with the offers Turene has in hand currently, there are several heavy hitters keeping the lines of communication open with the 2011 prospect.

“I hear from Florida Coach (Zach) Azzanni, also hear from Coach (Eddie) Gran from Florida State. I hear from Ole Miss Coach (Chris) Vaughn, also hear from coach at Miami , Coach (Jeff) Stoutland. I hear from Michigan, Coach (Greg) Robinson the defensive coordinator, that’s about it.”

Turene recently visited a spring practice for Miami and plans to take in a spring practice at Florida next month.

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=145721#ixzz0hX7y2SvG

FIU...and nebraska? um ok...

Don't be fooled by the lack of early big offers. This kid is good and will continue to pick up (see illinois, Minnesota, A&M). I would not be surprised if Fla. St. and Miami offer. Florida is only talking to him in case they don't get their preferred guy. This guy will be a high 3* possibly 4* by rivals. No lower than a 5.7 would be my guess.

• 2 weeks later...

“Minnesota, it seems like a good school. I talked to (linebacker) Coach (John) Butler and the running back coach (Thomas Hammock). They talked about the program and what they are trying to do. They are trying to build the defense and trying to be an up and coming program to be one of the top teams in the Big 10.”

Well, seems that Turene hasn't researched the defenses of Kevin Cosgrove (Co-Defensive Coordinator at U of M). Minnesota will be trying to "build up the defense" as long as Cosgrove has a say in the defensive schemes. If that is Minnesota's selling point, then damn Kent, move on.

I would not let Kevin Cosgrove coach my flag football team let alone be my DC and try to recruit players for me. UofM is going no where with him there. I am normally not this blunt but Kevin Cosgrove is flat out terrible and has no business in a major D1 program.

• 1 month later...

I would not let Kevin Cosgrove coach my flag football team let alone be my DC and try to recruit players for me. UofM is going no where with him there. I am normally not this blunt but Kevin Cosgrove is flat out terrible and has no business in a major D1 program.

Outrageous, sir! Another malicious smear in a Pelini campaign to undermine the superior genius of Kevin Cosgrove!

Outrageous, sir! Another malicious smear in a Pelini campaign to undermine the superior genius of Kevin Cosgrove!

:LOLtartar Great some people will get upset about this now. You forgot :sarcasm

I really like this kid and think he could be a top LB for this class. Hope we recruit him hard and pick him up. I heard he is going to visit sometime in the summer or fall.