ILB Kent Turene

Nexus

I would not let Kevin Cosgrove coach my flag football team let alone be my DC and try to recruit players for me. UofM is going no where with him there. I am normally not this blunt but Kevin Cosgrove is flat out terrible and has no business in a major D1 program.

nice avatar.........yeah, i wouldn't let coz pick up after my dog!

His top 4 that are sticking out the most but are not his favorite: West Virginia, North Carolina, Texas A&M, and Nebraska

He likes West Virginia because he knows a lot of kids on the team and the coaching staff. He likes Butch Davis at North Carolina and his coaching tradition. Texas A&M has Dat Nguyen as their linebacker coach who has played in the NFL and Nebraska is one of the top 5 defenses in the nation and we have a great stable coaching staff with 2 seasons under their belt together.

What really bugs me is that he's waiting for offers from USC and Florida. I don't know if he wants to go to either of these two schools or if he just wants to add more scholarships from big time Universities to bump up his ego.

He plans to visit every school that has offered him a scholarship starting June 12.

His top 4 that are sticking out the most but are not his favorite: West Virginia, North Carolina, Texas A&M, and Nebraska

He likes West Virginia because he knows a lot of kids on the team and the coaching staff. He likes Butch Davis at North Carolina and his coaching tradition. Texas A&M has Dat Nguyen as their linebacker coach who has played in the NFL and Nebraska is one of the top 5 defenses in the nation and we have a great stable coaching staff with 2 seasons under their belt together.

What really bugs me is that he's waiting for offers from USC and Florida. I don't know if he wants to go to either of these two schools or if he just wants to add more scholarships from big time Universities to bump up his ego.

He plans to visit every school that has offered him a scholarship starting June 12.

thanks huskerjock! :thumbs

thanks huskerjock! :thumbs

:yeah

You could add Miami to this group as well. If any of these schools offer, he will be tough to steal.

Dont want him. If he is "waiting" for those offers it just means he thinks pretty highly of himself and wants his ego fluffed a bit IMO.

Or maybe he just has a desire to play at one of those schools - but doesn't want to waste his time/money traveling to either if he doesn't have an offer especially considering the fact he has a number of great offers. I am guessing Sterup is waiting on a Nebraska offer - doesn't mean he's trying to fluff his ego or that Iowa/Wisconsin aren't quality institutions he'd be happy to play at. Don't jump to conclusions and put the kid down. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Heck, who wouldn't want offers from those big time schools?

I agree but there are some that just want more offers to bring up their ego not saying thats what this kid is doing but I found his quote kind of suspecious. If he would've said I'm hoping to get an offer from USC than that would make me think he really likes USC and wants to go there but to say both USC and Florida makes me believe that he wants those two offers to boost up his ego but I hope I'm wrong.

Heck, who wouldn't want offers from those big time schools?

I agree but there are some that just want more offers to bring up their ego not saying thats what this kid is doing but I found his quote kind of suspecious. If he would've said I'm hoping to get an offer from USC than that would make me think he really likes USC and wants to go there but to say both USC and Florida makes me believe that he wants those two offers to boost up his ego but I hope I'm wrong.

O well if the kid wants those to boost his ego then fine. But I have complete faith in this staffs ability to find under the radar prospects especially at linebacker: Tre Madden, David Santos, Nico Ornelas all were found by Bo and Co and have an offer. So if Kent wants to boost his ego its his life, but we can definatly find other LB's, if it comes down to it.

• 4 weeks later...

per rivals

"I don't really have any favorites right now. I'm just focusing on finishing up spring football. After that, I'll start trying to narrow it down and will try to take some visits this summer. I'd like to get it down to 10 (schools) over the next few weeks."

Careful with the quoting.

Offer list is over 30 now, filled with the top schools in the country. Sounds like Nebraska is one of his favorites and will make the short list once he cuts it down. We will see.