ILB Kent Turene

Nexus

per rivals

"I don't really have any favorites right now. I'm just focusing on finishing up spring football. After that, I'll start trying to narrow it down and will try to take some visits this summer. I'd like to get it down to 10 (schools) over the next few weeks."

Careful with the quoting.

Offer list is over 30 now, filled with the top schools in the country. Sounds like Nebraska is one of his favorites and will make the short list once he cuts it down. We will see.

These quotes are taken from other free boards.

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This kid has left the door open. Let's get him at a major need position. USC...really? See USC Sucks...Who Can We Steal? Rivals has teaser on USC checking in on him...listed as Soft Verbal. We need this kid to visit.

From Husker Journal:

OCTOBER 24, 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

KENT TURENE, LB, 6-3, 230, LAUDERDALE LAKES (BOYD ANDERSON), FLORIDA

“I like the environment the school is academically solid,” says the USC commit. “That’s important to me to get a great education.” Turene said

Likes The West Coast Weather

“I’ve been to Miami. In Florida it’s real humid but in California it’s a total different environment. The weather is great it’s 70 degrees year round. It’s just feels a comfortable place where I can be.” Turene said

“I’ve always been a Monte Kiffin fan since I was a little kid. I just grew up watching great USC linebackers. I could be one of them; I want to keep on the tradition.” Turene said

“I like the players at USC. How much people love USC just the support they have there. USC wants you to be successful on and off the field.” Turene said

To Take Other Visits

“Schools have not backed off about 15 schools called me in a two week period. I’m still looking at other visits to see how everything is.” Turene said

Huskers Still In It

“I like Nebraska I’m still looking at them. They’re having a great year. Coach Pelini is a great defensive minded coach. He’s had one of the best defenses in the country the past seasons. I’m just looking forward seeing the program.” Turene said

“I talk to Coach Tim Beck (NU) he’s trying to get me to visit them. I probably will. Coach Beck said I can come in and make it huge for them and become a premiere player at their school. I’m a need for Nebraska right now.” Turene said

Interested In LSU

“I would like to visit LSU also. I like their defensive coach John Chavis he’s the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach. Coach Billy Gonzales said they need me real bad he recruited me when he was at Florida. He just wants me to come in and make a different.” Turene said

“I talk to Coach Tim Beck (NU) he’s trying to get me to visit them. I probably will. Coach Beck said I can come in and make it huge for them and become a premiere player at their school. I’m a need for Nebraska right now.” Turene said

[/b]

All this is an understatement. Turene could likely play day 1 with our need for LBs. Scary thin position.

[/b]

All this is an understatement. Turene could likely play day 1 with our need for LBs. Scary thin position.

If only Chris Williams wouldn't have been such a moron. We would not be as thin at LB as we are.

Eric Martin is quite a ways away from contributing at LB from what I have heard. Have you heard the same Willie???

Eric Martin is quite a ways away from contributing at LB from what I have heard. Have you heard the same Willie???

Pretty much. Eric plays with too much reckless abandon and hangs others out to dry in doing so.

But at least he will always be a ST monster.

I certainly lost some respect for him w/ that helmet-helmet hit though. That was pretty much BS on his part...then to be laughing and f'in around on the sidelines while the guy was still down on the field was pretty classless IMO.

Pretty much. Eric plays with too much reckless abandon and hangs others out to dry in doing so.

I certainly lost some respect for him w/ that helmet-helmet hit though. That was pretty much BS on his part...then to be laughing and f'in around on the sidelines while the guy was still down on the field was pretty classless IMO.

facepalm.gif

Somebody hide this thread from Knapplc. :laughpound

I have watched the replay of the hit several times and I still don't think it was a helmet to helmet hit. Martin put his head down, but he blast the dude with his shoulder pads. I was happy to finnaly see someone fly around out there and lay the wood. And as far as him screwing around on the sidelines, ya he probably took it too far with they guy beng down still. But he was jacked up! I mean did you see that hit, I would have been giddy too.

sorry I wasn't online this weekend and started reading recruiting before the Husker football threads. (I pretty much just roam recruiting on HuskerBoard) Saw knapplc's argument. He has a very good point, I don't agree - but also don't want to start an argument in recruiting. If that same hit had been on a Husker rather than by a Husker I think we'd be saying it was illegal and should have been flagged. It's one of those that was close enough that if he was flagged none of us could really argue conclusively that he shouldn't have been...just like you can have a valid argument it was legal. Just my opinion. Sorry I brought it up here. Regardless of legal or not, I guess I don't know how jacked up I'd be when the guy was laying on the field like a dead fish for 10 minutes.

sorry I wasn't online this weekend and started reading recruiting before the Husker football threads. (I pretty much just roam recruiting on HuskerBoard) Saw knapplc's argument. He has a very good point, I don't agree - but also don't want to start an argument in recruiting. If that same hit had been on a Husker rather than by a Husker I think we'd be saying it was illegal and should have been flagged. It's one of those that was close enough that if he was flagged none of us could really argue conclusively that he shouldn't have been...just like you can have a valid argument it was legal. Just my opinion. Sorry I brought it up here. Regardless of legal or not, I guess I don't know how jacked up I'd be when the guy was laying on the field like a dead fish for 10 minutes.

BINGO!!! You nailed this one. And I wasn't saying that he was in the right for acting all crazy while the player was still down, but I am understanding.