ILB Kent Turene

Nexus

I still dont think he will leave USC, he might visit other schools but Orgeron and Kiifn know how to sell their program.

Just glancing at your post I thought it said Oregon and Kifin know how to sell their program, and I was like wait, what? I didn't know if you had gone crazy or if I was. :LOLtartar

I certainly lost some respect for him w/ that helmet-helmet hit though. That was pretty much BS on his part...then to be laughing and f'in around on the sidelines while the guy was still down on the field was pretty classless IMO.

it was a clean hit. kid should have been paying more attention and i bet he will next time. what should martin have done? gone for his legs? slowed down and two hand touched him? yelled out "excuse me, sir, i'm headed in your direction"? it's part of the game.

I certainly lost some respect for him w/ that helmet-helmet hit though. That was pretty much BS on his part...then to be laughing and f'in around on the sidelines while the guy was still down on the field was pretty classless IMO.

it was a clean hit. kid should have been paying more attention and i bet he will next time. what should martin have done? gone for his legs? slowed down and two hand touched him? yelled out "excuse me, sir, i'm headed in your direction"? it's part of the game.

Although it is unfortunate when a player gets hurt, it is part of the game and this is not tennis. He lowered his shoulder, with the intent of hitting with his shoulder. Sh*t happens and this is football. I remember when the only thing said was "you need to keep your head on a swivel out there". In other words, special teams are dangerous and you need to keep your eyes open as much as possible. People should get over it, there was no ilegal intention or action. Football, football, football..

Although it is unfortunate when a player gets hurt, it is part of the game and this is not tennis. He lowered his shoulder, with the intent of hitting with his shoulder. Sh*t happens and this is football. I remember when the only thing said was "you need to keep your head on a swivel out there". In other words, special teams are dangerous and you need to keep your eyes open as much as possible. People should get over it, there was no ilegal intention or action. Football, football, football..

The thing to remember in this situation is that the player he hit is NOT seriously hurt. He's ok, Gundy confirmed it. Eric was doing his best to make a play for our team. He's probably the most intense, craziest player we have, and I personally love him for that. He brings some attitude to our team. He was trying to lay a block, and he did so, and inadvertently MAY HAVE used his helmet. If in fact he did, he certainly didn't mean to, and was just doing his part on special teams.

I get the feeling a lot of the people who feel it was a dirty hit (it wasn't) are somewhat swayed by the bonehead announcers. They were full of crap, and obviously biased against NU. For example, when the Okie Lite player got the personal foul later on in the game for the helmet hit on Taylor, they said something to the effect of "That's just part of the game." Way to make it obvious, guys.

The thing to remember in this situation is that the player he hit is NOT seriously hurt. He's ok, Gundy confirmed it. Eric was doing his best to make a play for our team. He's probably the most intense, craziest player we have, and I personally love him for that. He brings some attitude to our team. He was trying to lay a block, and he did so, and inadvertently MAY HAVE used his helmet. If in fact he did, he certainly didn't mean to, and was just doing his part on special teams.

I get the feeling a lot of the people who feel it was a dirty hit (it wasn't) are somewhat swayed by the bonehead announcers. They were full of crap, and obviously biased against NU. For example, when the Okie Lite player got the personal foul later on in the game for the helmet hit on Taylor, they said something to the effect of "That's just part of the game." Way to make it obvious, guys.

You hit the nail on the head there! The kid was not seriously hurt and will pay attention next time. The anouncers are the only ones that had an issue and were FOS all game.

The anouncers were just plain anoying. I rewatched this game last night and the hit on Martinez, they called "just part of the game", was intentional with the head being brought down in an effort to make helmet to helmet contact. If Martinez wasn't so tough, he would have been hurt just as bad, if not worse than the special teams hit. That was a vicious shot, much worse than I first thought. After watching that a couple times, We have one tough SOB at QB. :-)

I also heard "even with the score what it is, it seems like Ok st is taking control". Morons LOL LOL Also "Martinez is not a pure passer and needs alot of work in that area".... 350+ yrds passing..... time to wake up from that nap. LOL LOL

You hit the nail on the head there! The kid was not seriously hurt and will pay attention next time. The anouncers are the only ones that had an issue and were FOS all game.

The anouncers were just plain anoying. I rewatched this game last night and the hit on Martinez, they called "just part of the game", was intentional with the head being brought down in an effort to make helmet to helmet contact. If Martinez wasn't so tough, he would have been hurt just as bad, if not worse than the special teams hit. That was a vicious shot, much worse than I first thought. After watching that a couple times, We have one tough SOB at QB. :-)

I also heard "even with the score what it is, it seems like Ok st is taking control". Morons LOL LOL Also "Martinez is not a pure passer and needs alot of work in that area".... 350+ yrds passing..... time to wake up from that nap. LOL LOL

The hit on Martinez was by a guy coming into the backfield at maybe 75% speed, hitting Martinez standing still. Had his head not snapped into the ground the initial hit (while illegal) was not all that bad. The hit by Martin (regardless of legality) was 2 guys running nearly full speed in oposite directions. It was a head on collision - for you to say it wasn't any worse than the one on Martinez dumbfounds me. Well, not really because Martinez was wearing red and the guy Martin hit was in orange.

So you think he is a pure passer and doesn't need a lot of work in that area? Don't get me wrong, I love Martinez as a passer - but if you're saying this is a BS statement because he had 1 game of 350+ yards - in a game where Okie Lite schemed to do nothing more than stop the run because we'd been one dimensional all season (beacuse Martinez is not a pure passer) - then you've had a little too much koolaid and need to step back for a second.

The hit on Martinez was by a guy coming into the backfield at maybe 75% speed, hitting Martinez standing still. Had his head not snapped into the ground the initial hit (while illegal) was not all that bad. The hit by Martin (regardless of legality) was 2 guys running nearly full speed in oposite directions. It was a head on collision - for you to say it wasn't any worse than the one on Martinez dumbfounds me. Well, not really because Martinez was wearing red and the guy Martin hit was in orange.

So you think he is a pure passer and doesn't need a lot of work in that area? Don't get me wrong, I love Martinez as a passer - but if you're saying this is a BS statement because he had 1 game of 350+ yards - in a game where Okie Lite schemed to do nothing more than stop the run because we'd been one dimensional all season (beacuse Martinez is not a pure passer) - then you've had a little too much koolaid and need to step back for a second.

I guess we can agree to disagree on a couple things. Pure passer... no, but not as bad as they made it sound. I understand them having doubts about his passing ability, but by that time he was doing as well as anyone I've seen this year. And Oki st was not running away with the game as they were trying to portray.

As far as the Martinez hit, that was a vicious hit! He is not as small as he seems and he flew back several yards, bouncing his head off the ground. Ive seen QB's not get up after a hit like that. It may not be as bad as two people going seperate directions, but that defensive player was huge and hit with, what seemed like, the intent to almost head but him. I was just making the point that the hit was way worse than I thought. You should expect a few giant hits on special teams, not after you throw the ball as a QB. The color of the jersy or who was on wich team means nothing when it comes to penalties or hits as far as Im concerned. They were both big hits and I would say both violent and I think more was made of one hit than the other, unjustly imo.

I guess we can agree to disagree on a couple things. Pure passer... no, but not as bad as they made it sound. I understand them having doubts about his passing ability, but by that time he was doing as well as anyone I've seen this year. And Oki st was not running away with the game as they were trying to portray.

As far as the Martinez hit, that was a vicious hit! He is not as small as he seems and he flew back several yards, bouncing his head off the ground. Ive seen QB's not get up after a hit like that. It may not be as bad as two people going seperate directions, but that defensive player was huge and hit with, what seemed like, the intent to almost head but him. I was just making the point that the hit was way worse than I thought. You should expect a few giant hits on special teams, not after you throw the ball as a QB. The color of the jersy or who was on wich team means nothing when it comes to penalties or hits as far as Im concerned. They were both big hits and I would say both violent and I think more was made of one hit than the other, unjustly imo.

AND I'll say Martin being suspended is ABSOLUTE CRAP! I keep finding reasons to be happier we are leaving the B12.

:yeah

How many LB are we taking this year?

Need to get him in for a game.

I was wondering the exact same thing, when are we gonna start seeing some LB we've been looking to get start making a move I mean season's already over halfway over and not a lot to show recruiting wise from LB, and obviously DL could use some work too.

:yeah

How many LB are we taking this year?

Need to get him in for a game.

I was wondering the exact same thing, when are we gonna start seeing some LB we've been looking to get start making a move I mean season's already over halfway over and not a lot to show recruiting wise from LB, and obviously DL could use some work too.

we've got one true LB in santos and are obviously still trying to get another. i'd be surprised if we took three, though i wouldn't mind considering we only took one last year, and a juco at that.