ILB Kent Turene

Nexus

• 3 weeks later...

USC is amazing and puzzling ... they have their sanctions and they still have four of the top 100 recruits. They have the #4 and #5 recruits in the whole country and are looking like they might land 6-7 of the top 100 recruits.

That is just crazy-scary!

There's gotta be some nice bribes goin' on over their, some really good pot and a few other benefits outside of the weather and the girls ... cause that just doesn't seem right.

SheepdogMark

USC is amazing and puzzling ... they have their sanctions and they still have four of the top 100 recruits. They have the #4 and #5 recruits in the whole country and are looking like they might land 6-7 of the top 100 recruits.

That is just crazy-scary!

There's gotta be some nice bribes goin' on over their, some really good pot and a few other benefits outside of the weather and the girls ... cause that just doesn't seem right.

SheepdogMark

If you think about it though, this recruiting class isn't really affected by the sanctions outside of number of scholarships and missing 1 bowl game. Most of these kids won't see the field next year anyway (or in a limited fashion). In the end, I doubt the sanctions really mean anything to these kids.

If I was a talented recruit in the 2011 class and wanted to go to USC, the sanctions wouldn't hold me back.

If you think about it though, this recruiting class isn't really affected by the sanctions outside of number of scholarships and missing 1 bowl game. Most of these kids won't see the field next year anyway (or in a limited fashion). In the end, I doubt the sanctions really mean anything to these kids.

If I was a talented recruit in the 2011 class and wanted to go to USC, the sanctions wouldn't hold me back.

I'm sure that's what Kiffin tells them, and they probably won't be affected directly - but the indirect result of the loss of scholarships and probation will impact things without a doubt. It will take a few years before we really start seeing the lack of depth caused by this. USC will be able to weather the storm better than a program like Nebraska due to the fact they can still recruit 15 of the absolute best players and get 7-10 quality players...whereas we historically have needed 25 spots to get those same 7-10.

Only time will tell - but the loss of a bowl game definately won't impact this class much. It's the scholarships and probation that will. That's pretty easy to spin though if you're Kiffin.

• 3 weeks later...

This could be interesting now. I can easily see him getting all caught up in the "dream team" hype with Drew, Gabe Wright, et al at Georgia. However, this dream team rush of committs will put them over 25 commits including two four star stud LBs and leaves me wondering how much room they actually have. I really am wondering if one of the in state schools made a serious play on Kent.