ILB Kent Turene

Nexus

This could be interesting now. I can easily see him getting all caught up in the "dream team" hype with Drew, Gabe Wright, et al at Georgia. However, this dream team rush of committs will put them over 25 commits including two four star stud LBs and leaves me wondering how much room they actually have. I really am wondering if one of the in state schools made a serious play on Kent.

True, though when have SEC schools cared about scholarship limits?

This could be interesting now. I can easily see him getting all caught up in the "dream team" hype with Drew, Gabe Wright, et al at Georgia. However, this dream team rush of committs will put them over 25 commits including two four star stud LBs and leaves me wondering how much room they actually have. I really am wondering if one of the in state schools made a serious play on Kent.

Also true but Richt has been one of the few coaches that actually stays within the limits. It is the Bama, LSU, South Carolina, and Auburn over signings of late that has made this a huge deal.

Also true but Richt has been one of the few coaches that actually stays within the limits. It is the Bama, LSU, South Carolina, and Auburn over signings of late that has made this a huge deal.

Agreed, Coach Richt seems to be a good guy. Most of his family lives here in Omaha and his little brother was one of my high school baseball coaches. Good family and I'm happy to see him succeed.

This would be a HUGE!!! get.

yes he would, but i wouldn't get your hopes up.

I'm not terribly optimistic about getting him, but as long as he says he's still considering us I'll go ahead and get my hopes up.

yeah why not i agree...i mean it cant hurt and sometimes you never know......

Are we even looking at taking another LB?

we definitely want and need another LB. whether we can land virgile or turene is yet to be seen, but it looks to me like we're going to strike out on both. glad we got santos though, he looks like a good one.

Agreed on Santos. As for Turene... wow that would be awesome --- while it is tough to tell how good Virgile is... there is no doubt that Turene is a beast. Love to have him.

He will decide between the Trojans, Georgia, Texas Tech and Nebraska when he makes his announcement Wednesday morning in his school gym at 10 a.m

So, he took trips to all four of those schools – including Nebraska in December when the temperature in Lincoln was only 8 degrees.

“It was cold, but I liked it,” Turene said. “For me, this is about finding the best academic situation, a place where I can be comfortable and become a great person and a great leader. I want to play on a great defense and become a great linebacker.”

Link