What offense do you want NU to run?

ESPY

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Pro Style because it's the closest to a power running game without the option offense and can still pass. Like others have said, I want an offense that can adapt to our players. And I like being able to pass the ball and have defenses concerned about our passing game. Someone else mentioned Alabama's offense, but I don't like their offensive scheme. I'd rather have Alabama's o-line and a more aggressive scheme.

This pretty much captures what I meant by "Pro Style." I know there's been discussion about Pelini's communication with Saban, & we know Bo wants a more physical offense that can pound the rock and maintain a dangerous passing game (the 50/50 attack). As much as I miss the I-option (that was my vote), this would be my second choice & IMO I think we're heading in this direction. You gotta think Watson is capable of running this "Alabama Pro Style" since Saban wanted him down there. So, it's not out of the question that we have this in the near future if Bo's been talking to Saban about it.

I went pro style based on OU's offense in 2008. That offense was seemingly unstoppable and extremely balanced.

No doubt this pro style was among the most fun offenses to watch that year (next to Florida). This pro style was seemingly less smashmouth in nature compared to Bama's in '09, but WOW did it work well...until the MNC game of course.

I want that Watson offense that beat the hell out of NU back in 2001. That was probably the best play calling I'd ever seen from Watson. He had our D frazzled the whole game.

52 carries for 380 yds.

2 RB's with 150+ yds.

9/16 for 202 yds. passing

Game Stats

Exactly what would you call that offense the Buffs killed us with that year? I would put it in the spread category, but there were so many different looks, it's hard to put a finger on it. At the same time, he could've run any offensive style that day 'cause our D did not show up at all.

I want that Watson offense that beat the hell out of NU back in 2001. That was probably the best play calling I'd ever seen from Watson. He had our D frazzled the whole game.

52 carries for 380 yds.

2 RB's with 150+ yds.

9/16 for 202 yds. passing

Game Stats

Exactly what would you call that offense the Buffs killed us with that year? I would put it in the spread category, but there were so many different looks, it's hard to put a finger on it. At the same time, he could've run any offensive style that day 'cause our D did not show up at all.

With the depth that we have built now with our OL we should be able to run more traps and counters. I remember that big TE CU had was a pretty big part of their offense as well. We have a steady stable of them and added Harper this class.

I want an offense that allows for a mobile quarterback to make plays with his feet, with a short to intermediate passing game that allows big time playmaking WR's to get out in space and make plays.

We already got the Quarterback for my vision with Jamal Turner. He isn't a "mobile quarterback" that outruns people in high school because he's a much better athlete, the guy makes plays. Any one who hasn't seen his video needs to, and get you will get the same vision.

Braylon Heard is the perfect running back for this system as well. I'm starting to envision an offense like West Virginia's the last few years under Rich Rod. Big play making running backs, with a dynamic quarterback that can make plays all over the field. With the defense that Bo's assembled, it only makes sense to run this offense, as it has plenty of big play potential, and it consumes clock.

We still need to get one or two more big play receivers, as I was really disappointed that we couldn't land Curtis Carter, as he would've fit this offense perfectly. We need receivers that can stretch the field, a la Percy Harvin, Dez Bryant, Jeramy Maclin, Desean Jackson. Now I know that I named some big time players that already are, or will soon be making millions of dollars playing in The League. You get my point.

I want an offense that allows for a mobile quarterback to make plays with his feet, with a short to intermediate passing game that allows big time playmaking WR's to get out in space and make plays.

We already got the Quarterback for my vision with Jamal Turner. He isn't a "mobile quarterback" that outruns people in high school because he's a much better athlete, the guy makes plays. Any one who hasn't seen his video needs to, and get you will get the same vision.

Braylon Heard is the perfect running back for this system as well. I'm starting to envision an offense like West Virginia's the last few years under Rich Rod. Big play making running backs, with a dynamic quarterback that can make plays all over the field. With the defense that Bo's assembled, it only makes sense to run this offense, as it has plenty of big play potential, and it consumes clock.

We still need to get one or two more big play receivers, as I was really disappointed that we couldn't land Curtis Carter, as he would've fit this offense perfectly. We need receivers that can stretch the field, a la Percy Harvin, Dez Bryant, Jeramy Maclin, Desean Jackson. Now I know that I named some big time players that already are, or will soon be making millions of dollars playing in The League. You get my point.

Niles Paul and Kinnie should service us well next season. In the future Quincy and Kenny will be a pretty good 1-2 punch.

Niles Paul and Kinnie should service us well next season. In the future Quincy and Kenny will be a pretty good 1-2 punch.

I'd love to see Antonio Bell develop into a receiver for this spread option offense, as he's the type of receiver i envision for this offense. Some Florida boys that can run and make some big plays.