10 Bold Predictions About the 2010 Huskers

schuhbdoo

I'm not so sure about the Helu prediction. Injuries really are a serious problem for him. He has been limited in our bowl games the last two years because of knee problems.

Naturally, all running backs are going to be injured in one way or another throughout a season. The big thing is fighting through those injuries and playing consistent, not being limited by what is bothering you. I don't think he is going get to 1,500 personally. I believe he'll float around the same area he did for this year, and that Burkhead will get somewhere around 800 yards.

At first I wasn't so sure about #7 being a "bold prediction". But, now that I think about it, we were in about the same boat entering the 2009 season. The LB corps had arguably the most to prove compared to the Dline & secondary. Fortunately Dillard stepped up huge for us, & his play elevated the play of the rest of the unit.

Entering 2010 we're right back where we were. Compton, Fisher & May have some experience, but they have a lot to prove. Apparently EMart, who wasn't even mentioned in this Bleacher Report, still has lots to learn to make his way up the depth chart. That leaves us with a bunch of ?s.

IMO the JUCO transfer Lavonte David will be the difference. That's my bold prediction. Sure, he's new to the system and will have even more to learn than the others, but based on his JUCO footage, his mix of speed, tenacity & smarts seem to set him apart from the others. Along with that, David appears to be the perfect fit for Pelini's defensive schemes, especially vs the pass.

I know the author assumes no injuries occur (as if that have ever happened in the history of college football). Still, I have my doubts about prediction #2:

2. Zac Lee WILL Be the Starting QB All Year.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Green, Martinez and Spano--or even Latravis for that matter. Zac Lee doesn't have much of an edge over them. And Zac won't be around for spring ball.

Tired of reading Bleacher Report articles. Well put together, interesting, well written - no substance.

Sean Fisher is too slow to play dime LB, but Dillard wasn't?

Martinez will be the third string and will only see time if Lee or Green is hurt and the game is out of hand. On that note, they will redshirt Brion Carnes. Kody Spano will be a no name on the team—too bad for a guy who left high school early.

What?...

The secondary will be the strong point of the defense. Yes, we lose Asante and O'Hanlon, but we have P.J. Smith to replace Asante, and Thenarse to replace O'Hanlon.

Huh?..."Yes, we lose X, but we have unproven commodity Y to replace"...hate those kinds of arguments.