DT Quincy Russell

Nexus

Hey moderators could you delete my thread on Quincy Russell, I didn't see this one had already been started.

Anyways,

This guy is going to fly up the rankings. Currently he isn't on any watch lists on Rivals, but seeing the offers he has it won't be long. He's from my neck of the woods and I'm willing to bet he's been under the radar due to the lack of success of his team. Sam Houston is an inner San Antonio school that is known for its athletes.

The guy plays both ways at 6'3 280 but projects to DT at the college level. Got an offer from the Huskers the other day and mentioned TCU and Miami as the other schools he likes. He did receive an offer from Texas at their junior day.

Smart kid, talks about majoring in architecture or engineering in college which could bode well for the Big Red Machine (don't you guys have a good engineering program). TCU should be in the mix for this guy as well (if Texas doesn't snatch him up first).

I'll keep an eye on this guy for ya'll and report back any new news.

• 3 weeks later...

Does he have a confirmed ride to Lincoln for the spring game?

:dunno

Have they given any updates at HI about this? I know huskernation20 has him listed in the Spring Game Visitor thread. I suggested in that thread that he should contact Aaron Green to see if he's driving up so he could carpool with him since they're both in San Antonio.

Does he have a confirmed ride to Lincoln for the spring game?

:dunno

Have they given any updates at HI about this? I know huskernation20 has him listed in the Spring Game Visitor thread. I suggested in that thread that he should contact Aaron Green to see if he's driving up so he could carpool with him since they're both in San Antonio.

The last HI update said he was still looking. I'd love it if he joined Aaron Green....

"There's some schools like that that if the offer came I'd commit," Russell said. "Texas, probably Alabama, I know Miami sent me a letter and that would probably be an early commit for me, Nebraska has a good defensive line coach so that would probably be one too."

As a junior Russell was named First-Team All-District 27-3A and Second-Team All-Area on the football field, and is now working to help guide the Sam Houston basketball team on a deep run to a championship.

"The basketball season is going great right now," he said. "We're in district and we've got a big game coming up against Somerset and if we win that game we win district pretty much."

"There's some schools like that that if the offer came I'd commit," Russell said. "Texas, probably Alabama, I know Miami sent me a letter and that would probably be an early commit for me, Nebraska has a good defensive line coach so that would probably be one too."

that is a very strange quote on a couple of levels. glad to see us in such considered in good company though.

This kid said that he would commit to four different schools in that little part of an article.

Yeah and not to mention how he says "if the offer came" - he's already got offers from 2 of the 4 schools he mentions (Texas and Neb)

...which makes you wonder about the accuracy of his offer list. given that they are usually based upon the word of the kid (or the kid's coaches or guardians), they are not always accurate, but it's odd to see the kid apparently contradict it. just another reason to always take these recruiting sites and their updates with a grain of salt. they rarely have all of the information.

• 2 weeks later...

He doesn't have favorites yet. Distance will play a factor into his decision as will education, coach experience, and who will prepare him for the NFL the best. His mother is sick and his family wants to watch him play which is why distance matters to him. He recently went to aTm for their junior day and liked it. He will be at Texas this weekend for a practice and Nebraska for the Spring Game - those are currently the only two visits he has scheduled. He likes how we attack with our front four and is excited to see a "game day like atmosphere."

Sounds like we are in good position right now. From my way outsiders perspective, it seems like a three horse race between Texas, aTm, and Nebraska.