Player: Quincy Russell

Hometown: San Antonio, TX

School: Sam Houston HS

Position: DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 280 lbs

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arizona, Nebraska, Baylor, Mississippi St., Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Committed to Texas

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#7)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#7)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#22)

**NOTE: Click on ESPN link above to watch highlights.**

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Baylor, Mississippi St., Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN:

Says he has a genuine interest in Nebraska because of what they did with Suh. Looks like he is seriously considering us and recognizes Bo's defensive success.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Baylor, Mississippi St., Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN:

Says he has a genuine interest in Nebraska because of what they did with Suh. Looks like he is seriously considering us and recognizes Bo's defensive success.

This guy, this guy and this guy have said the same thing. It's called the "Suh-cruiting Effect". :bonez

He said he'll chose a school who has a good architectural engineering program and which team is heading in the right direction. He also wants to go to a place where his mother and grandmother can see him play and wants to go to a school where the coach has coached there more than one year. How is UNL's architectural engineering program?

He said he'll chose a school who has a good architectural engineering program and which team is heading in the right direction. He also wants to go to a place where his mother and grandmother can see him play and wants to go to a school where the coach has coached there more than one year. How is UNL's architectural engineering program?

The AE program is excellent here. Check the link for more info.

We are the University of NEBRASKA arent we? :)

We are the University of NEBRASKA arent we? :)

:thumbs

Of course.

Did I read that wrong or isn't it offered in Omaha, not Lincoln. I'm assuming it's in partnership with UNL so obviously he'd be fine - but traveling back and forth to Omaha between practice, meetings, film review, weights, etc might be a little overwhemling.

Did I read that wrong or isn't it offered in Omaha, not Lincoln. I'm assuming it's in partnership with UNL so obviously he'd be fine - but traveling back and forth to Omaha between practice, meetings, film review, weights, etc might be a little overwhemling.

His status as a scholarship student-athlete would be factored into this situation. His academic adviser would work it out for him.

His status as a scholarship student-athlete would be factored into this situation. His academic adviser would work it out for him.

His academic adviser couldn't exactly move the building, lighting and structure labs from Omaha to Lincoln though. This is one of those majors where you need to be on campus and in the labs a considerable amount of time. A lot of student athletes are given laptops to help with the schedule, but just the software alone on one of those AE computers probably runs in excess of 50k...and it more than likely wouldn't run on a laptop anyway. Just saying - it's a spectacular program - had plenty of friends at Peter Kiewit - but what makes it world class also makes it tough to replicate for the standard athlete on the go.

His academic adviser couldn't exactly move the building, lighting and structure labs from Omaha to Lincoln though. This is one of those majors where you need to be on campus and in the labs a considerable amount of time. A lot of student athletes are given laptops to help with the schedule, but just the software alone on one of those AE computers probably runs in excess of 50k...and it more than likely wouldn't run on a laptop anyway. Just saying - it's a spectacular program - had plenty of friends at Peter Kiewit - but what makes it world class also makes it tough to replicate for the standard athlete on the go.

You are right that the software is 50k plus, but that is for a corporate license. For an individual student you are talking a 1 to 2 year license on the software to only be installed on one computer so more like $500. The makers of the software want students to have it because they will push it when they get jobs. Also it will run on laptops, I use a version of some of the software teaching at the Junior high level. In the past I have used the software at high schools and such. Despite all this I do agree it would be a tough major for an athlete because of its rigor, but that is the same anywhere not just at Nebraska. They will find a way to make the distance (lincoln to omaha) work, but it would be the general difficulty of the Major which would make it tough. At the same time we have athletes go through in Pre-Med, Organic Biology, and the like who do fine. It all depends on how much work he wants to put in.

You are right that the software is 50k plus, but that is for a corporate license. For an individual student you are talking a 1 to 2 year license on the software to only be installed on one computer so more like $500. The makers of the software want students to have it because they will push it when they get jobs. Also it will run on laptops, I use a version of some of the software teaching at the Junior high level. In the past I have used the software at high schools and such. Despite all this I do agree it would be a tough major for an athlete because of its rigor, but that is the same anywhere not just at Nebraska. They will find a way to make the distance (lincoln to omaha) work, but it would be the general difficulty of the Major which would make it tough. At the same time we have athletes go through in Pre-Med, Organic Biology, and the like who do fine. It all depends on how much work he wants to put in.

My daughter is a Regents Scholar in the PKI AE program. Gotta tell ya, this is one of THE best programs the country. UNL has some engineering, but PKI, the elite program, is in Omaha.