DT Quincy Russell

Nexus

I agree this makes no sense, it's not like if they get drafted they can control the climate and say no it's too cold there.

i think it makes plenty of sense. the nfl is later, maybe, and i'm guessing less than half the teams are in cold weather climates. if weather means that much to a kid, i see no reason to put up with poor weather earlier than he has to just because he MIGHT someday have to play in it regularly.

that said, i would hope that most kids we recruit can overlook our biggest drawback in favor of the many more important things we have to offer, like fan support, facilities, great coaching and....winning! one more good season should cement us back in the minds of the public as a place where you go to play in and win big games, which was our biggest selling point for decades.

I agree this makes no sense, it's not like if they get drafted they can control the climate and say no it's too cold there.

i think it makes plenty of sense. the nfl is later, maybe, and i'm guessing less than half the teams are in cold weather climates. if weather means that much to a kid, i see no reason to put up with poor weather earlier than he has to just because he MIGHT someday have to play in it regularly.

that said, i would hope that most kids we recruit can overlook our biggest drawback in favor of the many more important things we have to offer, like fan support, facilities, great coaching and....winning! one more good season should cement us back in the minds of the public as a place where you go to play in and win big games, which was our biggest selling point for decades.

There's no "might" about it, if you play in the NFL you'll be playing in cold weather. It doesn't matter if you end up in Miami if you're playing an away game in Buffalo or Detroit. The thing I don't understand is that I was sweating my ass off and got burned sitting in the sun all day, how was he in the least bit cold? He'd better sack up.

There's no "might" about it, if you play in the NFL you'll be playing in cold weather. It doesn't matter if you end up in Miami if you're playing an away game in Buffalo or Detroit. The thing I don't understand is that I was sweating my ass off and got burned sitting in the sun all day, how was he in the least bit cold? He'd better sack up.

True, but I think he may have been commenting on the probability of Quincy actually playing on Sundays.

i think you missed the word "regularly". playing a couple of cold games a year hardly seems like a good argument for spending your college years in a climate you're uncomfortable with.

i do agree about the weather on saturday, but it was notably chilly that morning in omaha, and probably colder than he's used to that night and the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a thread about Russell in RSS. The title says he has a Top 3. I take it Nebraska didn't make the cut, since the thread isn't pinned along the top?

His top 3 are Texas, Oklahoma State, and Baylor. How Baylor beat out Nebraska is beyond me......oh wait they have warmer weather.

• Fire 1

There's a thread about Russell in RSS. The title says he has a Top 3. I take it Nebraska didn't make the cut, since the thread isn't pinned along the top?

His top 3 are Texas, Oklahoma State, and Baylor. How Baylor beat out Nebraska is beyond me......oh wait they have warmer weather.

I'm not surprised that we didn't make the cut. Afterall he said he would've rated the NU Spring Game trip an 8.5 because it was chilly and he forgot his jacket, so instead he rated the trip a 9 because it was his fault for not bringing a jacket. :facepalm:

That comment let me know that he wasn't interested in NU, along with his mother's ailing health.

Oh well. On to the next. There are plenty of stud DTs still interested in us. Todd Peat is one of them.

Oh well. On to the next. There are plenty of stud DTs still interested in us. Todd Peat is one of them.

Mickey Johnson is very interested in us too and said that we'll probably be in is top 5. Nebraska wasn't on the radar until the Texas game when Suh dominated Texas and thats when Nebraska started showing up on Johnsons radar.

His scholarship offers are nasty....a lot of top college programs want this kid

Mickey Johnson is very interested in us too and said that we'll probably be in is top 5. Nebraska wasn't on the radar until the Texas game when Suh dominated Texas and thats when Nebraska started showing up on Johnsons radar.

Yeah I like him too from what I've seen on film. He has a quick first step and shows good pad level since he's only 6'1".

Yea I heard Mickey Johnson will be at NU during the summer to check us out.

Plenty of other DT's out there that are very interested: Todd Peat, Gabe Wright (Alabama leads), Gerrand Johnson, Mason Fuller (visited for the spring game), Isiah Norton. We will get one of those kids no doubt.